shockervision

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• shockervision

Anyone else have trouble with shockervision?

yes, and there were several posts on the WSU vs Emporia thread as well from people who were just getting the "please stand by" message.

Comment

Yeah "please stand by" is what everyone's getting. A bit aggravating considering the game is already underway quite a bit into the first half.
      ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

Now a message under the feed saying that they are trying to fix it.

Comment

Yes, nice "Please Standby" message. Every year it's the same thing.

Comment

This is why after purchasing Shockervision for at least the last 5 years, I will no longer pay for what is a horrible product. Even when it works, the picture does not even have enough definition for a 15 in screen, and you miss half the game while they show 20 second replays of the last Shocker basket. The administration (both Schaus and Sexton) blows smoke up your a** if you complain, but the product has not improved. I will be listening to Mike Kennedy this season and saving myself the frustration that is Shockervision.

Comment

2nd half start, no SV. Wow this is really unbelievable.

Comment

I feel for those out-of-towners or the ones who have purchased the service. Very embarrassing for the whole athletic department.

Yet another FAIL.
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Sent an email to Boatright, Rankin and Sexton. Gist of which is that they need to guarantee a minimum product or just cancel the service. Not expecting big things.
                  Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Ol' Badass Balla View Post
                    Sent an email to Boatright, Rankin and Sexton. Gist of which is that they need to guarantee a minimum product or just cancel the service. Not expecting big things.
                    I cosign this.

Comment

This really isn't that hard at this point in time so I'm a little surprised they consistently have so much trouble with it. Bandwidth for something like this isn't cheap but at $10/month a subscriber I would think that problem could be solved.

Comment

Originally posted by owenc View Post
                        This really isn't that hard at this point in time so I'm a little surprised they consistently have so much trouble with it. Bandwidth for something like this isn't cheap but at $10/month a subscriber I would think that problem could be solved.
                        nm////

Comment

Originally posted by owenc View Post
                          Between this and other things, the athletic department has shown it can honestly give a damn about any alumni or fans not living within a half hour's driving distance of Wichita. That's the bread and butter for most strong basketball programs in the country, but for WSU, it's an afterthought.

It's already hard enough being a fan of a program without national recognition. To get totally ignored by the program's athletic department is just an insult.
                          The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

Having lived over an hour from Wichita for most of the last 10 years, Shockervision is absolutely maddening. To be honest, I would pay $10 per game rather than per month if it was a good product. In fact, I often sign up for our competitors online service for away games because I've never had access to channel 22. In effect, I pay about $10 to watch one game and then cancel the service. I have paid for Shockervision up until now because as bad as it was I considered it to be better than nothing. I have finally decided that, no, it is not better than nothing. Listening to the game and no longer dealing with the frustration of the poor product and the poor administration response to the poor product is what I will be doing from now on. It is truly sad that such a strong athletic program puts out a product so poor that a diehard fan would choose having no video over purchasing their service.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Ol' Badass Balla View Post
                              Report back if you get a response. I had raised a question on the quality of SV to the department and got the response that we were locked in a contract for a couple more years before any big changes could be made.

Comment

Working...
                              X