James Wiseman ineligible

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comment

• Actually was looking forward to seeing him in Koch.

Would have been a good challenge for WSU.
      The Assman

Comment

• Well, we won’t see him first time around. Would have been cool to see possibly a top NBA pick in the Chuck though...

Comment

• The NCAA added 3 games to the 9-game suspension, probably due to Memphis playing him anyway.

Comment

• I'll believe it when I see it.

At least as it stands right now, it's more than Clev had to sit out.

Comment

• Welp, I figured he'd be cleared 12/1. Oh well. If this was WSU, the NCAA would've given us the death penalty.

Comment

• What's the basis for the suspension?
                Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                  What's the basis for the suspension?
                  Taking $11k from a Memphis booster? Plus maybe a couple games for continuing to play after the NCAA said he was ineligible. This is pretty cut and dry stuff. I don't understand the pity-party. Quit cheating. If WSU did this, we would no longer have an athletic department.

I'll go ahead and guarantee right now that Wiseman is eligible for the WSU game.

Comment

• Memphis has already announced they are appealing.
                    Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post

Taking $11k from a Memphis booster? Plus maybe a couple games for continuing to play after the NCAA said he was ineligible. This is pretty cut and dry stuff. I don't understand the pity-party. Quit cheating. If WSU did this, we would no longer have an athletic department.

I'll go ahead and guarantee right now that Wiseman is eligible for the WSU game.
                      You mean if you take $11k from a booster you are only ineligible for a little while?

Comment

• Penny recruiting a player he knowingly paid in high school should warrant some sort of discipline on the coach. I don’t get it.

Comment

You mean if you take $11k from a booster you are only ineligible for a little while?
                          Yes, but apparently our coach can pay players and not suffer any consequences. The precedents are being set.

Comment

Depends mightily on the name of the school.

Comment

Apparently, about a $1,000 per game. Although who really believes Wiseman (or his family) only cleared $11k.

Comment

• Well hell, if it only costs $11k to get the number one prospect in the country ... and you only lose 9 games or so ...

Comment

Working...
                                X