Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
    Not sure what to make of this:

That would make sense as the schedule for next year seems to having a lot of "bus trip" type games.

"We go on the road, it's not final yet with paperwork, but we go on the road to Missouri State," Martin said in a #Mizzoom Inside the Huddle interview as well as saying his team will play Wichita State. "Two high-energy games."

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
      Not sure what to make of this:

Fantastic buy game.
      Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• I must be missing something. What would be the problem with flying to games using charters? There's hardly any additional exposure that wouldn't happen in practices. I can see it from a financial standpoint. If the charters are "donated", a bus would cost a lot less and the donor might commit the same $$ as the charters would have cost.

Or is the thought that schools that normally fly commercial will be switching to bus this year?
        The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
        We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
          I must be missing something. What would be the problem with flying to games using charters? There's hardly any additional exposure that wouldn't happen in practices. I can see it from a financial standpoint. If the charters are "donated", a bus would cost a lot less and the donor might commit the same $$ as the charters would have cost.

Or is the thought that schools that normally fly commercial will be switching to bus this year?
          Pretty sure charters aren't donated. That's why the men's basketball auction is such a big deal. It raises the kind of jack that helps cover the cost of things like charter flights.
          78-65

Comment

• With all the conferences slowly but surely losing geographical identities- I hope we keep moving towards non-conference opponents in our backyard. I have been on this kick for a long time.... hoping budget cuts across the board drive it into reality.

You can get all the competition required without leaving our bordering states and it is a hell of a lot more fun for fans.

Oklahoma, Nebraska, Colorado, Iowa, Missouri, and Arkansas provide plenty of intrigue.

Comment

• EDIT: OOPS. guess this article was posted above, too.

Similar to the tweet posted above. Article on Mizzou playing at Missouri State, that also mentions Mizzou playing WSU, but does not mention location.

https://www.news-leader.com/story/sp...su/3076072001/
              Last edited by rjl; May 4, 2020, 12:23 PM.
              The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

• Maybe any WSU-Mizzou games could get a title sponsorship from the Feminist Karate Union.

You know, like the FKU Classic.
                78-65

Comment

• Mizzou >>> Texas Southern/UT-Martin/fill-in-low-level-buy-game-here.
                  The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by rjl View Post
                    Similar to the tweet posted above. Article on Mizzou playing at Missouri State, that also mentions Mizzou playing WSU, but does not mention location.
                    Maybe the dawning of a fun rivalry at the Sprint Center every year?

Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Article on Shockwaves saying Tiger-Shocker series starts 20-21 season in Wichita, and return to Columbia the next season.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

Maybe the dawning of a fun rivalry at the Sprint Center every year?
                        Why give the money to KC? Much prefer a H/H.

Comment

• Originally posted by Veritas View Post
                          Why give the money to KC? Much prefer a H/H.
                          Why? Spite!

But ... yeah.
                          Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• IBA??

Comment

• Originally posted by Ashockalypse View Post
                              IBA??
                              I believe our IBA game is set this year (Oklahoma State). This would be a CKA game.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ashockalypse View Post
                                IBA??
                                Oklahoma State on December 12th.

Wichita State and Oklahoma State will start a new four-year series next season. OSU comes to Wichita in December of 2020 and 2022. The Shockers visit Gallagher-Iba Arena in December, 2019 and 2021.

Comment

Working...
                                X