AAC Tournament in Ft. Worth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ABC View Post
    It's a fine list and all. But there is so much more within driving distance to do. Of course my "driving distance" may not be everyones driving distance. I will be going across the whole metroplex for each game without blinking an eye. Lol
    "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

Originally posted by shockerfan View Post

It's a fine list and all. But there is so much more within driving distance to do. Of course my "driving distance" may not be everyones driving distance. I will be going across the whole metroplex for each game without blinking an eye. Lol
      Seems to be a list put out by the Ft Worth chamber. Shocker fan is right as this is just the tip of the iceberg of things to do. For example Six Flags over TX is next door and will actually be open that weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by Topshock View Post

Seems to be a list put out by the Ft Worth chamber. Shocker fan is right as this is just the tip of the iceberg of things to do. For example Six Flags over TX is next door and will actually be open that weekend.
        Six Flags is actually in Arlington - about a 30 minute (depends on traffic) drive.

Touring ATT Stadium should be on your list. That place is nuts. It is next door to Six Flags.

The arena is in Ft Worth. There are a lot of great things to do right in Ft. Worth. The botanical gardens - the old stockyards etc.

Food wise - The Old Pancake House is historic and has great breakfast. Sweet Sammies is a local ice cream parlor that will add to your waistline.

In Dallas the Perot Museum is a must see. You can also visit the book depository where President Kennedy was shot.

I really enjoyed St Louis but I think DFW will be awesome - especially if the Shocks win the tourney

Comment

If you are gonna make it to downtown Dallas you may as well get a city pass and hit some of the biggest attractions that way.

George W Bush library is a good one also.

Save 50% on admission to the best Dallas attractions with Dallas CityPASS® tickets. Learn more here.

I have heard the holocaust museum is a good one. I believe they recently expanded and reopened. I have not been yet, just going by what I heard.

The Dallas Holocaust and Human Rights Museum is dedicated to teaching the history of the Holocaust and advancing human rights.

I was impressed with the Dallas World Aquarium

The Dallas World Aquarium and zoo is located in the West End Historic District. It aids conservation and education by housing many animals that are threatened or endangered.

Dallas Arboretum is another good botanical garden if you are venturing more into Dallas.

The Dallas Arboretum is proud to offer the public an array of popular annual events, educational programs for children and adults, and an emphasis on family-oriented activities.

Any whiskey or vodka lovers might check out Trinity River Distillery. I love their honey whiskey. And while I am mostly a Tito's vodka guy, I do like Texas Star Vodka quite a bit also.

Trinity River Distillery is nestled near the Trinity River with our neighbors Wild Acre Brewery. A great place to relax, hang out or gather with friends, family or co-workers and enjoy a few of our Silver Star Spirits cocktails.

Stockyards are always worth a visit. Some good eating and drinking options down there.

Billy Bob's is a fun and historic place to check out if you are into country music

Hosting the best names of today & yesterday in country music and classic rock.

If you like shopping, entertainment and more dining options then Sundance Square should be a must.

On a nice day you could head over and check out the Fort Worth water gardens. Unique place with good photo opportunities for the family.

Enjoy the beautiful and refreshing oasis located downtown, adjacent to the Fort Worth Convention Center. Its fun for the whole family at the Fort Worth Water Gardens.

Topgolf is always fun. Even if you arent a golfer.

Make socializing a sport at one of our premier entertainment venues featuring fun golf games for all skill levels, full-service bar and restaurant, climate-controlled bays and private event spaces.

I could keep going. As you would expect from a metroplex this size there are an infinite number of things to do. It all depends on your interest and how willing you are to drive around.
          "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

There’s an In-n-out within five minutes of the arena. That’s the only sales pitch I need.

Comment

Just got the WSU ticket email and reserved some tickets!

Comment

$200-$400 for all-session. Yet to see any prices on single session tickets.

Comment

Any idea on Texas scalping laws? We decided late to go to Memphis and bought tickets quarters on the dollar on the street...but you never know...:)

Comment

Originally posted by molly jabali View Post
                    Any idea on Texas scalping laws? We decided late to go to Memphis and bought tickets quarters on the dollar on the street...but you never know...:)
                    If they catch you with someone's scalp (or their cattle) they hang you from the nearest tree.

Comment

Originally posted by molly jabali View Post
                      No law against it in Texas. However, cities can pass ordinances prohibiting in certain areas. Can't find any such ordinance for Fort Worth.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

If they catch you with someone's scalp (or their cattle) they hang you from the nearest tree.
                        It will be a good ole Texas hangin'...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Just got seats for the AAC tournament through ticket office. Section 105. We have similar seat layout for WSU like we did in St Louis. The ticket guy didn't know where other teams allotments were. I hope it's not like the MVC and the teams with no fan support get the center sections.
                          I won't tolerate rude behavior

Comment

Can’t make it this year, unfortunately.
                            Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

Sorry if posted elsewhere, but what is the team hotel ?

Comment

Worthington Renaissance

Comment

Working...
                                X