2019-20 Games of Interest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JVShocker(1) View Post
    I think Evansville stopped at WalMart on the way home to get a dry shirt, pants, underwear, socks, maybe a new pair of shoes for Coach just to get him home. He was SOAKING WET in the locker room post game.
    i would've been too. for a first year coach to get the w at kentucky is legit as hell. those can go a long ways toward a better gig or $. time will tell but his guys executed close to precision.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

I’m not sure we should be making fun of anybody’s shooting percentages.
      Definitely not a guy who shot like...45%? in his Shocker career.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

I’m not sure we should be making fun of anybody’s shooting percentages.
        No kidding....we have more than a few that haven't been north of 30 for some time.

Comment

• We could have used Austin last year a LOT! And if he was on this year's team, he would be a leader and be the guy we all hoped he would be when he signed.

I was so hoping to see him as senior doing great things. I think his potential at WSU would have been much more exploited than at OU, where he will be fine just chucking 3s and shooting. At WSU, I think he would have been so much more.
          "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post

If that's really your opinion, then I'm very thankful you are not part of our coaching staff.
            That is my opinion based on watching him play. Are you saying you would rather have Austin than Dex?

Btw, I am glad I am not part of the coaching staff too.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
              We could have used Austin last year a LOT! And if he was on this year's team, he would be a leader and be the guy we all hoped he would be when he signed.

I was so hoping to see him as senior doing great things. I think his potential at WSU would have been much more exploited than at OU, where he will be fine just chucking 3s and shooting. At WSU, I think he would have been so much more.
              He was a me first guy here and turned his back and ran when the going got tough.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker1976 View Post

I was not going to comment further regards Austin; however, given what appears to me to be uniformed posts by some Shockernetters,note Austin's numbers include two games against D! schools Oregon State and Minnesota. Additionally, Lonnie Kruger appears to appreciate Austin as he leads the team in minutes played.
                PLAYER GP MIN FG% 3PT% FT% OREB DREB REB AST T0 PF STL BLK PTS
                REEVES 3 36.7 0.415 0.333 0.714 0.0 4.3 4.3 2.3 2.7 1.0 0.7 0.0 17.0
                DD 2 37.0 0.478 0.500 0.70 1.5 6.5 8.0 1.0 1.0 1.5 0.5 1.5 18.0
                ES 2 26.0 0.296 0.10 0.818 0.5 3.5 4.0 1.5 0.5 2.5 1.0 1.0 13.0
                JB 1 5 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 1.0 1.0 1.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0
                GS 2 31.5 0.333 0.0 0.785 0.0 2.0 2.0 3.0 1.5 1.5 2.0 0.0 12.5
                TE 2 16.5 0.230 0.300 0.500 0.0 1.0 1.0 1.5 1.0 0.5 2.0 0.0 5.0
                Edit - Apologies for the collapsed Table, I don't know why this happened. My take away is that AR is likely to light-up the Shockers this season.
                We shall see. I am confident we have the defenders to keep him in check.

Comment

• Originally posted by molly jabali View Post
                  Not normally a fan of Calipari but he owned it that the Aces played better and were better prepared...

Did you kind of get the feeling that it didn't bother him much at all to lose? Not that Cal was upbeat about it, but he seemed resigned to the fact that they were going to lose long before the final buzzer, and I'd bet dollars to donuts that deep down he didn't want that tying 3 to go in. I think he believed they'd get more out of losing that game than winning it (at least towards the end).

IDK Just what was going through my mind.

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

He was a me first guy here and turned his back and ran when the going got tough.
                    This is absolute BS. He was in so much pain from his shoulder for two seasons that he often had to resort to sleeping in a recliner at night. Very few guys have been as good of a teammate during their time at WSU as Austin.
                    "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

Did you kind of get the feeling that it didn't bother him much at all to lose? Not that Cal was upbeat about it, but he seemed resigned to the fact that they were going to lose long before the final buzzer, and I'd bet dollars to donuts that deep down he didn't want that tying 3 to go in. I think he believed they'd get more out of losing that game than winning it (at least towards the end).

Yeah, it looked like that to me as well. I want to be a Cal Hater but he usually tips his cap to the team that takes him down. He knows that this loss will provide more in teachable moments than it will cost in seeding or recruiting. Great place to be.
                      One quick note before we present the rankings: With Wichita State’s move to the American Athletic Conference, the Shockers have moved out of the mid-major club. We wish the Shockers well against Cincinnati, UConn, SMU, and more.

Comment

• OU's offense suits Austin better, and I think he knew that before he transferred.

He needed a little bit less -ahem- structured offense.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post

This is absolute BS. He was in so much pain from his shoulder for two seasons that he often had to resort to sleeping in a recliner at night. Very few guys have been as good of a teammate during their time at WSU as Austin.
                          That's not my recollection. He definitely had some injury issues, which I am not denying. But he couldn't wait to get out of here. I know that for a fact.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post
                            OU's offense suits Austin better, and I think he knew that before he transferred.

He needed a little bit less -ahem- structured offense.
                            This is spot on. He was not a good fit for a Gregg Marshall led team.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

Easy to act like this when wins/losses don't actually matter to your teams' aspirations. Some might call it a positive personality trait. I would call it a byproduct of a very broken system.

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

This is spot on. He was not a good fit for a Gregg Marshall led team.
                                I couldn’t disagree more. That dude put his body on the line all the time in the two years he was here despite the shoulder injuries. To the point that I recall Marshall making comments that he worried about Austin’s health with the way he threw his body around.

Despite his physical limitations (strength wise) he was a willing defender.

He was a high IQ player who generally took care of the ball, made smart decisions, and would make a pass.

He could shoot the **** out of the ball.

Which one of those things doesn’t fit on Marshall team?

Comment

Working...
                                X