No announcement yet.

Gregg Marshall Radio Show

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I could definitely see Cotton not redshirting. I don't know if Rags is iffy when it comes to academics or if he's doing fine but missed too many classes. But Marshall has said in the past he'd like to have 3 PGs available. I could free DWill to play more SG than expected if that's what's best for the team. I'm not sure if Cotton will wow anybody, but based off of Shocker Madness, he could be a solid player this year and not hurt us.

Not sure what to expect of Ede.
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

If Ede had some sort of injury that he had even back at Shocker Madness that would totally make sense. He seemed a little flat during Madness.
      ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh View Post
        On this subject (this is from earlier in the boradcast) Marshall described Hall as a very physical player. I think the comparison was to Charles Oakley. I don't know enough about Oakley to be certain I heard the reference right.

Marshall did compare Hall to Charles Oakley. From how he described Hall’s play it sounds about right– Hall doesn’t have a ton of shooting range so he will get his points primarily on the block and particularly from put backs off misses, he is good rebounder, and a physical player. However, Oakley’s brought more to the table than just the foregoing – Oak was an excellent passer, very good at setting picks, and a leader on the court - teammates listened to Oak. Oakley was a smart, tough, physical player – a “lunch-pail and hard hat guy” – the kind of player you want on your team but don’t want to play against.

I think the comparison between Hall and Oakley is fair, obviously Oak’s game matured over time but Hall appears to be a retro-throw back player like Oak. The bottom-line is if Hall is half the player Oak was – then he will be very valuable.

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
          I could definitely see Cotton not redshirting. I don't know if Rags is iffy when it comes to academics or if he's doing fine but missed too many classes. But Marshall has said in the past he'd like to have 3 PGs available. I could free DWill to play more SG than expected if that's what's best for the team. I'm not sure if Cotton will wow anybody, but based off of Shocker Madness, he could be a solid player this year and not hurt us.

Not sure what to expect of Ede.
          I agree on Cotton. He looks like someone who could be valuable when playing a team with a physical style of point guard where they try to manhandle us. Rags will be ok against this but Cotton is bigger and stronger than Rags and DWill and looks like he won't be manhandled (and won't hurt us). I would think that Ede is one of the redshirt Frosh possibilities that Marshall was talking about (along with Wessell, and Baker). He indicated that they would look to redshirt at least one.

Comment

But ... but ... did he mention Kung Wu on Shockernet!?!?!?!?!!
            Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by Maggie View Post
              Marshall did compare Hall to Charles Oakley. From how he described Hall’s play it sounds about right– Hall doesn’t have a ton of shooting range so he will get his points primarily on the block and particularly from put backs off misses, he is good rebounder, and a physical player. However, Oakley’s brought more to the table than just the foregoing – Oak was an excellent passer, very good at setting picks, and a leader on the court - teammates listened to Oak. Oakley was a smart, tough, physical player – a “lunch-pail and hard hat guy” – the kind of player you want on your team but don’t want to play against.

I think the comparison between Hall and Oakley is fair, obviously Oak’s game matured over time but Hall appears to be a retro-throw back player like Oak. The bottom-line is if Hall is half the player Oak was – then he will be very valuable.
              Hasn't 3G said repeatedly that he'd be TEMPTED to play Baker, but he is redshirting?
              "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
              ---------------------------------------
              Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
              "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
              "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Originally posted by im4wsu View Post
                Hasn't 3G said repeatedly that he'd be TEMPTED to play Baker, but he is redshirting?
                Okay.........

Comment

He's also repeatedly said that Baker WILL redshirt. That was part of the deal for him to come to WSU.
                  Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                  RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                  Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                  ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                  Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                  Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                    He's also repeatedly said that Baker WILL redshirt. That was part of the deal for him to come to WSU.
                    Yep. His comments about being tempted appear to be Marshall's way of expressing how good Baker has looked, not a serious thought of not redshirting him.
                    "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Can you guys imagine how good Baker will be in 2, 3, and 4 years from now?

I wonder if the Flagships up north will be kicking themselves for not showing much interest in him.
                      ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

Originally posted by im4wsu View Post

I know I've said that 3G will be tempted to play Ron if things got dicey or there were unexpected injuries etc. I don't know that I've heard Coach Marshall himself say that.....

Ron Baker CAN help this team this year, period. The question becomes is that help worth the loss of an additional year. Would you have given up a .500 season and a strong finish with a post season to have Garrett Stutz be a junior this year instead of a senior? That's an easy answer in hindsight....If you knew this team was going to win 26+ games and go to the tournament, would you give up Baker's fifth season to win 27+?

Tough questions......

Comment

Originally posted by _kai_ View Post
                          Can you guys imagine how good Baker will be in 2, 3, and 4 years from now?

I wonder if the Flagships up north will be kicking themselves for not showing much interest in him.

I'll bet my left arm that a bunch of KState basketball fans (and by a bunch I mean all 73 that aren't just bandwagon fans) are going to be pissed when Baker takes the court next year. Even more so when ........never mind.

Comment

I heard Coach mention on the show that Hatch was in to see him lately. It would be nice if he's at the game tonight if he could be recognized since he wasn't able to make Shocker Madness when they handed out the rings.

NIT MVP and all.....

Oh yeah, it would also be nice if anyone had an idea of what Mike Kennedy was referring to as the big announcement last night...anyone?? I was really hoping someone would know what he was talking about.....

Comment

Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown View Post
                              No offense, because I don't know if it is you or not, but I have teenagers that work for me that can figure out the basics about how things work. The fact that this station has such an issue getting things to work right screams amateurism and unprofessionalism.

Tell that engineer/tech to put down the cell phone, sign out of Facebook, and do his DAMN JOB!!
                              You are so right. It has been going on for years and to quote a well known person in our community, "No one seems to care."
                              "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

Originally posted by Ricardo del Rio View Post
                                You are so right. It has been going on for years and to quote a well known person in our community, "No one seems to care."
                                Yuuup!

They lost the post game show last night because someone unplugged a cable.

Hello...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Working...
                                X