No announcement yet.

Fred VanVleet (2012-16) "Future" Shocker Sports Hall of Famer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• At this point I'm guessing he's got to be officially the BEST PRO to ever come out of Wichita St. program no???
    FINAL FOURS:
    1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
    1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
    Number of Times Ranked: 157
    Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
    Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
    Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
    #3 - Dec. 2017
    #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
    #2 ~ March 2014
    Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Originally posted by AZ Shocker View Post
      At this point I'm guessing he's got to be officially the BEST PRO to ever come out of Wichita St. program no???
      He's got a Championship. Does he need an All-Star selection? I think so. He is also going to need some longevity with continued production.

On GoShockers, go to the basketball page and look for the Media tab then the Fact Book pages 89-93 for the info on past Shockers in the pros.

Comment

• You would think that a college team with him on the roster would be able to get to some tourney finishes like a S16 or a F4. Esoecially with an NBA SG and an NBA SF on the team. There was some serious talent on those teams. Haven't seen anything resembling that talent level since.

Comment

• Eastern Conference player of the week. He is going to be an all star this season.
          Sports journalists and bloggers covering NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL, MMA, college football and basketball, NASCAR, fantasy sports and more. News, photos, mock drafts, game scores, player profiles and more!

Comment

• "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Great breakdown by Kevin O'Connor.

Comment

• More great stuff from Fred

Fred Feeds Needy.jpg

Comment

• On another note, Fred had some 'knee swelling' and sat out last night game versus Charolotte... he's been playing a lot of minutes recently. I believe he's in the top 5 of minutes played in the NBA. They'll probably cut back his playing time once he returns. Unfortunately, Toronto has a thin bench. Hopefully, it's a day-to-day situation.

Raptors List Barnes as Questionable, VanVleet Out - Sports Illustrated Toronto Raptors News, Analysis and More
                  "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post
                    On another note, Fred had some 'knee swelling' and sat out last night game versus Charolotte... he's been playing a lot of minutes recently. I believe he's in the top 5 of minutes played in the NBA. They'll probably cut back his playing time once he returns. Unfortunately, Toronto has a thin bench. Hopefully, it's a day-to-day situation.

Raptors List Barnes as Questionable, VanVleet Out - Sports Illustrated Toronto Raptors News, Analysis and More
                    Fred leads the league in MPG. And is top in several other statistical categories.

Comment

• Raptors just won a 3 overtime game at Miami... All 5 raptors starters played at least 53 minutes...

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                        Raptors just won a 3 overtime game at Miami... All 5 raptors starters played at least 53 minutes...
                        I watched the entire game. Fred struggled tonight after missing a game with knee issues. He hit back-to-back threes at the start of the game and then couldn’t hit one until is was do or die time… as you would expect, he hit two key threes in the third overtime to help seal the win.

He appeared to be a step slow tonight, but gutted it out anyway. He might need to rest a few days after playing that marathon. One of the best NBA games I’ve seen in a long time and took a little sting out of the Shockers loss today. Fred likely punched his all-star ticket with his overtime performance. I believe coaches make selections Monday.
                        "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Was looking at Fred's stat lines and noticed the number of minutes he played in the last 8 games. Note that prior to the last 16 games, Fred played 40 or more minutes 8 times in 26 games and never more than 2 in a row.

1) In his run of 8 high scoring games, he played 40 or more minutes once, an OT game. He averaged 37 mpg.

2) In his last 8 games, he has played 40 or more minutes 7 times, also with an 3OT game. He averaged 43.25 mpg.

3) In the 8 high scoring games, he averaged 30.6 points, 7.6 assists, 7.4 rebounds, 1.25 TO (1 game he had 4).

4) In the last 8 games, he averaged 20.1 points, 8.3 assists, 3.4 rebounds, 2.6 TO (2 games with 5).

5) In the 8 high scoring games, he shot 82/174 47.1 FG%, 47-103 45.6 3pt%, 34-35 97.1 FT%

6) In the last 8 games, he shot 49/151 32.4 FG%, 35/103 34.0 3pt%, 28-35 80.0 FT%

5) In the high scoring games, they played the Warriors, Jazz, Bucks, Nets, Clippers, Spurs, Knicks, Pelicans going 7-1

6) In the last 8 games, they played Heat (2), Suns, Bucks, Mavs, Blazers, Wizards, Pistons going 3-5

Yes, in general, the last 8 games were tougher basically coming from comparing the top 2 teams in both.

Comment

• When Did Toronto Get So Mean?

“I would say this is one of the hardest teams I’ve played with, defensively, with how hard they go,” Gary Trent Jr. said. “Everybody has some form of energy, everybody has some form of effort and it starts with Freddie VanVleet. He comes in every single day, he gives 110 per cent effort. He leaves it all on the line — whether it’s deflections, whether it’s steals, whether it’s communicating — and I try to help as well with that and continue to grow and defend.”

Comment

• Toronto can thank Gregg Marshall for their attitude.
                                Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

Working...
                                X