No announcement yet.

2019-20 Games of Interest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Couple bad AAC losses tonight by teams that were being talked about as possible bubble teams

Comment

• Really a pretty terrible start for the league. Doesn't help that Houston has barely gotten started and WSU's schedule starts slow.

​​​ECU still looks bad. USF has been worse than they should be if they were going to be all that with Yetna. UConn? Hmm.

Comment

• What was going on with Will Wade's shirt tonight? He looked like he lost 80 lbs and hadn't bought a new shirt. His money for buying players must come out of the same budget for buying tailored shirts.

Comment

• Originally posted by IndianaShocker View Post

at VCU
          You’re right. I read wrong.
          "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

• Charleston hosting OSU and looking pretty good this far. Super quick and fast PG who is fun to watch. Earl Grant has them going pretty well. I know rooting for OSU is better for our noncon schedule, but screw that.

Comment

• Kiir for USF has left the team per Jon Rothstein. Not sure if he played tonight or not.

However, between he and Yetna, that is a lot of size lost this year. South Florida still can't shoot, and if they can't rebound either, this could be a long year for them.

UConn's guards were not very good. I'm not really impressed by Vital or Gilbert (this or last year); both are the kind of guy that could just as easily blow up your offense with stupid shots and turnovers as take over a game.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Pickle View Post
                Kiir for USF has left the team per Jon Rothstein. Not sure if he played tonight or not.

However, between he and Yetna, that is a lot of size lost this year. South Florida still can't shoot, and if they can't rebound either, this could be a long year for them.

UConn's guards were not very good. I'm not really impressed by Vital or Gilbert (this or last year); both are the kind of guy that could just as easily blow up your offense with stupid shots and turnovers as take over a game.
                Kiir has not played in their 3 games.

What USF has left on the front line has either been ineffective and/or not playing much. It looks like they have gone "small". 50% of their minutes have gone to players 6'3" or less.

Comment

• Just was able to watch the last 5 minutes of Florida and Towson. Florida is way overrated. Towson should of won but their coach did not have the b@lls to sit down Forbes number 23 on their team. He is one selfish sonabit@h. He shot the last 4 shots all 35ft jump shots from the basket. I am not kidding. Thats the best shot they could get? WTF

I love basketball but I just cannot stand to watch selfish players. The thing I loved about Evansville''s win against Kentucky was how those guys passed the ball around until they found the open shooter. And then they knocked the shot down. Can't stand selfish players and clowns like the kid from Menphis that wants to draw attention to himself by wearing a diaper on the court. Respect the Game. Go Shocks.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheShocktocles View Post
                    Just was able to watch the last 5 minutes of Florida and Towson. Florida is way overrated. Towson should of won but their coach did not have the b@lls to sit down Forbes number 23 on their team. He is one selfish sonabit@h. He shot the last 4 shots all 35ft jump shots from the basket. I am not kidding. Thats the best shot they could get? WTF

I love basketball but I just cannot stand to watch selfish players. The thing I loved about Evansville''s win against Kentucky was how those guys passed the ball around until they found the open shooter. And then they knocked the shot down. Can't stand selfish players and clowns like the kid from Menphis that wants to draw attention to himself by wearing a diaper on the court. Respect the Game. Go Shocks.
                    Common man, the guys a ‘diaper dandy’...
                    "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Cumberland in the doghouse at Cincy. Didn’t even play tonite

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
                        Cumberland in the doghouse at Cincy. Didn’t even play tonite
                        Aren’t there two of them now?
                        Once a Shocker, Always a Shocker-- RIP Guy Alang-Ntang

Shocker Basketball=Life

Comment

• Originally posted by DJShocker10 View Post

Aren’t there two of them now?
                          The AAC player of the year Cumberland

Comment

• Wow... really??? That could change things up in the league

Comment

• Originally posted by molly jabali View Post
                              Wow... really??? That could change things up in the league
                              I'd be surprised if it is a long-term thing. From the sound of the post game comments, I think it is mostly about a new coach establishing his expectations and making it clear that an established player does, in fact, have to follow his rules and approach. I guess Cumberland could react badly and it could become a bigger deal, but I'm not expecting it to.
                              "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

This is spot on. He was not a good fit for a Gregg Marshall led team.
                                Way too slow.

He's going to get utterly abused in the B12 on defense. People will dribble past him and not even look his way.

T

Comment

Working...
                                X