AAC Tournament in Ft. Worth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Woodrow View Post
    I hope it's not like the MVC and the teams with no fan support get the center sections.
    That wouldn't make sense in Texas. If they have as much problems selling tickets as the Big XII did in their Texas experiment, they will want all the butts in seats that appear on TV.

Comment

Originally posted by Woodrow View Post
      Just got seats for the AAC tournament through ticket office. Section 105. We have similar seat layout for WSU like we did in St Louis. The ticket guy didn't know where other teams allotments were. I hope it's not like the MVC and the teams with no fan support get the center sections.
      What is the ticket price on Sec. 105? I would guess that it is an All Session ticket.

Comment

Originally posted by Shockm View Post

What is the ticket price on Sec. 105? I would guess that it is an All Session ticket.
        Yeah all session, I think it was $325 per seat. I'm guessing there will be cheaper available in other school sections but didn't want to chance it.
        I won't tolerate rude behavior

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

If they catch you with someone's scalp (or their cattle) they hang you from the nearest tree.
          Best to do a hangin' offense in South Texas. You would have to travel several hundred miles to find a tree tall enough to hang anyone of normal proportions.

Comment

Here is a little bit of price comparison or the AAC Tournament:

Houston - 1 All Session Ticket, Section 114, Row 11 = $300
            SMU - 1 All Session Ticket, Section 103, Row TBD = $300
            Memphis - 1 All Session Ticket = $280
            UConn - 1 All Session Ticket = $315

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock Reaper View Post
              Here is a little bit of price comparison or the AAC Tournament:

Houston - 1 All Session Ticket, Section 114, Row 11 = $300
              SMU - 1 All Session Ticket, Section 103, Row TBD = $300
              Memphis - 1 All Session Ticket = $280
              UConn - 1 All Session Ticket = $315
              Links to their sites for tickets? thank you.

Comment

Something y'all shouldn't miss when you come down here is a trip to my place, 20 miles north, to move rocks around my property! This has been on the list of things to do for over 20 years!

Comment

Originally posted by LoneStar48 View Post
                  Something y'all shouldn't miss when you come down here is a trip to my place, 20 miles north, to move rocks around my property! This has been on the list of things to do for over 20 years!
                  The last time I moved rocks in north Texas (many many moons ago), I met face-to-face with a Copperhead and he/she scared the bejesus out of me...

"Snakes. Why did it have to be snakes?"

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

If it's cold you can move all the rocks you can stand. Snakes are real lethargic in the cold winter months.

Comment

Breaking down the American Conference basketball tournament schedule - Draft Kings Nation

By Collin Sherwin
                      Feb 21, 2020, 7:50am PST

"Taking a look at who, where and when for the American Conference Championship, which will be hosted in Fort Worth, Texas

The new venue, and will have 12 teams fighting for the championship and the automatic bid to the NCAA Tournament.

Right now Houston can comfortably claim a spot in the NCAA Tournament, but every other team is in some state of bubble status. Cincinnati is likely in as well, but the rest of the league will be fighting for postseason slots.

Here’s the bracket, with all games being broadcast on ESPN platforms.

March 12 * All games on ESPNU
                      Game 1: No. 9 seed vs No. 8 seed 1:00 p.m. ET
                      Game 2: No. 12 seed vs. No. 5 seed 3:00 p.m. ET
                      Game 3: No. 10 seed vs. No. 7 seed 8:00 p.m. ET
                      Game 4. No. 11 seed vs. No. 6 seed 10:00 p.m. ET

March 13 * Game 5 & 6 on ESPN2, Game 7 & 8 on ESPNU
                      Game 5: Game 1 winner vs No. 1 seed 1:00 p.m. ET
                      Game 6: Game 2 winner vs. No. 4 seed 3:00 p.m. ET
                      Game 7: Game 3 winner vs. No. 2 seed 7:30 p.m. ET
                      Game 8. Game 4 winner vs. No. 3 seed 9:30 p.m. ET

March 14 * Both games on ESPN2
                      Game 9: Game 5 winner vs. Game 6 winner 3:00 p.m. ET
                      Game 10: Game 7 winner vs. Game 8 winner 5:00 p.m. ET

March 15 * Live on ESPN
                      Championship: Game 9 winner vs. Game 10 winner 3:15 p.m. ET

There’s probably no conference with more range of possibilities for NCAA Tournament bids than the AAC. Cincinnati, Tulsa, Wichita State, Memphis, SMU, and Connecticut could all make the tournament without winning the automatic bid, and all could miss the event totally as well. Every game in Fort Worth will have meaningful implications for postseason, and we’ll see how the crowd draws for having the event in the Metroplex for the first time: it will be in this same building through the 2022 season."

Comment

If the Tournament started today based on current AAC Standings, there is where everyone would be seeded:

Play-in Round
                        Game 1: No. 9 seed UCF vs No. 8 Temple
                        Game 2: No. 12 seed Tulane vs. No. 5 seed SMU
                        Game 3: No. 10 seed ECU vs. No. 7 seed UConn
                        Game 4. No. 11 seed South Florida vs. No. 6 seed Memphis

Quarter Finals
                        Game 5: Game 1 winner (9/8 seed) vs No. 1 seed Cincinnati
                        Game 6: Game 2 winner (12/5 seed) vs. No. 4 seed Wichita State
                        Game 7: Game 3 winner (10/7 seed) vs. No. 2 seed Houston
                        Game 8. Game 4 winner (11/6 seed) vs. No. 3 seed Tulsa

Comment

I haven't read the rest of the thread, but are tickets currently only available from the school or are there other options?

Comment

Originally posted by shocker43 View Post
                            I haven't read the rest of the thread, but are tickets currently only available from the school or are there other options?
                            as always, you can buy them at the venue. There will be plenty of tickets.

Comment

Originally posted by shocker43 View Post
                              "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

Who will earn the automatic bid in each conference?

ESPN.com's team of college basketball experts issued their picks

AMERICAN
                                MEDCALF - Houston
                                BORZELLO - Houston
                                GASAWAY - Houston
                                SCHULTZ - Tulsa

Comment

Working...
                                X