Gregg Marshall Radio Show

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Aargh View Post
    "Don't we have a freshman who had a pretty good year last year in high school. I think he was from somewhere maybe up north somewhere. Is he going to be starting and what type of impact do you think he'll have over his career? And I don't understand why you keep getting all these junior college players. Is there some advantage for - I mean - I don't understand why we have to keep getting all the junior college guys. Could you explain why that's always necessary? And then I have just one more question. I noticed we're playing some school called Charleston Southern next. Are they Division 1? And finally, the Wessell guy from Wichita - how's he doing and what position do you see him playing over the next few years. I'll hang up and listen".

There must be 4 questions. 3 of them must be impossible to answer. At least 2 have to be silly. and at least one must be totally out of context from the rest.
    And then there's the guy that calls in and repeats 1 and 4 and asks for clarification on 3.
    People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

I'm sure glad I don't have to have Thanksgiving Dinner with you guy's. You can be brutal. Plus with you guy's around, I would always have to sit at the little-kids-table on the sun porch.

Comment

And, right on schedule, the internet feed doesn't seem to be working.

So far there's not much. Marshall will play everyone who's eligible at least a few minutes. Armstead and Mitchell are the only players not eligible.

I thought it sounded like Marshall is expecting two red shirts. Those guys can play in the exhibition.

Murry is still in a lot of pain.

The first caller is Kevin. He asked about the IBA game. Marshall likes to play one game a year there and show it to recruits.
        The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
        We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Internet isn't working. Hope they get an archive up tonight so I can hear it.

Comment

Internet feed sounds like there is something there, but can't hear it.

Comment

I couldn't get the stream from ShockerRadio to work. I went to the KNSS site and got it up through there.

Comment

Turned it on and then turned it off. I will never listen again to a coach's CALL IN show. I can't handle it and frankly I don't know how Marshall does.

Comment

HCGM says 2012 early signing period begins Wed. They're expecting to sign four (Early, Uwadiae, Green and VanVleet) and maybe one more (?).
                  “The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

Thanks DTSB...I was about ready to go postal.

Comment

HCGM on EO ...

He's been playing well in practice. Looked like a million bucks. Hasn't translated to the floor at Shocker Madness and the closed scrimmage. But he's going to play. There are going to be some ooh and ah moments both positive and negative.
                      “The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

Orukpe "didn't look very good" at Shocker Madness or in the scrimmage at UT-Arlington, but has looked good in practice the last couple of days. He will play and there will be some "ooh and aah moments - both good and bad". Some of those moments will be because of things other people just can't do.

Edit: That appears to have been a popular subject. With the slower typist getting the second post.

Comment

Sounds like Wessel and Baker will red shirt because there's no reason to waste a year of eligibility on guys with their talent. Then there was a huge back off on Wessel when a caller asked for specifics about Wessel.

Comment

• post removed due to slow typing *

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

Tune In radio app on Droid.
                              Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

White has been looking good and had a great practice today. Earlier, he was described as a "smart" player. Anacreon had a great scrimmage against UTA, and Hall looks better than either of them. Hall was earlier described as a "15' and in" player. Smith mentioned as getting minutes at the 4. I think the exact words were "If...If...If Ben plays the 4, then..." Then it's a shorter team than he's used to playing, but not smaller than some of the Valley teams that spread the floor .

On this subject (this is from earlier in the boradcast) Marshall described Hall as a very physical player. I think the comparison was to Charles Oakley. I don't know enough about Oakley to be certain I heard the reference right.
                                Last edited by Aargh; November 7, 2011, 06:58 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X