shockervision

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ky-mike View Post
    Report back if you get a response. I had raised a question on the quality of SV to the department and got the response that we were locked in a contract for a couple more years before any big changes could be made.
    They can't argue that the company isn't providing what they promised?

Comment

Originally posted by Ta town View Post
      They can't argue that the company isn't providing what they promised?
      Here's a picture of the outsourced "Shockervision" company's server:

Here it was in action during the Emporia State game:

The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

I think the contract thing is a crutch. Most contracts contain language which allow you an out for poor performance. I think last night would certainly qualify. When they can't even get part of a game broadcast, something is seriously wrong.

Comment

They need to contract with a professional company to handle both the production of the play-by-play and streaming video. There are advertising opportunities and an obvious demand for the video that would allow said company to make money doing what they do for a living.

Enough of the amateur crap. Three Rivers Community College does it 10 times better than us on 100x less budget.

Comment

Originally posted by owenc View Post
            This really isn't that hard at this point in time so I'm a little surprised they consistently have so much trouble with it. Bandwidth for something like this isn't cheap but at $10/month a subscriber I would think that problem could be solved.

Speaking of bandwidth Chris, when does Hubris plan on extending their scope of service to better challenge Cox and their price gouging on fiber connections? East Wichita wants to know.....

Comment

Originally posted by McShocker View Post
              Having lived over an hour from Wichita for most of the last 10 years, Shockervision is absolutely maddening. To be honest, I would pay $10 per game rather than per month if it was a good product. In fact, I often sign up for our competitors online service for away games because I've never had access to channel 22. In effect, I pay about $10 to watch one game and then cancel the service. I have paid for Shockervision up until now because as bad as it was I considered it to be better than nothing. I have finally decided that, no, it is not better than nothing. Listening to the game and no longer dealing with the frustration of the poor product and the poor administration response to the poor product is what I will be doing from now on. It is truly sad that such a strong athletic program puts out a product so poor that a diehard fan would choose having no video over purchasing their service.
              diddo

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                Speaking of bandwidth Chris, when does Hubris plan on extending their scope of service to better challenge Cox and their price gouging on fiber connections? East Wichita wants to know.....
                It really depends on where the business is located. Downtown and North Rock Rd areas we can really tear it up (or Garden City ;-)) but so far those are the only COs where we can do the really cool stuff. We had plans to expand to the Oliver/Douglas and West/Central COs but those have sort of gone on the back burner at least temporally. We decided to do Garden City first. That is live now but we're really still gearing up pushing it.

Chris

Comment

Honestly people have been bitching about Shockervision for so long that if they ever fix it, it will be like losing an old friend -- I'll miss the good ol' days of everyone bashing it.

BTW -- who operates Shockervision?
                  Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                    Looks like "College Sports Direct":

That domain name is registered to:

JumpTV, Inc.
                    1600 Old Country Road
                    Plainview, New York 11803

The IP address for www.nmnathletics.com is a data center in Omaha though. Not sure if the actual video comes from www.nmnathletics.com though or not.

Chris

Comment

No one, apparently.

Comment

JumpTV, Inc.
                        1600 Old Country Road

The IP address for www.nmnathletics.com is a data center in Omaha though. Not sure if the actual video comes from www.nmnathletics.com though or not.

Chris
                        Interesting.

Omaha is one of the biggest nodes on the Internet backbone. No surprise that TV feeds are routing through there for speed purposes -- probably not an indicator of who operates Shockernet though, but still interesting.

Comment

JumpTV, Inc.
                          1600 Old Country Road

Chris
                          Based on that website you sent, I think this may be the company that aggregates all the NCAA feeds and redistributes:

Endeavor Streaming is a leading global streaming partner, offering a complete end-to-end OTT platform and strategic business services.

They also mention having offices in Plainview.

Comment

Based on that website you sent, I think this may be the company that aggregates all the NCAA feeds and redistributes:

http://www.neulion.com/?aboutus
                            I thought Neulion was just the software that they are using to run the site but it looks like you may be right.

Chris

Comment

Originally posted by McShocker View Post
                              Having lived over an hour from Wichita for most of the last 10 years, Shockervision is absolutely maddening. To be honest, I would pay $10 per game rather than per month if it was a good product. In fact, I often sign up for our competitors online service for away games because I've never had access to channel 22. In effect, I pay about $10 to watch one game and then cancel the service. I have paid for Shockervision up until now because as bad as it was I considered it to be better than nothing. I have finally decided that, no, it is not better than nothing. Listening to the game and no longer dealing with the frustration of the poor product and the poor administration response to the poor product is what I will be doing from now on. It is truly sad that such a strong athletic program puts out a product so poor that a diehard fan would choose having no video over purchasing their service.
                              +1,000,000

As a fan who lived around 1300 miles away for a period of time, I found it SO INCREDIBLY frustrating to pay for a product that delivered so little. I'm sure many would even pay more just to get what they demand.. a quality service that puts out a product that is easy flowing and understandable and doesn't make you wanna throw your computer out the window. That was the longest 15 months of my life. And that was 3 years ago. And in that 3 years, apparently nothing has changed. That's downright unacceptable. And if the AD doesn't care, it's best to just hit them in the pocket book. Cancel the crap until they deliver and listen to the online radio broadcasts. It sucks but that may be the only way to hit them.
                              Deuces Valley.
                              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

I tried to sign-up for one game only when I was in Europe.... It only took three cancellations and multiple emails to stop getting billed. The product is as bad as everyone has previously stated; therefore, I am very excited to not be on the road for work this year....

Comment

Working...
                                X