Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

oops

Comment

Sweet in and out between the legs layup by Freddy to force a Nets TO.

Comment

Fred's line for the game: 39 minutes, 11-15 FG, 8-10 3pt, 11 assists, 1 TO, 2 steals. 1 block, 30 points.

Unfortunately, Fred was 0-1 from the line, costing the Raptors a perfect day at the free throw line (32-33). He'll never live it down.

Comment

https://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=2...KXBU1syvcTkEr0
          I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

First Player in Raptors History to go for 30+ pt and 10+ AST in a playoff game

Comment

Comment

I think WuDrWu would agree that this is a great time to throw out the word "douchenozzle".

Comment

He did NOT just tweet that.........

Comment

Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post
                    I think WuDrWu would agree that this is a great time to throw out the word "douchenozzle".

Love this response from Tim Brando!! HAA!

Comment

Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post
                      Hell yeah, M. Adams with the shout-out to Easy E Wessel. Somebody gets it...

Man, I believe Fred has a chance to be the next Stockton, as far as impact goes. Skill level is comparable. He just has to do it for the next 10 years, but who's to say he can't?
                      Last edited by ShockingButTrue; August 18, 2020, 03:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post

Hell yeah, M. Adams with the shout-out to Easy E Wessel. Somebody gets it...

Man, I believe has a chance to be the next Stockton, as far as impact goes. Skill level is comparable. He just has to do it for the next 10 years, but who's to say he can't?
                        I believe FVV will continue to get better, but comparing to Stockton may be a reach. The most amazing thing about Stockton (other than his NBA record in assists) is that his career field goal average was 51.5%! A 6'1" point guard shooting over 50 percent is absolutely nuts and considering the era that Stockton played in, the physicality of the game and 'hand checking' was not a foul like it is in today's game, it's an even more amazing feat. Stockton's FG% ranks 80th all time in NBA history and I believe only two other PG's had higher averages (Mo Cheeks and Magic Johnson).

On a side note, I was on ebay the other day telling myself I'd like to pick-up a FVV rookie card to add to my memorabilia collection and dayuum! Some of his autographed rookie cards are going over $1,000 already!

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Shox The Revenant View Post

I believe FVV will continue to get better, but comparing to Stockton may be a reach. The most amazing thing about Stockton (other than his NBA record in assists) is that his career field goal average was 51.5%! A 6'1" point guard shooting over 50 percent is absolutely nuts and considering the era that Stockton played in, the physicality of the game and 'hand checking' was not a foul like it is in today's game, it's an even more amazing feat. Stockton's FG% ranks 80th all time in NBA history and I believe only two other PG's had higher averages (Mo Cheeks and Magic Johnson).

On a side note, I was on ebay the other day telling myself I'd like to pick-up a FVV rookie card to add to my memorabilia collection and dayuum! Some of his autographed rookie cards are going over $1,000 already!
                            Oh yeah.

I did say all he has to do is keep the same pace for TEN more years. Stockton is the greatest assist and steals man of all time for a reason. Fred probably won't do that, but... My comparison was more in the vein of being a "meat-and-potatoes" point just like Stock was. I think also that Fred's D is comparable as well. When Fred was playing the point at WSU I thought they were legit National Title contenders. And so did many others.

Remember in the '97 or '98 finals when the Bulls captains, before tip-off, were asking the refs to be aware of Stock's physical response to offensive picks? Here we have a 6'1", 170 lbs. point who's physicality on D is making the opponent complain to the refs, in the Finals. Sublime. No wonder Isiah Thomas was jealous of him. In the end though Malone got Isiah straightened out, didn't he?
                            Last edited by ShockingButTrue; August 18, 2020, 03:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Shox The Revenant View Post

All true but ...

Fred Van Vleet NBA Championship Rings: 1
                              John Stockton NBA Championship Rings: 0

Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

All true but ...

Fred Van Vleet NBA Championship Rings: 1
                                John Stockton NBA Championship Rings: 0

Comment

Working...
                                X