AAC Tournament in Ft. Worth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
    What if we lose to Tulsa, Houston beats Memphis and Ugone and SMU both win?

4 way tie for 4. Both us and SMU would be 3-1 against that group of 4. We win the tiebreaker right?

UH and Cincy on the other half of the draw. We’d get SMU Tulane winner in the quarters and Tulsa v 89 winner, some combo of Temple, USF UCF & ECU.

UH Cincy Memphis Ugone all on the other half.

Amirite?
    Math checks out

Comment

4 way tie for 4. Both us and SMU would be 3-1 against that group of 4. We win the tiebreaker right?

UH and Cincy on the other half of the draw. We’d get SMU Tulane winner in the quarters and Tulsa v 89 winner, some combo of Temple, USF UCF & ECU.

Amirite?
      American Athletic Conference Men's Basketball Tournament Seeding and Tiebreakers

If that bracket page is right, the ONLY scenarios we don't get the 4 seed are:
      • Memphis beats Houston @Houston - Unlikely
      • Memphis loses to Houston, We lose to Tulsa, USF beats SMU, Tulane beats Uconn.
      Every other scenario I've tried has us in the 4. With a first round bye playing potentially Cincy/Tulsa in the 3rd round. Only get Houston if Cincy loses to Temple and we beat Tulsa

Comment

Amirite?

Actually, it would kill the out large chances, but greatly increase the auto bid chances.

All 4 teams that have always caused us issues (UH, Cinci, Memphis, Temple) and a hot Uconn team all on the other side?

That is a gamble I'd probably take after watching this past month.
        The Assman

Comment

Amirite?
          If we lose to Tulsa at home to end the year after the **** they pulled out of their asses last time and the trailer trash storm court that ensued, then we don't even deserve the NIT as far as I'm concerned.
          Deuces Valley.
          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

That’s great and all but the question was who is gonna win the conference tournament, not the regular season. Thanks to unbalanced scheduling, Tulsa has had the fortune of fattening up on a lot of extra wins.

Its laughable that somebody thinks that Tulsa (FIFY) is going through Houston, Cincinnati, and/or WSU in 3 days. Nope.
            With his crybaby attitude, Hurley and UConn could surprise. Probably Cincy or Houston though.

Just when Tulsa thinks they're gonna get it......

Comment

Amirite?
              Dunno if you’re right but I want no part of a scenario where we lose to Tulsa. My poor old soul can’t handle another loss at the roundhouse.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerDropOut View Post
                Tulsa is not going to beat WSU in the final game of the season or the conference tournament. They got severely lucky to beat us at their place. Congrats to them. It won't happen again.
                Absolutely true with the aid of that running with the ball for two steps shot travel that wasn’t called.

Comment

Comment

First game we get the winner of Tulane/Memphis. Win that and the next round would almost certainly be Cincy. I don't think either of the two Florida schools can beat Memphis
                    The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                      First game we get the winner of Tulane/Memphis. Win that and the next round would almost certainly be Cincy. I don't think either of the two Florida schools can beat Memphis
                      We get the winner of Tulane and UConn

Comment

Provided that we beat the winner of Tulane and UGone, and we get Cincy, do you think our entire chance of an at large comes down to beating Cincy? Lose for a third time, no way we get in before Cincy, right?

Comment

Correct

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock Reaper View Post
                            https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...ce-tournaments

Who will earn the automatic bid in each conference?

ESPN.com's team of college basketball experts issued their picks

AMERICAN
                            MEDCALF - Houston
                            BORZELLO - Houston
                            GASAWAY - Houston
                            SCHULTZ - Tulsa
                            Tulsa is not winning. Sheesh

Comment

I actually like our side of the bracket. With this team and how inconsistent we are I will never be 100% confident. But I think we match up well with anyone on our side. Cincy will always be tough, but they dont scare me by any means
                              "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

I might eat these words but I think we got the easier side of the bracket

Comment

Working...
                                X