AAC Tournament in Ft. Worth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by shockerfan View Post
    I will say the first few cases of covid-19 in the DFW area have popped up over the last day or so.

Will be interesting to see if the AAC tries to go the "no fan" route.

I personally hope not, for many reasons.
    The problem is only partially Dallas. The full problem is:

Fans coming in from Connecticut.
    Fans coming in from Tulsa.
    Fans coming in from Memphis.
    Fans coming in from ...

mingle,mingle,mingle

Fans going back home to Connecticut.
    Fans going back home to Tulsa.
    Fans going back home to Memphis.
    Fans going back home to ...

The point is you have people coming in from all over the place, and if even just ONE fan has the coronavirus and spreads it to just ONE fan from another school ... you potentially just created a problem in an otherwise clean city that will grow exponentially. We need the virus to stay contained where it's at for as long as possible -- lots of events that purposefully intertwine large groups of people from highly dispersed geographic regions can accelerate the problem to the point it overloads our hospitals and the resources needed to treat the infection.

The virus is going to be everywhere. That's NOT the problem. The problem is if it hits too many places all at one time. Hospitals can handle it just fine if it proceeds from city to city slowly. Hospitals cannot handle it very well at all if it explodes all over in massive numbers simultaneously.

Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by NCAABound View Post

Kung Wu Ill buy your Shockernet badge
      How about the really frackin expensive, 3rd row aisle seats I bought back in November to go see Michael Buble in April?
      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• It is being reported that the AAC tournament is going to be cancelled.

Comment

• Comment

• Whelp, enjoy quarantine everyone!!
            The Assman

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                Well see everyone next year!

That is if I make it through this global killer virus......smh
                "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                  Yep, whole thing is getting cancelled. Not surprised at this point.

Comment

• Feel bad for Seniors everywhere. Schools that also won’t make it back again for some time.

This blows.
                    The Assman

Comment

• Big 10 is cancelled too

Comment

• Who would have ever thought this could happen a week ago? Is March Madness next?

Comment

• That's a yikes, at least we will be good next year?

Comment

• Originally posted by Arizona Shocker View Post
                            Who would have ever thought this could happen a week ago? Is March Madness next?
                            Yes
                            "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• REMASTERED IN HD!Official Music Video for It's The End Of The World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine) performed by R.E.M. Follow R.E.M. Instagram: https://www....

Comment

• Can you imagine how we would have felt if this had happened in 2014 going in undefeated? Holy cow. That would have sucked! Feel awful for the seniors. And Dayton. And the other teams on a run save KU.

Comment

Working...
                                X