No announcement yet.

2019-20 Games of Interest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Losses automatically get deleted from UNI fans’ memories in one week.

They’ll firmly resume at large talk then, assuming they don’t lose again and then it’ll get delayed.
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Temple wins...but ya know...the American is holding back UGonn.

Comment

• I strongly believe Bill Walton loves nothing more than saying “The Conference of Champions”. Sadly for Bill, he’s living in the past and the PAC 12 is no champion.

Comment

• Originally posted by Maizerunner08 View Post
          I strongly believe Bill Walton loves nothing more than saying “The Conference of Champions”. Sadly for Bill, he’s living in the past and the PAC 12 is no champion.
          Walton doesn't care...just trying to be upbeat and entertaining. On the other hand, he probably did take quite a bit of acid back in the day which loosens up the mind a bit.

Comment

• Back in the day?

Comment

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
              Back in the day?
              made me laugh!
              That said, AS A PLAYER, I may have liked him almost as much as The Big O....

Comment

• BUBBLE WATCH RESULTS - 02/20/20
                Using the Bracket Matrix as the metric for seeds:

Good Losses:
                10-seed, USC
                11-seed, Northern Iowa

Good Wins:
                10-seed, Wichita State

Bad Wins:
                9-seed, Saint Mary's College
                10-seed, Arizona State
                12-seed, Liberty
                Within Bubble Range, Stanford

Bad Losses:
                None

Shockers get the win, pus a little help from fellow "Bubble Watch" teams.

Comment

• Originally posted by Maizerunner08 View Post
                  Ruh-Roh UNI down 17 to ISUB. Another loss won’t hurt their at-large right?
                  Quote from the MVC Board:
                  "We're overreacting.

This game was basically a pick em by all metrics and UNI only dropped one spot in KenPom. Still in better shape than Belmont was last year. The NET won't drop by more than one or two places. If UNI gets to Sunday, the conversation still exists.

I know we instantly go into 'mid-major' doom and gloom but this isn't the crushing loss that we internally make it.

Let's roll!"

Narrator: UNI didn't just drop 1 or 2 spots .. they dropped 8

UNIs resume:
                  Quadrants (1-1)(3-2)(10-2)(6-0)(2-0 Non D1)
                  Top 75 wins - 2 (12 Colorado, 62 S. Carolina)
                  Losses outside Top 75 - 4 (95 Loyola, 107 Indiana State, 146 S. Illinois, 212 Illinois State)

KenPom 44
                  BPI 64
                  Sagarin 64
                  KPI 49
                  SOR 43

Metric +NET average: 52

Entire resume is based on a single 3 point win back in the beginning of December.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                    Stickboys metric and NET information was right on.

However, I thought the South Carolina tidbit (ranking of 62) was an interesting NET to look at. At this time South Carolina has a 62. Do any of you remember the comments when we orchestrated a "BEAT DOWN" on South Carolina in the tournament by 20+ points? Many Shocker fans on Shockernet and the AAC message board were discounting that win as simply a "Easy Win" over a "Bad Team". I remember saying for people to "wait because even though South Carolina didn't look very impressive at the time, that there were a lot of games to be played and that the SEC had many good teams in their league and with some improvement, and nice wins within the SEC, the win might look good later on". While the SC win isn't a Q1 win, it is a very solid Q2 win, and not the disaster (or at least win against a bad team) they seemed to forecast. Lesson is any win against a good conference team (BIG, B12, ACC, Big East, etc.) can be a good win.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Quote from the MVC Board:
                      "We're overreacting.

This game was basically a pick em by all metrics and UNI only dropped one spot in KenPom. Still in better shape than Belmont was last year. The NET won't drop by more than one or two places. If UNI gets to Sunday, the conversation still exists.

I know we instantly go into 'mid-major' doom and gloom but this isn't the crushing loss that we internally make it.

Let's roll!"

Narrator: UNI didn't just drop 1 or 2 spots .. they dropped 8

UNIs resume:
                      Quadrants (1-1)(3-2)(10-2)(6-0)(2-0 Non D1)
                      Losses outside Top 75 - 4 (95 Loyola, 107 Indiana State, 146 S. Illinois, 212 Illinois State)

KenPom 44
                      BPI 64
                      Sagarin 64
                      KPI 49
                      SOR 43

Metric +NET average: 52

Entire resume is based on a single 3 point win back in the beginning of December.
                      BC Panther may be the most delusional poster in message board history. Does he honestly think UNI is getting in with losses to Indiana State, SIU, and LOL Illinois State? Illinois State went 17-1 in a stronger Valley in 2017 with their only loss to WSU and they still didn't make it. His comparison to everything Belmont is absolutely hilarious.

Only 2 Q1 games played on their entire schedule? And multiple Q3 losses? They're completely TOAST and he doesn't even know it because he's living in denial. If they don't win it all in St. Louis, put that guy on suicide watch on selection Sunday because he's gonna be sorely disappointed.
                      Deuces Valley.
                      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

Stickboys metric and NET information was right on.

However, I thought the South Carolina tidbit (ranking of 62) was an interesting NET to look at. At this time South Carolina has a 62. Do any of you remember the comments when we orchestrated a "BEAT DOWN" on South Carolina in the tournament by 20+ points? Many Shocker fans on Shockernet and the AAC message board were discounting that win as simply a "Easy Win" over a "Bad Team". I remember saying for people to "wait because even though South Carolina didn't look very impressive at the time, that there were a lot of games to be played and that the SEC had many good teams in their league and with some improvement, and nice wins within the SEC, the win might look good later on". While the SC win isn't a Q1 win, it is a very solid Q2 win, and not the disaster (or at least win against a bad team) they seemed to forecast. Lesson is any win against a good conference team (BIG, B12, ACC, Big East, etc.) can be a good win.
                        They still have multiple chances at good wins too, so they very well could end up Q1 especially if they win a few in the SEC tournament. Either way .. a Neutral court 23 point Q2 win over a P5 team in contention for a bid can't hurt.

Comment

• Enjoyed watching BOTH the Hurley boys coach last night...those cats are wound tight!

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

BC Panther may be the most delusional poster in message board history. Does he honestly think UNI is getting in with losses to Indiana State, SIU, and LOL Illinois State? Illinois State went 17-1 in a stronger Valley in 2017 with their only loss to WSU and they still didn't make it. His comparison to everything Belmont is absolutely hilarious.

Only 2 Q1 games played on their entire schedule? And multiple Q3 losses? They're completely TOAST and he doesn't even know it because he's living in denial. If they don't win it all in St. Louis, put that guy on suicide watch on selection Sunday because he's gonna be sorely disappointed.
                            I've watched a lot of college basketball this year, more than in any (2) years combined. They have been slowly preparing the viewing audience for what is going to transpire on Selection Sunday ALL YEAR. Yes, delusional fans have missed the comments, and maybe dismissed them because those people aren't on the selection committee. However, the final selection process is actually quite subjective and not actually held accountable by any rules outside of AUTO QUALIFIERS. If CBS wants a North Carolina in it, they'll find a way to make it happen at the expense of "uncool kids" in the school. Yes, that would be UNI.

Comment

• Originally posted by JVShocker(1) View Post

I've watched a lot of college basketball this year, more than in any (2) years combined. They have been slowly preparing the viewing audience for what is going to transpire on Selection Sunday ALL YEAR. Yes, delusional fans have missed the comments, and maybe dismissed them because those people aren't on the selection committee. However, the final selection process is actually quite subjective and not actually held accountable by any rules outside of AUTO QUALIFIERS. If CBS wants a North Carolina in it, they'll find a way to make it happen at the expense of "uncool kids" in the school. Yes, that would be UNI.

It's convenient to think that CBS determines the seeding and the selection since we have been on the bad side of seeding (thankfully, not selection yet), but they don't. At all. The university presidents on the selection committee are the ones who determine it, and I would argue that their ineptitude, not their malevolence, leads to the seeding and selection issues we have seen in the tournament.

This is also yet another reason why the Wins Above Bubble metric is vastly superior to the NET, RPI, or any other extremely subjective selection method out there.
                              "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• BUBBLE WATCH ACTION - 02/21/20
                                Using the Bracket Matrix as the metric for seeds: https://www.bracketmatrix.com/

I include only Seeds 9 thru 12 seeds, plus the first ten out as Bubble Watch teams.

VCU at Saint Louis - I’m rooting for VCU
                                Yale at Cornell - I’m rooting for Cornell

Comment

Working...
                                X