Teddy Buckets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

You think Teddy is the only player drinking on the team?
    That would be a surprise, SB.

But Teddy's up and down history suggests that he may need to be more careful than his teammates do, just as once upon a time Conner Frankamp needed to be especially careful about his behavior with alcohol even though he was unlikely to be the only Shocker drinking.
    Last edited by WSUwatcher; June 15, 2019, 10:38 PM.

Comment

• Aargh
      Aargh commented
      Editing a comment
      He wasn't the only Shocker drinking. He was taking one other guy with him. If you want to connect the dots, just recall who was missing practice due to migraines and stomach issues.

Originally posted by WichitaStateGuy View Post
    Nothing burger. I now stand even more firmly by my, “Far less worse than a DUI,” comment.

Cant wait to see Teddy play.
    And exactly how did Teddy get from near Rock to an apartment near the WSU campus? I'm going to make a wild guess that he didn't walk and the lady in question didn't give him a ride.

There have been previous issues with players hitting the booze that have had a negative effect on team chemistry, and I'm not talking about Frankamp's DUI. Marshall has probably had it with players drinking too much. I suspect some "tough love" Marshall-style is on the way. I also expect Teddy could be in excellent cardio condition after some early-morning wind sprints and stair running the rest of the summer .Early morning wind sprints will pretty much resolve issues with late-night alcohol consumption.
    The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• shock
      shock commented
      Editing a comment
      Did he cut in front of you and take the last hot dog at the theater?

• Dark Lord
      Dark Lord commented
      Editing a comment
      That walk would not be all that bad.

when you in the public eye, you got to be careful in picking your friends.

there are certain friends that i don’t tend to hang out with while drinking.

Comment

Update from a source: it seems the charge will just be for petty theft and the “battering” did not occur. Marshall had a meeting with the team excluding Teddy and everyone still supports him and wants him to stay on the team. Marshall was understandably very upset and likely will sit him the first couple of games as punishment but it does not seem he will be kicked off the team. Teddy feels terrible about it all and was hurt by how it was perceived and reported by the media.

Comment

• kcshocker11
        kcshocker11 commented
        Editing a comment
        Hoping this is true!. If so the vote of support from his fellow teammates should inspire Teddy to be all he can be!

• Dan
        Dan commented
        Editing a comment
        If true, I’m sure Teddy had a serious meeting with 3G and has no strikes remaining. He needs to tighten his circle.

Originally posted by abdullah_sharif View Post
      when you in the public eye, you got to be careful in picking your friends.

there are certain friends that i don’t tend to hang out with while drinking.
      Those folks are the type I hung out with when I was in college. I have a family now, so not so much anymore.
      Livin the dream

Comment

When you have a checkered past, it tends to follow you and people around you draw quick conclusions. Gotta wear that though and understand that's the way it is, and then use that as motivation to overcome it. This was a small blip of a warning that just might help prevent a big blip!

Persevere Teddy!
        Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

If its as minor as SlyShock says it is. Which I tend to believe. Teddy came here for a reason to be closer to boystown. Now what needs to happen is get one of the walk on's to be his buddy/mentor. Make sure his ass stays outta trouble. Teddy has skills and can make it the NBA. He just needs better people around him so he stays out of trouble.
          Shocker Alumni
          Shocker Club Soccer alumni
          Jayhawk fan but the Shockers come first

Comment

To summarize. While it has been a long, long time since some of you were in college, the fact is things like this happen frequently in that realm. Students drink too much occasionally, they have arguments with girlfriends, they sometimes act spontaneously without thinking things through. Some of you snowflakes live in a snowglobe. We are dealing here with kids becoming adults trying to learn how to live in the real world. As it turned out this is nothing but a learning experience for the people involved. Hopefully some of you can still learn something as well.

Comment

• BOBB
              BOBB commented
              Editing a comment
              Not a snowflake and managed to make it all through college without ever choking, hitting, any or breaking any of my girlfriends' ****. Including the one that would regularly get liquored up and want to swing on me. Made a number of other terrible decisions though. Teddy has to understand that 90% of his issue is controlling the situations you let yourself get in to. Can't control what happens sometumes, but you can control the your locations, activities, time, and associates.

• WuDrWu
              WuDrWu commented
              Editing a comment
              Control the controllables. Good advice at 18, good advice at 88.

• martymoose
              martymoose commented
              Editing a comment
              I'll let you tell Coach that he's a snowflake....rofl

All I know is that when I heard Teddy's story and that he was transferring here, I knew I wanted to root for him on and off the court. I wanted him to learn from his mistakes, grow up, turn things around and be able to point to his time at WSU as the period it all came together for him. I still want to root for that, so I hope the reports of choking aren't legitimate and he still has a chance to turn his life around here.

Comment

Originally posted by Topshock View Post
              To summarize. While it has been a long, long time since some of you were in college, the fact is things like this happen frequently in that realm. Students drink too much occasionally, they have arguments with girlfriends, they sometimes act spontaneously without thinking things through. Some of you snowflakes live in a snowglobe. We are dealing here with kids becoming adults trying to learn how to live in the real world. As it turned out this is nothing but a learning experience for the people involved. Hopefully some of you can still learn something as well.
              Probably not needing to be lectured by you, but thank you just the same....

Comment

Unfortunate story to read about. Hope it all gets cleared up and perhaps a mountain was made out of a mole hill is all it is. Free Teddy to be released by the NCAA was a fun mantra...free Teddy from jail would not be a fun mantra.

GO SHOCKS!!!
                FINAL FOURS:
                1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                Number of Times Ranked: 157
                Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                #3 - Dec. 2017
                #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                #2 ~ March 2014
                Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Word on Facebook is that Teddy has been dismissed from the team.

Comment

• wufan
                    wufan commented
                    Editing a comment
                    That’s too bad.

Comment

Has taken "Wichita State MBB" out of his bio.

Comment

Mixed feelings

Comment

• OregonShocker
                        OregonShocker commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I have mixed feelings about losing him as a player; no mixed feelings for having him off the team. No excuse for what he did. Forgiveness can come but doesn't have to include time on the team.
                    Working...
                    X