No announcement yet.

Tyson Etienne

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I wish him the best. He was a great representative of our university and basketball program. Things did not work out and Tyson may have felt pigeon-holed into his role a bit as “the guy,” but he seems like a good guy who tried too hard to make things happen. If he would have had a little more help around him offensively (and by no means should we ignore his shortcomings), things might have been different this season.

Good luck, young man.
    "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post

https://twitter.com/ATLHawks/status/...58GuMGv3A&s=19
        Good for Tyson. I know there are a few on here who piled on Tyson. I never blamed Tyson last year. I always felt that Isaac Brown let him down by not coaching him like Tyson deserved. I think GM would have done better by both Tyson and WSU.

Comment

• IB was doing what he thought he had to do, which was help TE get to the NBA. We all know how that turned out but I would bet none of could have guessed what a disaster it would have been trying to turn him into a PG with last years roster.

Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post

https://twitter.com/ATLHawks/status/...58GuMGv3A&s=19
            Sweet! Congrats Mr. Etienne!!

Coach Pierre is gonna cash that in for recruiting gold, bay bay!!
            Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Good for TE. Wish him all the best.

Comment

• I am very happy for Tyson. He is an outstanding young man and forever a Shocker!!!
                Go Shocks!

Comment

• I didn't particularly liked TE's bombs from beyond the arches for 3s. He even seemed lost at time on the court. Not knowing who to blame. But there's one thing we can all agree on, and that's TE stayed on with the Team during the Mass Exodus. By him staying on it kept the whole thing from crumbling down when HCGM got the boot. So Congratulations TE. Make us proud.

Comment

• So what does that mean? He got a guaranteed camp invite?

Comment

• Originally posted by BostonWu View Post
                      So what does that mean? He got a guaranteed camp invite?
                      He signed an exhibit 10 contract.

Etienne will have a chance to compete at the Hawks’ training camp next month, as he looks to prove himself further.

An Exhibit 10 contract is a one-year, minimum-salary NBA contract with minimum guarantees ranging from $5,000 to $50,000. It gives the Hawks flexibility in terms of how they could sign Etienne to the team.

The Hawks could waive Etienne and assign him to the Skyhawks of the NBA G League. Should they come away from training camp impressed with Etienne, he could earn a two-way contract if they convert one of the players on a two-way contract to a standard deal.

Comment

• Wishing Etienne much success whether it be in the NBA or Overseas.

He deserves it. At a time when others were bailing, he stayed , which says a lot.

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

He signed an exhibit 10 contract.
                          I believe that was signed before summer ball. This signing might be different.

Comment

• Originally posted by mattdalt View Post

I believe that was signed before summer ball. This signing might be different.
                            The article I saw was from Monday and said he signed an Exhibit 10.

The Hawks have signed undrafted Wichita State guard Tyson Etienne, the team announced in a press release. While terms weren’t revealed, ESPN’s Dave McMenamin reported back in June that it’s an Exhibit 10 training camp contract.

The Hawks have signed undrafted Wichita State guard Tyson Etienne , the team announced in a press release.

While terms weren’t revealed, ESPN’s Dave McMenamin reported back in June that it’s an Exhibit 10 training camp contract.

Comment

• Tyson has been waived by Atlanta.

On Sunday afternoon, the Atlanta Hawks announced that the team had requested waivers on four players. The players are Armoni Brooks, Malik Ellison, Tyson Etienne, and forward Chris Silva.

While it is never pleasant to see players get waived, this was not a surprising development. All four of the players faced almost impossible odds of making the Hawks final regular season roster.

Comment

• Awww
                                Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Working...
                                X