Tyson Etienne

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Onegreatracer View Post

I was away from Shockernet for a while in the 17-19 years - what happened to Trop? Hoping he's alright.
    He passed away a couple years ago. I think others on here had some more detailed info. He was one of the all time best on SN. Missed.

Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post

He passed away a couple years ago. I think others on here had some more detailed info. He was one of the all time best on SN. Missed.
      That's awful to hear. Truly a special Shocker fan and I have no doubt a tremendous person as well.
      Brummett throws, STRUCK HIM OUT! THE SHOCKERS ARE NATIONAL CHAMPIONS! AN UNBELIEVABLE STORY!

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

I just had a tiny part of my brain just go "pfft". Can anyone give me a 1960, 6th grade level, meaning of what I just read.
        smoke and mirrors

Comment

• I like pieces of paper with dead Presidents’ portraits. Will even include non-President Benjamin Franklin to show how accommodating I am.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker Mama View Post
            I like pieces of paper with dead Presidents’ portraits. Will even include non-President Benjamin Franklin to show how accommodating I am.
            Biden giving Obama a run for for the right to be on the food stamp.
            People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
              Essentially it is a trademark for an online digital asset. It makes something one of a kind and non-transferrable. It uses the same programming language and blockchain as crypto. Except NFT is non-transferrable and cannot be traded like crypto currency can.

I prefer this explanation better from Canadian Julie Nolke.

“Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

• Originally posted by DUShock View Post

Thanks for confirming my knowledge of an NFT. I had it nailed.

Comment

• It’s nothing. If people wanna spend their money on digital art, we truly are a spoiled country.

Comment

I’m still funging confused…
                    "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• I'll be like Warren Buffett. If I can't understand in 10 minutes it's not for me.

Comment

• An artist records some music in an audio file, and wants to sell it to people.

You search Amazon and see the music you want, buy it, and then it's emailed to you.

Some problems could occur for both you and for the artist:

1) You don't know that you got a legit copy of the music -- maybe it's a crappy bootleg recording of it from someone acting like the original artist?

2) Technically, what stops me from taking that raw music file and selling unlimited copies to other people, or sharing it with my friends?

3) What if I don't want the music anymore? Shouldn't I be able to sell it like I can a CD-ROM?

NFT promises to solve those problems by encrypting the raw audio file so that:

1) You can easily buy the file directly from the artist and it's known to the world you own it (blockchain)

2) You can verify that this music was made by the original artist (digital signatures)

3) If you sell it to your friend, you don't own it anymore and they do (blockchain)

But there are problems ...

Today, you have to decrypt the file in order to listen to it. Once you have it in decrypted format, you are right back to problem #2 above. I can listen to it and share it and sell it (maybe illegally, but I'm a Chinese hacker that doesn't care about U.S. laws) to as many people as I want.

In order to listen to the music, at some point it HAS to be decrypted. And once it's decrypted, someone can make copies of it at will and do what they want with it.

The idea of NFT isn't a scam, but with today's algorithms it makes promises that can't fully be kept.

If you buy the original Mona Lisa, only you have it. Only the people you want to see it, can see it. It's yours.

Do you want to invest in a _copy_ of a digital painting that nearly anyone can freely view and have, you have no control over that, but you can claim ownership of that single copy of it?

That's the decision point you are faced with when buying an NFT.
                        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                          An artist records some music in an audio file, and wants to sell it to people.

You search Amazon and see the music you want, buy it, and then it's emailed to you.

Some problems could occur for both you and for the artist:

1) You don't know that you got a legit copy of the music -- maybe it's a crappy bootleg recording of it from someone acting like the original artist?

2) Technically, what stops me from taking that raw music file and selling unlimited copies to other people, or sharing it with my friends?

3) What if I don't want the music anymore? Shouldn't I be able to sell it like I can a CD-ROM?

NFT promises to solve those problems by encrypting the raw audio file so that:

1) You can easily buy the file directly from the artist and it's known to the world you own it (blockchain)

2) You can verify that this music was made by the original artist (digital signatures)

3) If you sell it to your friend, you don't own it anymore and they do (blockchain)

But there are problems ...

Today, you have to decrypt the file in order to listen to it. Once you have it in decrypted format, you are right back to problem #2 above. I can listen to it and share it and sell it (maybe illegally, but I'm a Chinese hacker that doesn't care about U.S. laws) to as many people as I want.

In order to listen to the music, at some point it HAS to be decrypted. And once it's decrypted, someone can make copies of it at will and do what they want with it.

The idea of NFT isn't a scam, but with today's algorithms it makes promises that can't fully be kept.

If you buy the original Mona Lisa, only you have it. Only the people you want to see it, can see it. It's yours.

Do you want to invest in a _copy_ of a digital painting that nearly anyone can freely view and have, you have no control over that, but you can claim ownership of that single copy of it?

That's the decision point you are faced with when buying an NFT.
                          Funge yea!

Makes a little more funging sense.

I’m still funging dense.

Funge it!

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Tyson had a good game yesterday. His shots were within the offense and on balance, except for a bad offensive play or two, end of shot desperation which often is because of other players.

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post

Funge yea!

Makes a little more funging sense.

I’m still funging dense.

Funge it!
                              Blockchain!

But seriously I kinda, sorta, maybe get it. But I don’t know because I can’t fathom spending money on such a thing.
                              “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

Blockchain!

But seriously I kinda, sorta, maybe get it. But I don’t know because I can’t fathom spending money on such a thing.
                                It would appear the NFT bucket has a whole in it.

Comment

Working...
                                X