Fred VanVleet (2012-16) "Future" Shocker Sports Hall of Famer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by shock View Post

You cannot leave the bench for any reason during a court fight.
    Idiotic. Stupid. Moronic.

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

Too many thugs in the NBA. I get it
      People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• van vleet owes montrez harrel one anyway. i bet harrel didn't step to van vleet. just sayin..

but.. van vleet broke it all up. why was he fined?
        Last edited by another shocker; April 8, 2021, 05:50 PM.

Comment

Sure ya can!
          Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

Comment

Well ... That explains it ... Everybody should know by now you can't tell Fred what he can't do ...

Comment

• Interesting comments here by Fred.

1. Feels like the university hasn't put back enough into the MBB program since they have been the ones driving the growth

2. Would like to be involved in helping drive donations towards that point.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Interesting comments here by Fred.

1. Feels like the university hasn't put back enough into the MBB program since they have been the ones driving the growth

2. Would like to be involved in helping drive donations towards that point.
                  “Chuck, this is Fred, open up your checkbook.”
                  "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Fred still trying to elevate the program! Man that's a good feeling

Comment

• I'm going to have to disagree a bit with Fred's perspective here, as I'm sure athletes from several other sports might, as well. He even acknowledges some of the recent improvements that have benefitted men's basketball. If more of the money's he says has been generated by men's b-ball was put back into the men's b-ball players, what would the current T&F facilities look like? You can't say men's b-ball deserves more without saying the rest don't deserve what they have, unless he's also saying the school and athletic department has mismanaged funds.

I support his desire to start a conversation about improvements (forget "Chuck, open your checkbook", how about "Fred, open yours"), but to say more money should have been spent on men's b-ball seems like he's experiencing a bad case of tunnel-vision.

Comment

• I admit that I have not seen a lot of new basketball arenas and facilities. But I am sure Fred's basketball experiences have allowed him to see some of the best facilities in the country. So I guess he has some perspective on this issue. But I am wondering what he is specifically is talking about in improving Koch arena to help us to continue to compete. Maybe some of you know what he is talking about. I never get tired of watching Fred.. Go Shocks.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                          I'm going to have to disagree a bit with Fred's perspective here, as I'm sure athletes from several other sports might, as well. He even acknowledges some of the recent improvements that have benefitted men's basketball. If more of the money's he says has been generated by men's b-ball was put back into the men's b-ball players, what would the current T&F facilities look like? You can't say men's b-ball deserves more without saying the rest don't deserve what they have, unless he's also saying the school and athletic department has mismanaged funds.

I support his desire to start a conversation about improvements (forget "Chuck, open your checkbook", how about "Fred, open yours"), but to say more money should have been spent on men's b-ball seems like he's experiencing a bad case of tunnel-vision.
                          I don’t necessarily disagree that the basketball facilities could use some improvements. We should always try to maintain top tier facilities. Your point is a good one, though. Men’s basketball isn’t the only sport at WSU and even though most, if not all, don’t generate any revenue, they still deserve support.

Additionally, and this is going to be an unpopular statement, but as far as I know Fred’s been MIA from Wichita for many years now. That’s fine. He’s a busy guy with a family, a pro career and does all kinds of charity work. But to just pop back in to Wichita after years and start making all of these comments about how the basketball team isn’t getting their fair share…it just seems…I don’t know exactly.

If he’s going to be more visible around the program and pull out the checkbook to make these things happen, great. But where has he been the last 8 years when all of this sliding was supposedly happening?

Comment

• And I want to add I don't think Fred really thought about the flipside of his comments, or at least I hope he didn't. I think he has good intentions, but just didn't consider all the angles.

Comment

• Maybe I missed it, but I didnt hear him say MBB vs other sports. I heard him say MBB vs rest of campus (e.g. tech initiative). FVV probably doesnt know or has forgotten that school athletics and the academic side of WSU are two different entities with completely separate budgets and sources of funding.

But the most important part of what FVV is saying is that he is going to give back and thats H.U.G.E. It sets a precedence for future NBAers and MLBers that there is an expectation to give back to your school. And there really should be. Good on him!
                              Last edited by Kung Wu; July 16, 2021, 12:58 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by pie n eye View Post
                                But where has he been the last 8 years when all of this sliding was supposedly happening?
                                Earning enough jack to put some money where his mouth and heart are. He's not even 30 and has been taking care of family and Rockford. He can take his time and dive bomb in whenever he's ready.

Plus he might have been waiting for 3G to be out of the picture.

Comment

Working...
                                X