Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1972Shocker
    replied
    My favorite half-time show was Quick Change (several times). But shows of that quality don't grow on trees and don't come cheap.

Leave a comment:

• TheShocktocles
    replied
    Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
    Listening to Carla Burns sing the anthem, fun halftime entertainment, decent concession prices, not having to put up with those stupid moneymakers, all contribute to the total experience. If all one wants is the game itself, it's on TV
    Oh Man! Carla Burns a Wichita legend. Went to grade school with her a few years. She had talent way back then. Go shocks.

Leave a comment:

• WstateU
    commented on 's reply
    I'm always for more monkeys... I'm a monkey man! You can't have too many monkeys...

Well, maybe you can...

• WuDrWu
    commented on 's reply
    A) It wasn't a lie, but no one else followed it. We were attempting to be good stewards of the new conference.

Fev, honest question. What would bring you back? I'm being serious here. I'm going to ignore the replay thing because I don't really believe that keeps you from coming, as annoying as it may be. If they had $5 nachos, $5 beers and $3 dogs would you come back? If tickets were say $600 instead of $760 would you come back? I'm honestly curious what combination of price and amenities that you would want to return to buying tickets.

• WuDrWu
    commented on 's reply
    FWIW I suspect most everyone here pulls in "my kind of salary" Fev. I've stated that I'm probably on my last couple of years of tickets. I think it's some of everything. When I was 25 I would have sold my soul for row 33 tickets, and I did. I could now probably always afford row 33 tickets but I'm not sure that sitting that high, with poorer eyesight, not having a parking pass with 2 bad knees, as much as I love the game I'd pick and choose the games I'd try to go to. My order of preference these days would be good seats below row 15 at least, watch on tv, then sit up high.

I think they're in a tough spot. They have to get as much money as they can, today. The owner of ABC Widgets isn't going to pay big bucks for row 24 tickets, he's just not. If they go too far with pricing, there will eventually be a turn, but so far I don't see it. People, for the most part, continue to pay it. If 200 of us here drop off, how many newbies will come in? I suppose that's the $64 question. But it's likely that 8000+ are still going to be paying top dollar....and our expenses are huge in the new conference. Just huge. Travel expenses are a nightmare. I get everyone's frustration, and I share a lot of it, but there is a price to success, and it's on us to pay it or we're likely not going to have much more of it.
    Last edited by WuDrWu; August 8, 2019, 03:50 PM.

• pinstripers
    replied
    Listening to Carla Burns sing the anthem, fun halftime entertainment, decent concession prices, not having to put up with those stupid moneymakers, all contribute to the total experience. If all one wants is the game itself, it's on TV

Leave a comment:

• SB Shock
    replied
    Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
    I went there last night, I wouldn't say 500. Or least tags on the seats. Maybe 150? Most were top on the ends like you see in that picture from Brent. The center court sections were nearly completely sold. (completely sold on the non-bench side it seemed)
    We tried upgrading this year. We thought there might be some weakness in renewals that might allow us to move down, but there was nothing available that we would consider an upgrade when we got the call. As you pointed out, the picture pretty much tells the story.

Leave a comment:

• WstateU
    commented on 's reply

• ShockerFever
    replied
    Originally posted by Rocky Mountain Shock View Post
    There will always be something to complain about if you're always focused on the negative. There won't always be HCGM on the sidelines or 4* players playing back up minutes.

Be very careful what you wish for.
    Who’s wishing for the opposite?

Leave a comment:

• Cdizzle
    commented on 's reply
    Somebody forgot to explain the difference between aspirational life goal dreams and weird nighttime brainwave dreams to that guy.

• Rocky Mountain Shock
    replied
    There will always be something to complain about if you're always focused on the negative. There won't always be HCGM on the sidelines or 4* players playing back up minutes.

Be very careful what you wish for.

Leave a comment:

• jdshock
    replied
    Originally posted by im4wsu View Post
    Nobody would be complaining about halftime entertainment if they hadn't brought in that "cowboy" and his dog that sat still while he told how great he was to his dog. That awakened everybody!
    This is a different individual from the man who brought the monkeys that rode the dogs, right? My recollection is that guy explained how it was his dream to own monkeys who could ride dogs, and therefore we all could achieve our dreams as well.

Get that guy on retainer and just have him be the standing halftime entertainment.

Leave a comment:

• abdullah_sharif
    commented on 's reply
    couple things and i think i'm about done with this topic..

** i'm glad you pay top dollar to entertain yourself with your phone. i can do that at home for free.

** i support coach thru the auction and attend many other university sporting events.

** it's like a restaurant... my thoughts on dropping my tickets have more to do with the "shitty service" and don't care attitude of the servers.. not the food that comes out of the kitchen. there are plenty of good restaurants that have failed because the front of the house (servers/managers) don't to their part.

** far from ego stroke. half the time i don't really have the time to talk to him but he puts in the effort and i respect that. maybe the days of giving someone a few minutes of my time although i'm busy because they bust their ass is gone.. not with me. even better is the suggestions that have come from the masses have been implemented.

i've offered suggestions and to put together a group to work on gameday experience. the powers that be weren't interested. the offer still stands, no matter how awkward it could be. i care about wichita state athletics and may be back. sometimes it takes a regime change to make it happen. hopefully coach is still here.

• im4wsu
    replied
    Nobody would be complaining about halftime entertainment if they hadn't brought in that "cowboy" and his dog that sat still while he told how great he was to his dog. That awakened everybody!

Leave a comment:

• Dan
    replied
    If you want to entertain the kids, just show a video of someone playing Minecraft. They can watch that crap for hours.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X