Great Ticket Offer for UAB vs WSU at IBA - $10, $25, $35

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great Ticket Offer for UAB vs WSU at IBA - $10, $25, $35

Check out the Wichita Sports Commission at www.wichitasports.com. Great ticket offers on the UAB game.

Looks like 10/25/35 dollar options.

Comment

Looks like P1 is about sold out.

Looks like the $25 price is the same as what they started offering a couple weeks ago, except you don't have to buy 4 with this deal...

Another deal being offered:

Attention Military Personnel - we have an exclusive Veteran's Day discount for you for the WSU vs. UAB men's basketball game on 11/25. Show your military ID at the INTRUST Bank Arena Box Office to receive a buy one get one free ticket offer. The offer is valid 11/11 at 10am - 11/18 at 6pm. Call 316-755-SEAT for more information.

Comment

I just picked up 4. Doesn't look like I was charged any processing or handling fees either.

Comment

@_kai_: Might I humbly suggest that this thread be more descriptive in it's title? I would struggle to think that too many fans would turn down $10 tickets if they hadn't already purchased them.

I am not suggesting you do the promoters job for free.....okay, I guess I am asking you to do just that. It's all for the good of the program though.

Comment

The precedent has been set. Good luck wih advance sales in the future unless you have KU, K-State, UK, UNC, Duke or equivalent coming in. Of course, the chances of that happening would seem to be diminishing with each passing discounted ticket deal.

OTOH, we should be playing either KSU or KU on a regular basis at IBA. No middle man required.

Comment

Disagree 1972Shocker. Those who bought early got the prime seats in those sections. At this point people are going to be stuck with what is left.

Comment

Originally posted by martymoose View Post
                Looks like P1 is about sold out.
                Getting full? Yes. About sold out? Not quite.
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown View Post
                  Disagree 1972Shocker. Those who bought early got the prime seats in those sections. At this point people are going to be stuck with what is left.
                  That's true. But the question is can the promoter make a profit at these prices. Of course, we still don't know what kind of crowd we will draw.

If not, future IBA games will probably have to be put together by WSU. I don't know how much it cost WSU to host Tulsa at IBA last year or what the financial impact is of hosting a season ticket included game at IBA is.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                    The precedent has been set. Good luck wih advance sales in the future unless you have KU, K-State, UK, UNC, Duke or equivalent coming in. Of course, the chances of that happening would seem to be diminishing with each passing discounted ticket deal.

OTOH, we should be playing either KSU or KU on a regular basis at IBA. No middle man required.
                    Gotta agree with DSB. If tickets aren't selling well, they'll always be a chance at a last-minute enticing deal. If you purchased early enough, you got a better seat in a same priced section as what may be discounted. It also happens in every market place. You buy something at regular price and a day later, a slashing discount may have occurred on the product you just purchased. Are you really gonna wait it out the next time you wanna purchase those carton of eggs at 30% off?

Something had to be done to get butts in the seats as it has become apparent there is not a lot of support for WSU or this game. Maybe, the promoters won't start so high with ticket prices in the first place. They were definitely out of place for this game.
                    Deuces Valley.
                    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Oh and a $10 ticket won't be a prime, club-level seat, just in case you're one of those who expects every seat at every price in IBA to be golden.
                      Deuces Valley.
                      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                        Getting full? Yes. About sold out? Not quite.
                        Last I checked they were at row U with only V and W left...mid court of lower bowl will sellout easily. Hopefully the cheaper prices in the other areas will boost ticket sales.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                          That's true. But the question is can the promoter make a profit at these prices. Of course, we still don't know what kind of crowd we will draw.

If not, future IBA games will probably have to be put together by WSU. I don't know how much it cost WSU to host Tulsa at IBA last year or what the financial impact is of hosting a season ticket included game at IBA is.
                          Even with discounts included our average ticket price is going to be higher than the KSU vs West Virginia game... They are going to make plenty.

Comment

Originally posted by martymoose View Post
                            Last I checked they were at row U with only V and W left...mid court of lower bowl will sellout easily. Hopefully the cheaper prices in the other areas will boost ticket sales.
                            If you're checking those online, that won't be entirely accurate. Online ordering is computer-based "best available" where they will fill 116 up before it puts you into 115 or 117. So basically, it's not all evenly distributed (I know, sucks). Depending on quantity, you can still get relatively low in 115, for example.

I agree and hope too for your last sentence comes to fruition.
                            Deuces Valley.
                            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                              Oh and a $10 ticket won't be a prime, club-level seat, just in case you're one of those who expects every seat at every price in IBA to be golden.
                              So you're saying that I shouldn't expect drink service for a sawbuck Fever?

Comment

Working...
                              X