Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There’s a landing spot for everyone if they have enough talent

Comment

• Dang! They got a good one! Hopefully they manage him properly. If so he's gonna tear up the B10.

T

Comment

• I continue to hope and pray good things for Teddy. Wish he could let go of his past and demons and move on with his life. Good luck.

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post
          Hopefully they manage him properly. If so he's gonna tear up the B10.

T

Yes because Teddy bears zero or at least, very little personal responsibility for his demeanor with his fellow players, coaches, personal drug use, breaking laws, and abuse of females. Life revolves around him. Got it.

Comment

• nothing against the dood, but i’ll believe it when i see it. best of luck

Comment

• Abuse and anger derailed Teddy Allen’s life. Now he seeks redemption with the Huskers - BH News Service

By Chris Heady e
              Feb 26, 2020 Updated 2 hrs ago

"Five hundred miles from Iowa City, where the Nebraska basketball team is finishing up a walkthrough at Carver-Hawkeye Arena, Teddy Allen stands in line at Subway. There are few pregame food options on these road trips to sleepy Midwestern towns. If nothing is around, Allen will settle for a $3 box of popcorn from the concession stand. But McCook has a Subway, the golden ticket for junior college athletes looking for a reasonably healthful choice. So four hours before tip on a cold Friday night, Allen treats himself to a 6-inch chicken bacon ranch and eats it on the drive across town to the Graff Center. “Just filling enough,” he says, “but not too much.”

Less than a year ago, Allen was eating prepackaged meals specific to his diet and dominating on the scout team during a sit-out season at Wichita State. It has been two years since his Big 12 newcomer of the week honor with Sweet 16-bound West Virginia. Three years since he averaged 31.6 points per game at Boys Town, the first Nebraska high school player in 20 years to score more than 30 a game.

But the trappings that used to come with Allen’s star status have been stripped. He’s now an outcast in the sport that saved him, a pariah after a night in Wichita eight months ago.

In half-empty gyms across the Midwest, opposing fans eye his neck, arm and leg tattoos and boo him at the foul line. Even though he’s headed toward a junior college scoring title, putting up 30.3 points a night for Western Nebraska Community College, few Division I schools have offered him another chance...."

Comment

• Good for Teddy... hope he does great!

Comment

• Man, I wonder how different the team would look if he didn’t make the mistakes he made?

The offense would look a lot different for sure. Would have a player that could create his own shot.

It’s funny, I had forgotten all about Teddy until a couple nights ago, pondering just the above thought. Funny how things can come-and-go so quickly.
                  The Assman

Comment

• Back in the fall of 2019, nobody wanted much of anything to do with Teddy Allen. Now Nebraska basketball signed the junior college standout. "We’re very comfortable taking on Teddy,"

Comment

• Low key wished we could have made it work...I guess everything happens for a reason

Comment

• It would’ve been interesting having a high volume shooter on a team full of headcases that all wanted to be high volume shooters.

Comment

• Buckets would have been another player whose playing time meant another player was held to a different standard than other players.
                          The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                          We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Him on last years team would have been a nightmare!!

Wish him the best. We shall see...

Comment

Working...
                            X