2019-20 Nominations: "Cone of Shame"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

I think you mean she just became a combo guard.
    She is averaging 21 points a game so far this year. So she clearly likes to shoot.

Comment

definitely A shoot first pass later kind of guard

Comment

This thread has become morbidly hilarious
        "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

I'd call it a flagrant 3 foul.

Comment

If she identifies as a man …….. she/he would fit right in with Dirty Dan and the Jailbirds

Comment

I mean... they say you miss 100% of the shots you don't take.

Comment

I'm neither judging nor calling out anyone because I like a good joke as much as the next guy, but a man is dead, and may not have been the intended target, and 5 young (and seemingly very horrible and stupid) people are looking at 50-70 years in jail. I fail to find a lot of humor in that. It's disgusting that people (the shooters, NOT Shockernetters) devalue life so much.

There are so many out there that would give anything to just live. :(

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                  I'm neither judging nor calling out anyone because I like a good joke as much as the next guy, but a man is dead, and may not have been the intended target, and 5 young (and seemingly very horrible and stupid) people are looking at 50-70 years in jail. I fail to find a lot of humor in that. It's disgusting that people (the shooters, NOT Shockernetters) devalue life so much.

There are so many out there that would give anything to just live. :(
                  Certainly a valid observation Doc.

Comment

Some updated information on the Kamiyah Street case.

The shooting took place on July 16, over 4 months ago. A total of 5 persons have been charged. Street and 4 males. 3 of the male co-defendants have been in jail for months. 1 of the males is still at large. The 5 were indicted on October 22nd but Street was not arrested until this past Thursday for some reason.

The victim’s mother, told Channel 2 Action News her son was likely not the intended target. Nashiem Hubbard-Etienne moved to Atlanta to be with his father and pursue a degree at Georgia State University, she said. He had dreams of becoming an entrepreneur. “My son was not who they were after, but like most situations, the innocent one always catches the bullet."

https://www.ajc.com/news/crime--law/local-update-more-suspects-charged-with-murder-along-with-ksu-point-guard/6n2YQ7QBXhccdwBzHlB9PO/

The timeline is kind of strange. Perhaps some late evidence surfaced that implicated Street. But if she was indicted on October 22nd it seems strange that she was not arrested until a month thereafter. It's not like she was hiding out and she ended up turning herself in.

Last edited by Kung Wu; November 26, 2019, 01:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock Reaper View Post
                      Kennesaw State women's basketball star Kamiyah Street charged with murder - CBS Sports

by Pete Blackburn
                      Posted: 11/15/19, aa:00am cst

I
                      Think
                      We
                      Have
                      A
                      Winner!!!

"Kennesaw State star point guard Kamiyah Street has been charged with multiple counts of murder, according to the Atlanta Journal Constitution. Street was arrested in Atlanta on Nov. 21 in connection with the July shooting death of 21-year-old Nashiem Hubbard-Etienne. The 20-year-old Street faces eight counts -- including murder, three counts of felony murder, criminal attempt to commit armed robbery, two counts of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon and possession of a firearm during the commission of a felony...."

rest in piss....

Comment

I didn't realize you could face three counts of felony murder, for murdering one person? How does that work?
                        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                          I didn't realize you could face three counts of felony murder, for murdering one person? How does that work?
                          Perhaps one of our legal guys will chime in but I think she has been charged with 1 count of murder and 3 counts of felony murder. Felony murder is when you commit a certain kind of inherently dangerous felony and someone is killed as a result of that. So I assume there were three other felony charges involved that became felony murder charges with the victims death.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                            Perhaps one of our legal guys will chime in but I think she has been charged with 1 count of murder and 3 counts of felony murder. Felony murder is when you commit a certain kind of felony and a someone is killed as a result of that. So I assume there were three other felony charges involved that became felony murder charges with the victims death.
                            Oh, weird.

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

Oh, weird.
                              Yeah, I had the same question when I first read that. Googled felony murder to edumacate myself a bit on that.

Felony murder is a legal rule that expands the definition of murder. Learn more about the definition of felony murder, as well as the laws and penatlues.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

Yeah, I had the same question when I first read that. Googled felony murder to edumacate myself a bit on that.

https://www.criminaldefenselawyer.co...ony-murder.htm
                                I love the example.

It reads as, "Three people agree to burglarize a home; Al and Bill go inside while Carl acts as lookout."

I really thought it was going to go like, "Three people agree to burglarize a home; Al and Bill go inside while Carl attends class at Illinois State."

Comment

Working...
                                X