James Wiseman ineligible

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Aargh View Post
    I have to wonder who else was recruiting Wiseman who may have gotten in the NCAA's ear and wanted them to rule him ineligible. Was North Carolina recruiting him?
    Kentucky was on him hard and all the "experts" predicted he would sign. Memphis was relatively late to the party. This article doesn't paint a pretty picture for Penny when it comes to running a tight ship. Every lawyer in America would love to depose this guy!!!
    Penny Hardaway, the University of Memphis basketball coach, was deposed as a part of a case that challenged James Wiseman being ruled ineligible in high school.

Comment

Holy carp (incorrect spelling intentional).

Hardaway is bringing a whole new dimension to the "dumb jock" concept. I thought that concept was being nullified by a lot of very intelligent comments from pro athletes lately.
      The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
      We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Originally posted by Wooglin View Post

Kentucky was on him hard and all the "experts" predicted he would sign. Memphis was relatively late to the party. This article doesn't paint a pretty picture for Penny when it comes to running a tight ship. Every lawyer in America would love to depose this guy!!!
        Good grief.

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Their quality of history really depends on if you are counting everything that got vacated or not. They have a lot of * in their history. Cheating is kinda in their blood.
          My wife and I sat by a Memphis 'booster' at the AAC last year and he flat out said that Tubby got canned in part because he WOULD NOT agree to have his players paid by the boosters..."how you going to win with that mentality?"....He did not say if he personally had been a participant in said payments but he seemed pretty proud of himself...

Comment

I have to wonder who else was recruiting Wiseman who may have gotten in the NCAA's ear and wanted them to rule him ineligible. Was North Carolina recruiting him?
            I see what you did there....the old Deputy dog has history with that type of action...

Comment

Holy carp (incorrect spelling intentional).

Hardaway is bringing a whole new dimension to the "dumb jock" concept. I thought that concept was being nullified by a lot of very intelligent comments from pro athletes lately.
              "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

there has to be rules

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                  Every time I see Wiseman running around on tv, I see a giant floating asterisk above his head.
                  I see a giant $.

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU View Post

WstateU,
                    You are one funny sumbatch!

That is all.
                    Above all, make the right call.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by ripemupshocks View Post

Artis was upfront with the NCAA throughout the eligibility process, which began in January 2019, about the financial assistance Hardaway provided. She said in April 2018 the family didn’t move to Memphis for Hardaway, but to be closer to Wiseman’s sister, who was attending Memphis at the time.

“We came here to support her,” Artis said. “James could go play basketball anywhere. That just so happened to be the situation.”

There are Good Samaritans and then there are GOOD Samaritans! Apparently Hardaway paid for some family to be closer to their sister/daughter while she was away at college. Wow. *snifff*

Comment

Was her daughter just a regular student at Memphis?

I don't know anyone who would move 3-4 hours drive away just to be closer to a regular college student. That's a lot of uprooting, job change, $$$.

There's a whole lotta lyin' goin' on.

I will say, regarding the Tennessee high school transfer rules, I can buy that he didn't feel the need to read them. Where he and the school screwed up is that the AD (and schools that size have one, I'm sure) didn't step in or at least file a petition to get him eligible first. That tells me the AD was in on trying to get Wiseman to East.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                            Was her daughter just a regular student at Memphis?

I don't know anyone who would move 3-4 hours drive away just to be closer to a regular college student. That's a lot of uprooting, job change, $$$.

There's a whole lotta lyin' goin' on.

I will say, regarding the Tennessee high school transfer rules, I can buy that he didn't feel the need to read them. Where he and the school screwed up is that the AD (and schools that size have one, I'm sure) didn't step in or at least file a petition to get him eligible first. That tells me the AD was in on trying to get Wiseman to East.
                            Apparenly there's a lot LESS $$$ when Hardaway covers the expense...

Comment

Originally posted by OregonShocker View Post

There are Good Samaritans and then there are GOOD Samaritans! Apparently Hardaway paid for some family to be closer to their sister/daughter while she was away at college. Wow. *snifff*
                              and he has no idea how Wiseman ended up on his AAU or HS team. He doesn't recruit kids. I guess he just got tired of having Wiseman follow him around and asked him if he knew how to play ball.

Comment

"In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

Working...
                                X