2019-2020 Men’s Basketball Season Tickets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2019-2020 Men’s Basketball Season Tickets

don’t rememberer seeing season tickets advertised since..... 2008. while mrs sharif and I will attend the majority of the home games, it’s sad that the university has not figured out the forces of supply and demand. we canceled our season tickets (held since 04) because it’s much less expensive (last season was about a 55% difference). to buy them on the secondary market. unless you’re behind a pole, there is not a bad seat in the house.

Comment

• BostonWu
      BostonWu commented
      Editing a comment
      While this is certainly true in the present if this program returns to national prominence atop the polls then you'll find yourself in a situation of paying much higher single game tickets when everyone wants to watch. You might be able to return to season tickets. Maybe not. There's a tradeoff and pros/cons on both sides of the ledger.

• abdullah_sharif
      abdullah_sharif commented
      Editing a comment
      since all of the games are on tv, I’ll have roll the dice. wichita is definitely a college basketball town with a corporate culture at the games. i wish that would change, but its not likely. the atmosphere for the thursday night tbt game was the best i’ve seen koch in quite some time.

couple disclosures:

finances were not a reason for dropping - perceived value was.
      had center court seats about ten rows from the top
      for a few bucks down the road, i can skip the line and get great seats again should we choose
      i wish that wsu in-game production would listen more.

Seems like the University will always find a way to spend a dollar to try and pick up an extra .50. Just my .02.:poster_wsu:

Comment

• WstateU
      WstateU commented
      Editing a comment
      "Step over a dollar to pick up a dime."

Originally posted by JVShocker(1) View Post
    Seems like the University will always find a way to spend a dollar to try and pick up an extra .50. Just my .02.:poster_wsu:
    Fact.
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

It is a huge bummer that the athletic department is in the red and we can’t keep our big name coaches around.

Comment

Wonder how many are remaining?

Comment

• martymoose
          martymoose commented
          Editing a comment
          Looked like quite a few when I was at the TBT games.

I’ve had tix since 98 and been in the same 2 seats since the Roundhouse Renaissance, added 2 tickets in 2006. We have tried to get our four seats together since 2007 but haven’t been able too. The best we have done is the same section, two rows apart and on opposite aisles. We are Bold Gold donors for 4 seats since Century Club parking was taken away. This season we were able to add a seat, move our all 5 seats together stacked 3 seats in front of 2 seats. Same section, one row back, and two aisle seats. Giddy as all get out.

You prostitute yourself to corporate donors at the expense of long term family donors, for short term gain, this is what happens when a dry season or two comes around. Things are getting better and the dry patch will pass.

Go Shocks!

RoyalShockShockBand Kung Wu_kai_ EDIT: This is my 7,300 post since we had reset the post count with a change in bulletin board providers a decade plus ago. Shockernet has certainly seen the lows and highs of Shocker athletics and university life since ol’ Shockercat flipped the switch on this place. A tip-off the hat to RoyalShock, Kai, ShockBand, and of course KungWu for keeping the lights on over the years. Thank you and as always:

Go Shocks!
        Last edited by DUShock; August 3, 2019, 04:51 PM.
        “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

• RoyalShock
          RoyalShock commented
          Editing a comment
          Ugh! I guess I will never shed that old moniker!

DUShock , I'll second your last paragraph!!

Another problem for family donors is that "business" donors can pass on point status due to it being in the business's name, regardless of who is currently in charge or still alive.

Comment

ShockTalk and we cannot claim the tickets as a marketing expense like the businesses can. Why the athletic department seems to enjoy fooking the family donors is a mystery.
          “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

Changing conferences means virtually ALL games are on TV, and also game times are not as customer friendly. We renewed again, but.....
            Last edited by pinstripers; August 3, 2019, 06:56 PM.

Comment

I am the LAST person who should consider dropping tickets...and while I’m not quite there yet, the thought has at least started to be considered.
              78-65

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                Changing conferences means virtually ALL games are on TV, and also game times are not as customer friendly. We renewed again, but.....
                Changing conferences also means we get to see games against real teams like Cincy and Temple instead of Evansville and Drake. It does cut both ways a bit.

Having said that, they are reaching my breaking point.

Comment

After 15 years, my breaking point was reached after the 2018 season. It sucks cuz we’re in a real conference now too. Made 1 game last year (the UCF win, ha) and it does suck not being there watching live.

But they’ve just outpriced us. And I feel it’s nothing but a giant commercial when game play isn’t happening. The game production is mid major at best and worst of all, they don’t seem to care. Maybe they’ll start caring when the attendance continues a decline. The product is absolutely not an issue. The $8 nachos and the inability to show a controversial replay during the game are inexcusable. But hey, those bottle caps are back, despite being told to the fanbase that it was a conference rule, which was a flat out lie.
                  Deuces Valley.
                  ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• WuDrWu
                    WuDrWu commented
                    Editing a comment
                    A) It wasn't a lie, but no one else followed it. We were attempting to be good stewards of the new conference.

Fev, honest question. What would bring you back? I'm being serious here. I'm going to ignore the replay thing because I don't really believe that keeps you from coming, as annoying as it may be. If they had $5 nachos, $5 beers and $3 dogs would you come back? If tickets were say $600 instead of $760 would you come back? I'm honestly curious what combination of price and amenities that you would want to return to buying tickets.

some time has passed and my feelings on this haven't changed - in fact they have become more sad/strong/angry/bitter. the games are big commercials with tired promos. I understand that the new conference and travel is much more expensive and the athletic department needs to raise monies, but they could do themselves a favor by listening to fans and refreshing the game-day experience.

i would have kept my tickets and PAID MORE for them if i felt that i was getting a true college basketball experience. the product on the court is gold, but in 2019 its about the entire production experience as i can watch the games at home for $4.99/mo. maybe that will change with declining revenues but a few things will hide problems for a while include items such as new revenues from beer sales (total revenue percentage increases yoy). eventually sales growth will slow and/or turn negative.

i have season tickets to sporting kc and while they are a professional organization, my experience with them has been nothing more than top notch. i received a call from and spent almost 20 minutes talking to my season ticket rep (yes i have one person that i talk to) about improvements to the fan experience that the club has made this year including ordering apparel online for quick pickup at the match (no waiting in line), discounts on concessions for season ticket members (STMs), wifi, and mobile concession ordering (wow they're fast and no waiting in line). While SKC is toward the bottom of the standings this year, the club seems to spend a lot of time working toward keeping the season ticket holders happy. we can blah blah that its a professional club or they have a big ass budget, but wichita state has plenty of resources / opportunities for free/low cost interns to work for us. they also have ears - whether or not they're being properly used is another story.

sometimes its not about wins and losses or supporting the guys. its about how an organization makes you FEEL. i FEEL that SKC does an amazing job of making me feel important and like i'm a big part of their success, I feel like they listen and are not happy with the status quo.

our athletic department has a lot of work to do.

Comment

Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post

Changing conferences also means we get to see games against real teams like Cincy and Temple instead of Evansville and Drake. It does cut both ways a bit.

Having said that, they are reaching my breaking point.
                    Also, how many of those games are going to be PPV on ESPN+?

Comment

Working...
                    X