No announcement yet.

James Wiseman ineligible

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amazing that our judicial system is now involved in this nonsense.
    "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

You hate to see it happen

Comment

Originally posted by WichitaStateGuy View Post
        You hate to see it happen
        roy williams, mike zkryzecki, bill self, tom izzo, and john calipari (champions classic) always act like they're supposed to rise above it all. nod, nod, wink, wink..

Comment

Sitting here watching Memphis vs UIC. I am certainly glad that we ended up with Grant Sherfield over Lomax or Harris.

Comment

Cheaters gon' cheat.

Comment

Originally posted by moshock View Post
              Sitting here watching Memphis vs UIC. I am certainly glad that we ended up with Grant Sherfield over Lomax or Harris.
              Could not agree more; GS is head and shoulders ahead of those two.

Comment

NCAA zzz saying they warned Memphis that they played Wiseman at their own risk as he is likely ineligible.
                Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

I don't know how all of the legal stuff works but can't a local judge sit on this until April and then if it comes down to it they can vacate the wins but still be national champs

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post

He’s a booster because he was a Memphis alum.
                    Actually I don't think that's why.... He donated 1 million to Memphis in 2008

Comment

The TSSAA (Tennessee Secondary School Athletic Association) questioned his eligibility to play for Penny at Memphis East. The article states he was found ineligible to play due to a previous "prior link" to Penny. Also, Ryan Boyce (Fr. 6-5 SF) also was found ineligible. Obviously they appealed the HS ruling and won because it was determined that the TSSAA "was not clear in its application" (a technicality) but this HAS to have been on the NCAA's radar for at least 2 years.
                      Two Memphis East basketball players have been ruled ineligible to start the season by the TSSAA. East is now coached by Penny Hardaway.
                      Last edited by Wooglin; November 8, 2019, 09:43 PM. Reason: for clarity

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Actually I don't think that's why.... He donated 1 million to Memphis in 2008
                        NCAA booster rules say if you participated as an athlete for a school, you are forever a booster of that school.

Comment

So we lose UCONN and Memphis will probably lose some scholrahips depending on the investigation I asume. Well time for Wichita St. to flex on the AAC next year or 3 treat it like the MVC.$$$

Comment

Feel bad for the kid was looking forward to seeing him play in Wichita this year...a good Memphis team is good for us even if they cheated the better teams are in our conference the better the chance of making the tournament and getting a good seed

Comment

If he was eligible to play for Penny in high school then I see no reason he would be ineligible for Memphis. The NCAA would have to prove that his assistance was to entice him to go to Memphis. He wasn't the coach of Memphis and at the time had no idea he would be considered for that job. He was just trying to stack his high school squad.
                              You miss 100% of the shots you don't take....

.....but, statistically speaking, you miss 99% of the shots you do take.

Comment

The issue seems pretty simple. Penny is an alum. Coach or not, it was no secret Penny wanted the job when they gave it to Tubby. Throw out the coach piece. If Charles Koch paid to move Wiseman and his family to come to Wichita and go to high school at Collegiate, and he happens to go to WSU, it's obviously against NCAA rules. No difference here.
                                Last edited by ArtVandalay; November 9, 2019, 09:32 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X