No announcement yet.

2019-20 Nominations: "Cone of Shame"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As Stickboy46 pointed out yesterday, the Loyola Ramblers got drilled by the DII Indianapolis Greyhounds 60-65. For the second straight season, the UIndy men's basketball team kicked off its exhibition slate with a win over an NCAA Division I program from the Missouri Valley Conference (MVC). Last year they beat Valparaiso 60-57

When you lose to a DII program, that will get you a nomination to the "Cone-of-Shame" each and every time.

And in other news, it's still windy in Chicago.

Comment

c'mon porter.. you only gotta win by 1.

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock Reaper View Post
        As Stickboy46 pointed out yesterday, the Loyola Ramblers got drilled by the DII Indianapolis Greyhounds 60-65. For the second straight season, the UIndy men's basketball team kicked off its exhibition slate with a win over an NCAA Division I program from the Missouri Valley Conference (MVC). Last year they beat Valparaiso 60-57

When you lose to a DII program, that will get you a nomination to the "Cone-of-Shame" each and every time.

And in other news, it's still windy in Chicago.
        "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Another nominee, "The" Missouri State Bears of Springfield, Missouri in the Missouri Valley Conference (MVC) whiffed last night and lost in their season opening game at home when Little Rock hit the game-winning shot with 2.3 seconds remaining, propelling the Trojans to a 67-66 win at JQH Arena in front of 5,002 fans (capacity of 11,000). Missouri State was picked first in the MVC this season, while Little Rock had a consensus of being 12th among all 12 teams.

Let the corks fly Missouri State.

Comment

Really bad loss, but they’ll be a lot better when they get 6-8, 250lb GaIge Prim back later this year. First team NJCAA and the leading scorer and rebounder on Trey Wade’s team, which is pretty amazing now that I’ve seen Trey. That will allow West and Da Silva to play their normal positions. Still MVC favorites in my book.

Feels weird to defend SWOMO, but I just don’t have any animus toward them anymore. I follow the MVC now like I followed my high school team after going to college: mildly interested, but not engaged.
            Last edited by Wuzee; November 6, 2019, 05:50 PM.
            “The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

#1 Kentucky loses to Evansville who was A 24.5-POINT UNDERDOG

"The loss marked Kentucky's first defeat to a team outside the Power 5 conferences at Rupp Arena in the John Calipari era and UK's first home loss to a team outside the Power 5 since a season-opening defeat by VMI on Nov. 14, 2008. "

https://www.courier-journal.com/stor...na/2562066001/

To the top of the Nomination List!!!

*meant to post this last week.

Comment

Kennesaw State women's basketball star Kamiyah Street charged with murder - CBS Sports

by Pete Blackburn
                Posted: 11/15/19, aa:00am cst

I
                Think
                We
                Have
                A
                Winner!!!

"Kennesaw State star point guard Kamiyah Street has been charged with multiple counts of murder, according to the Atlanta Journal Constitution. Street was arrested in Atlanta on Nov. 21 in connection with the July shooting death of 21-year-old Nashiem Hubbard-Etienne. The 20-year-old Street faces eight counts -- including murder, three counts of felony murder, criminal attempt to commit armed robbery, two counts of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon and possession of a firearm during the commission of a felony...."

Comment

Didn’t Kentucky lose a home game to like Robert Morris in the NIT a few years back?

Comment

Originally posted by pie n eye View Post
                    Didn’t Kentucky lose a home game to like Robert Morris in the NIT a few years back?
                    2012-13, they went 21-12 to get a 1 seed in the NIT. They were supposed to host the 1st round, but the first two rounds of the NCAAs were at Rupp, so they played at Robert Morris and lost 59-57.

Comment

Kennesaw State women's basketball star Kamiyah Street charged with murder - CBS Sports

by Pete Blackburn

I
                      Think
                      We
                      Have
                      A
                      Winner!!!

"Kennesaw State star point guard Kamiyah Street has been charged with multiple counts of murder, according to the Atlanta Journal Constitution. Street was arrested in Atlanta on Nov. 21 in connection with the July shooting death of 21-year-old Nashiem Hubbard-Etienne. The 20-year-old Street faces eight counts -- including murder, three counts of felony murder, criminal attempt to commit armed robbery, two counts of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon and possession of a firearm during the commission of a felony...."

Wow! That puts a whole new twist on the term shooting guard.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

Well played!

Comment

Comment

by Pete Blackburn

I
                            Think
                            We
                            Have
                            A
                            Winner!!!

Rare female killer
                            Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

I think you mean she just became a combo guard.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X