• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WstateU
    commented on 's reply

• SB Shock
    replied
    Originally posted by Aargh View Post
    Especially since most of those walks in January and February are going to be in 25 degree weather with wind blowing..
    Your forgetting global warming. January and February weather is getting better day by day.

Leave a comment:

• B1ShockFan
    replied
    Sad - After being a season ticket holder for over 50 years this could very easy be my last. Not that I do not love the Shockers and really enjoy the game experiences but now I feel that I am being totally ripped off. Over the last few years everyone has noticed the change in overall production of the time we spend there. Everything for extra $$$$$ and nothing for the fans. Is the athletic department really in a bad financial position? I sure hope not. The arena full of corporate seats (notice I did not say fans) will not be what anyone wants including WSU.

Leave a comment:

• Shocker_Power
    replied
    Originally posted by Aargh View Post
    19 walks from Eck to CKA and back is another matter. Especially since most of those walks in January and February are going to be in 25 degree weather with wind blowing.

But, throw in that sometimes bone-chilling stroll, and I'll be leaving any ticket I might purchase to someone a little younger who's better able to handle the cold.
    A fact lost on the leaders of the City of Wichita as well.

Leave a comment:

• Aargh
    replied
    Dropping nearly $800 for 19 games works out to about $40 per game. That's steep. 19 walks from Eck to CKA and back is another matter. Especially since most of those walks in January and February are going to be in 25 degree weather with wind blowing.

I'm getting back into a position where the financial part isn't prohibitive. But, throw in that sometimes bone-chilling stroll, and I'll be leaving any ticket I might purchase to someone a little younger who's better able to handle the cold.

Leave a comment:

• ShockTalk
    commented on 's reply
    Outside of the student section, which schools cannot control on them attending or what they add to the production, what did Grand Canyon do that WSU does not?

• abdullah_sharif
    replied
    seen a lot of venues over the past few years and know what good production is to keep the fans engaged amd loud..these sre the games and venues that i can remember off hand without looking for my stubs.

college basketball

@ missouri state v wichita
    @ creighton v wichita (dollar beer!)
    @ st louis univ v wichita
    @ colorado v arizona
    @ grand canyon v new mexico state
    @ smu v wichita
    @ tcu v kansas
    @ unlv v boise st
    @ @ loyola chicago v wichita
    @ uni v wichita
    @ drake v wichita
    @ okla state v wichita
    oklahoma in okc v wichita
    @ oklahoma v texas
    kansas in v new mexico st
    @kansas v kansas st (beasley year)
    @ kansas state v tcu
    @ kansas state v kansas
    kansas state in wichita v gonzaga
    @ colorado state v wichita
    @ illinois state v wichita
    @ grand canyon v
    @ texas v kansas
    @ unlv v san diego st
    @ tulsa v wichita
    @ evansville v wichita
    @ indiana state v wichita
    @ valley tournament 2003-2017
    @ arkansas v tennessee
    @ boise state v utah state

mls
    @ salt lake v skc
    @ houston v skc
    @ minnesota v skc
    @ dallas v skc
    @ chicago v skc
    @ colorado v
    @ skc v opponents 2013–present (missed 2 home matches)

after all this the best atmosphere i've ever seen at a college game was at grand canyon.. small budget school in a small conference with a first rate production. no excuse wichita state.

Leave a comment:

• pie n eye
    commented on 's reply
    I’m not Pogo but I’ve been to games at KU, OSU, OU, CSU, Misery State, CRAYTON, Valley Tourney, and NCAA tourney. I would only put KU and Valley Tourney ahead of Koch. The others were, at best, on par with Koch.

My suspicion is that it’s a personal preference. Of course acknowledging that other people might have valid opinions isn’t the modus operandi of the internet.

I read some of this boards suggestions for improvement and think they are not good.

• ShockerFever
    replied
    Originally posted by pogo View Post
    The term college experience comes up from time to time and I’m sure it means different things to different people. I have gone to games at other venues as well as campus courts and I haven’t seen anything different at those except organized less or the same as at our CKA. I would like to see a more family friendly pricing of food and soda ( beer and alcohol I’m not concerned with) but I’m at a loss as to what else would enhance MY college game experience. What would improve the experience in others opinion
    What other college venues have you been to?

Leave a comment:

Guest commented on 's reply
    Extra package

• Shockm
    replied
    Originally posted by Shocker_Power View Post

Also, how many of those games are going to be PPV on ESPN+?
    I don't know anything about ESPN+. How do you access it? Is it an extra package to pay for or do you pay each game.

Leave a comment:

• im4wsu
    replied
    Originally posted by pogo View Post
    The term college experience comes up from time to time and I’m sure it means different things to different people. I have gone to games at other venues as well as campus courts and I haven’t seen anything different at those except organized less or the same as at our CKA. I would like to see a more family friendly pricing of food and soda ( beer and alcohol I’m not concerned with) but I’m at a loss as to what else would enhance MY college game experience. What would improve the experience in others opinion
    I'd suggest youth basketball or youth soccer at halftime, but I miss halftime anyway having to relieve myself so I can stand in line to get another $5 diet pepsi (at least it's not coke). Doulbe the size of the band so we can hear it better and do away with piped-in "music." Of course, limit the enthusiam-stifling time out "competitions" -- bring back Cheerleaders leading cheers! Let the cheerleaders perform their routine and tumble down the floor.

Leave a comment:

• pogo
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Shocker_Power
    replied
    Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post

Changing conferences also means we get to see games against real teams like Cincy and Temple instead of Evansville and Drake. It does cut both ways a bit.

Having said that, they are reaching my breaking point.
    Also, how many of those games are going to be PPV on ESPN+?

Leave a comment:

• abdullah_sharif
    replied
    some time has passed and my feelings on this haven't changed - in fact they have become more sad/strong/angry/bitter. the games are big commercials with tired promos. I understand that the new conference and travel is much more expensive and the athletic department needs to raise monies, but they could do themselves a favor by listening to fans and refreshing the game-day experience.

i would have kept my tickets and PAID MORE for them if i felt that i was getting a true college basketball experience. the product on the court is gold, but in 2019 its about the entire production experience as i can watch the games at home for $4.99/mo. maybe that will change with declining revenues but a few things will hide problems for a while include items such as new revenues from beer sales (total revenue percentage increases yoy). eventually sales growth will slow and/or turn negative.

i have season tickets to sporting kc and while they are a professional organization, my experience with them has been nothing more than top notch. i received a call from and spent almost 20 minutes talking to my season ticket rep (yes i have one person that i talk to) about improvements to the fan experience that the club has made this year including ordering apparel online for quick pickup at the match (no waiting in line), discounts on concessions for season ticket members (STMs), wifi, and mobile concession ordering (wow they're fast and no waiting in line). While SKC is toward the bottom of the standings this year, the club seems to spend a lot of time working toward keeping the season ticket holders happy. we can blah blah that its a professional club or they have a big ass budget, but wichita state has plenty of resources / opportunities for free/low cost interns to work for us. they also have ears - whether or not they're being properly used is another story.

sometimes its not about wins and losses or supporting the guys. its about how an organization makes you FEEL. i FEEL that SKC does an amazing job of making me feel important and like i'm a big part of their success, I feel like they listen and are not happy with the status quo.

our athletic department has a lot of work to do.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X