No announcement yet.

James Wiseman ineligible

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The fun topic today is that Memphis fans are convinced that they were "legally required" to play Wiseman on Friday. If they didn't he would be able to sue the school.

That's gonna open up Pandora's box when they starting allowing kids to sue schools over playing time....

Comment

Memphis fans are a whole different breed. They seriously rival KU fans in terms of idiocy and lunatics.
      Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
        The fun topic today is that Memphis fans are convinced that they were "legally required" to play Wiseman on Friday. If they didn't he would be able to sue the school.

That's gonna open up Pandora's box when they starting allowing kids to sue schools over playing time....
        By this logic, can all the other players sue the school and/or Wiseman when their wins are vacated and they are banned from the postseason?

Comment

I would like to hear the NCAA response to the reports that they cleared Wiseman in May, after learning of the moving expense issue.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
            Memphis fans are a whole different breed. They seriously rival KU fans in terms of idiocy and lunatics.
            Yeah, Memphis is starting to hit KU/Creighton territory with my hatred. No one else in the conference really pisses me off. I mean, ManBun was annoying, but since he is gone, I don't have any out-of-the-ordinary contempt for Houston. I'll root for anyone in this conference come Selection Sunday...except for Memphis.
            78-65

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post

Yeah, Memphis is starting to hit KU/Creighton territory with my hatred. No one else in the conference really pisses me off. I mean, ManBun was annoying, but since he is gone, I don't have any out-of-the-ordinary contempt for Houston. I'll root for anyone in this conference come Selection Sunday...except for Memphis.
              Some Memphis folks really think they are only half-a-step separated from Blue Blood status. They have a nice history - they beat our chops, but are still bested by several other programs in the conference, historically - but holy crap the narcosis some of them live in.

Creighton really has very little to hang their hat on, so they easily beat out Memphis or KU on the unfounded arrogance scale. If they get nailed in this FBI stuff it will be hilarious considering that cheating has netted them nothing, really. They are Rodney Dangerfield, but with his nose stuck in the air, drinking three buck chuck from a red solo cup with his pinkie stuck out.

Comment

Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post

Some Memphis folks really think they are only half-a-step separated from Blue Blood status. They have a nice history - they beat our chops, but are still bested by several other programs in the conference, historically - but holy crap the narcosis some of them live in.

Creighton really has very little to hang their hat on, so they easily beat out Memphis or KU on the unfounded arrogance scale. If they get nailed in this FBI stuff it will be hilarious considering that cheating has netted them nothing, really. They are Rodney Dangerfield, but with his nose stuck in the air, drinking three buck chuck from a red solo cup with his pinkie stuck out.
                Ummm. WuDrWu disagrees.

Doc, how would you compare Creighton delta-bravo status with KU jackwagon status?

Sit back and enjoy, folks. If Doc has time to expound upon this, it'll be comedic gold.
                78-65

Comment

Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post

Their quality of history really depends on if you are counting everything that got vacated or not. They have a lot of * in their history. Cheating is kinda in their blood.

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Their quality of history really depends on if you are counting everything that got vacated or not. They have a lot of * in their history. Cheating is kinda in their blood.
                    Yep. The recognized history of Memphis basketball is less impressive than WSU's.

Comment

I took the GRE not the LSAT so I will give deference to Shockernet’s esteemed members of the bar on the legal semantics. It sucks for the AAC and it certainly sucks for Memphis.

Go Shocks!
                      “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

Originally posted by ABC View Post
                        I would like to hear the NCAA response to the reports that they cleared Wiseman in May, after learning of the moving expense issue.
                        From an article written by Seth Davis for The Athletic, dated Nov. 8:

All of this started as standard procedure. Every year, the NCAA identifies a couple dozen of the top prospects and conducts conversations with the school to make sure everything is on the up and up. This is called a joint standard eligibility review. As the consensus No. 1 recruit in the country, Wiseman was naturally on the NCAA’s list for the current cycle, so the NCAA and Memphis started working together soon after Wiseman signed his letter of intent. That’s what led to the go-ahead in May.

Conveniently, the complaint filed by Wiseman’s lawyers never mentioned what happened between May and October that triggered the NCAA’s reversal. Clearly, the NCAA acquired new information. How and when did those details come to light? Are more troubling details going to be unearthed?

From an article written by John Martin for The Athletic (and quite laughable), dated Nov. 8:

Wiseman and his mother, Donzaleigh Artis, moved from Nashville to Memphis in August 2017. The five-star prospect enrolled at East High School, where Hardaway had been coaching since 2015. Wiseman was initially ruled ineligible by the Tennessee Secondary School Athletic Association due to violating state transfer rules, but he challenged the governing body and ultimately gained eligibility.

Artis was upfront with the NCAA throughout the eligibility process, which began in January 2019, about the financial assistance Hardaway provided. She said in April 2018 the family didn’t move to Memphis for Hardaway, but to be closer to Wiseman’s sister, who was attending Memphis at the time.

“We came here to support her,” Artis said. “James could go play basketball anywhere. That just so happened to be the situation.”

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

"Hank Iba decided he wouldn't play my team anymore. He told me that if he tried to get his team ready to play me, it would upset his team the rest of the season." Gene Johnson, WU Basketball coach, 1928-1933.

Comment

The mother's explanation sounds legit in terms of the NCAA's standards. He's cleared. By the way, watching them playing Oregon - they are going to win games simply from being athletically superior, not because they're well coached.

Comment

Every time I see Wiseman running around on tv, I see a giant floating asterisk above his head.
                            Deuces Valley.
                            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                              Every time I see Wiseman running around on tv, I see a giant floating asterisk above his head.
                              You gotta admit, it is way up there though. That dude is tall.

Comment

I have to wonder who else was recruiting Wiseman who may have gotten in the NCAA's ear and wanted them to rule him ineligible. Was North Carolina recruiting him?
                                The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                                We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Working...
                                X