Wichita State vs. UT-Martin (Tennessee) Pre-Game Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

You do your thing, other people will do theres. Like you said.

It's also a reasonable expectation not to feel like you're being taken advantage of. The annual ticket increases along with the annual concession increases combined with a flat-lined in-game production doesn't equate well to a lot of people unless you're bleeding money and don't care. I love the in-game atmosphere, I love the product on the floor, I love the coaches, the players, etc. But when you feel like you get taken advantage of your fanhood, that rubs people the wrong way. I IMMENSELY miss going to games but it finally outpriced my budget and the constant mid-major type production just didn't do it for me. I almost felt embarrassed watching how things went on with a Top 10 team on the floor.

WSU needs to do their part too (not the team). It's not a one-way street and to anyone thinking that it should be again either bleeds money or doesn't really have a value to their time.
    I will do my thing and others can do theirs as you said. I pointed out why I continue to go to games and what my expectations were. So why does it irk you if I do my thing and not care about what you do? I'm not the one to call out others about what is lacking and then expound on them as reasons why everyone else should feel the same as you. Many younger people feel the need for constant entertainment ie constant access to online content through phones or instant gratification in life including their leisure time and their work environment. When things don't go the way they want them to or they "feel like they are being taken advantage of" they cry "That's not fair" What they really mean is they don't like the current situation. Guess what? Life isn't fair but you still have to deal with it. That is just a hard truth and its not easy to swallow. There are things that could be improved such as the cost of concessions and I show my concern by my not buying anything at the arena. Unlike you I don't call out those that partake of the concessions at the arena and try to minimize or belittle them as you so often do if they don't agree with you. The feeling I get from you is that unless people agree with you then they are either "bleeding money or don't care" I'm not bleeding money and I do care but what possibly bothers you the most is that I don't care about what bothers you at this time .

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post

that was then
      So what you are saying is we can't count on you if the going gets tough?

Comment

What is that term that gets bandied about from time to time that describes fan loyalty like that. Maybe you can help me out here

Comment

Originally posted by pogo View Post
          What is that term that gets bandied about from time to time that describes fan loyalty like that. Maybe you can help me out here
          You’re a “fair weather” fan?
          Livin the dream

Comment

I will do my thing and others can do theirs as you said. I pointed out why I continue to go to games and what my expectations were. So why does it irk you if I do my thing and not care about what you do? I'm not the one to call out others about what is lacking and then expound on them as reasons why everyone else should feel the same as you. Many younger people feel the need for constant entertainment ie constant access to online content through phones or instant gratification in life including their leisure time and their work environment. When things don't go the way they want them to or they "feel like they are being taken advantage of" they cry "That's not fair" What they really mean is they don't like the current situation. Guess what? Life isn't fair but you still have to deal with it. That is just a hard truth and its not easy to swallow. There are things that could be improved such as the cost of concessions and I show my concern by my not buying anything at the arena. Unlike you I don't call out those that partake of the concessions at the arena and try to minimize or belittle them as you so often do if they don't agree with you. The feeling I get from you is that unless people agree with you then they are either "bleeding money or don't care" I'm not bleeding money and I do care but what possibly bothers you the most is that I don't care about what bothers you at this time .
            Apparently you do care as you felt the need to list a set of reasons why you have season tickets and why you go to games unprovoked. I responded to you. And you now have responded back. So you do care.

You think I'm calling people out? You were the one that began calling people out in your initial post. You were the one talking down to people that don't/cannot attend anymore and were mocking them.

Nice generalization of "younger people". I'm not even sure I even qualify myself as a millennial. I might be, maybe by like a year or two. But what does that have to do with anything? I don't go to games to get on my phone. I go to watch solid basketball and see a good product put out. $800 for a season ticket may seem like chump change to you, but I expect an equal transaction.

So it looks like the moral of your story is that life's not fair. Solid counterpoint. Well WSU is a business, for-profit business. If they aren't putting together the total package and while consistently squeezing out the profit margins, well it eventually becomes bad business. And I'd say by the declining season ticket sales and less full games, my stance appears to be the right one. Doesn't make you more of a fan or me less of one.
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

So what you are saying is we can't count on you if the going gets tough?
              What's getting tough? Because WSU is outpricing its market, it's his fault and not WSU's?

If WSU had any sound business savvy, there are things it could do to sell out the arena again, feel satisfied about being there, and even spend some additional monies there. But instead, they'd rather make the quick buck.
              Deuces Valley.
              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

Apparently you do care as you felt the need to list a set of reasons why you have season tickets and why you go to games unprovoked. I responded to you. And you now have responded back. So you do care.

You think I'm calling people out? You were the one that began calling people out in your initial post. You were the one talking down to people that don't/cannot attend anymore and were mocking them.

Nice generalization of "younger people". I'm not even sure I even qualify myself as a millennial. I might be, maybe by like a year or two. But what does that have to do with anything? I don't go to games to get on my phone. I go to watch solid basketball and see a good product put out. $800 for a season ticket may seem like chump change to you, but I expect an equal transaction.

So it looks like the moral of your story is that life's not fair. Solid counterpoint. Well WSU is a business, for-profit business. If they aren't putting together the total package and while consistently squeezing out the profit margins, well it eventually becomes bad business. And I'd say by the declining season ticket sales and less full games, my stance appears to be the right one. Doesn't make you more of a fan or me less of one.
                And once again you try to turn this around by interjecting your opinion into some one else's comments. I posted a comment in response to a comment (not yours) about why I still have tickets. I called no one out but stated that if they didn't want to attend games anymore I said I hoped they would watch it on TV. I NEVER said I was a better fan or that someone was less a fan because they chose not to attend games. I NEVER stated that I felt that 800 dollars was chump change but you say you felt you weren't getting an equal transaction to the money spent. So do we all get to vote what constitutes an equal transaction or shall we use your measurement. You point to declining ticket sales to prove your arguments yet there seemed to be very few seats that were available when these seats were noted with sheets of paper so interested people could purchase them. SASO donations go to the funding of scholarships for ALL student athletes so those dollars supports kids in sports that don't enjoy the bright lights and thousands of fans. It supports kids that work day after day in near anonymity to compete in their sport and get an education. I guess your feeling that you were not getting an equal transaction (moneys worth) is due in part to giving scholarships to them. So maybe we should cut those scholarships and lower SASO donations so we can all enjoy WSU basketball at Koch Arena..Oh DAMN it only holds a finite number. It is amazing how you can read something pretty generic and think someone is speaking about you. The comment about the younger generation was generic with no names attached but you felt it was directed at you. I have no idea your age only that you have a fairly new addition. I used to tell my kids that life wasn't fair and they needed to deal with it. They are all older than you unless you started having kids in your 40's. So it really isn't all about you as much as it seems you want it to be. This horse has been beaten so often by you that I will give you the opportunity to once again have the all important last word.

Comment

This argument is ridiculous.

If you can’t afford to pay for WSU season tickets anymore that’s one thing. I completely understand that. A budget can only be stretched so far.

If you no longer buy season tickets because “the off court product isn’t up to your standards” then you’re a ****ing idiot. I mean I’ve been going to WSU games my entire life and I’ve griped about the music, promotions, etc before but when the rubber meets the road none of that **** matters. I’m here to watch the team and the team is ridiculously good.

Like, really? You’re ok with paying for season tickets as long as they get the quick change artist and the dog riding monkeys once a year? Cool. Save your money and go see the ****ing circus.

”The WSU athletic department doesn’t call me and personally kiss my ass enough.” Get over yourself. You’re not important, no one cares about you nor should they.

Being taken advantage of? That is the dumbest thing I’ve ever heard in my life. Again, get over yourself.

For a bunch of people who like to throw around the word snowflake it seems like winter has come early.

Comment

I’m really surprised that no one mentioned the scoreboard showing two different fonts for the 1s after we broke 100. Doc and I were just sure that someone would ***** about that.
                    78-65

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post
                      I’m really surprised that no one mentioned the scoreboard showing two different fonts for the 1s after we broke 100. Doc and I were just sure that someone would ***** about that.
                      I walked to the ticket office and cancelled my season tickets when I saw that.

Comment

Originally posted by pie n eye View Post

I walked to the ticket office and cancelled my season tickets when I saw that.
                        LMAO Now that's funny.

Comment

If you can’t afford to pay for WSU season tickets anymore that’s one thing. I completely understand that. A budget can only be stretched so far.

If you no longer buy season tickets because “the off court product isn’t up to your standards” then you’re a ****ing idiot. I mean I’ve been going to WSU games my entire life and I’ve griped about the music, promotions, etc before but when the rubber meets the road none of that **** matters. I’m here to watch the team and the team is ridiculously good.

Like, really? You’re ok with paying for season tickets as long as they get the quick change artist and the dog riding monkeys once a year? Cool. Save your money and go see the ****ing circus.

”The WSU athletic department doesn’t call me and personally kiss my ass enough.” Get over yourself. You’re not important, no one cares about you nor should they.

Being taken advantage of? That is the dumbest thing I’ve ever heard in my life. Again, get over yourself.

For a bunch of people who like to throw around the word snowflake it seems like winter has come early.
                          Mic dropBoomGood night Alice

Comment

I won't say you're not a fan if you care more about production than you do about supporting the program, players, and school, but I will say that makes you an asshole.
                            "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

And once again you try to turn this around by interjecting your opinion into some one else's comments. I posted a comment in response to a comment (not yours) about why I still have tickets. I called no one out but stated that if they didn't want to attend games anymore I said I hoped they would watch it on TV. I NEVER said I was a better fan or that someone was less a fan because they chose not to attend games. I NEVER stated that I felt that 800 dollars was chump change but you say you felt you weren't getting an equal transaction to the money spent. So do we all get to vote what constitutes an equal transaction or shall we use your measurement. You point to declining ticket sales to prove your arguments yet there seemed to be very few seats that were available when these seats were noted with sheets of paper so interested people could purchase them. SASO donations go to the funding of scholarships for ALL student athletes so those dollars supports kids in sports that don't enjoy the bright lights and thousands of fans. It supports kids that work day after day in near anonymity to compete in their sport and get an education. I guess your feeling that you were not getting an equal transaction (moneys worth) is due in part to giving scholarships to them. So maybe we should cut those scholarships and lower SASO donations so we can all enjoy WSU basketball at Koch Arena..Oh DAMN it only holds a finite number. It is amazing how you can read something pretty generic and think someone is speaking about you. The comment about the younger generation was generic with no names attached but you felt it was directed at you. I have no idea your age only that you have a fairly new addition. I used to tell my kids that life wasn't fair and they needed to deal with it. They are all older than you unless you started having kids in your 40's. So it really isn't all about you as much as it seems you want it to be. This horse has been beaten so often by you that I will give you the opportunity to once again have the all important last word.
                              You implied a lot with your comments even though you're saying they were all generalizations. You said people can watch games on TV but threw in the shot of having a great atmosphere in their living room. Where did I say anything about SASO donations? See, now you're projecting things into me. I said season ticket prices and concession prices. Both of those have nothing to do with funding scholarships.

Whether you admit it or not, your initial post was a thinly veiled shot at those that no longer have season tickets anymore.
                              Deuces Valley.
                              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

***WSU drone alert**** ***WSU can do no wrong**** ****We can't have expectations that are higher than basic fan amenities or we're assholes**** ***Accept things for what they are, hand over your money, and STFU***** ****If the stuff in between game time is embarrassing and amateur hour, just accept it******* ****WSU drone alert******

Nobody wants a ****ing circus, but I don't expect the production crew to look like one either.

Maybe WSU should just start charging to go the restroom and get rid of the scoreboard. Who cares right? WSU can do no wrong here.
                                Deuces Valley.
                                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Working...
                                X