Teddy Buckets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AndShock View Post
    This transgression ranks below the former Jayhawker as far as severity goes. Give him his strike and punishment and move on.
    If this truly is it...then +1. With the caveat that he better darn well keep his nose clean the rest of the way. Short leash.

Comment

Any man or woman that commits domestic violence/battery, is a soulless bastard/*****.

Any man or woman that convicts people based on nothing but hearsay and absolutely no evidence is a soulless bastard/*****.

Any man or woman that defends someone who has committed such acts despite evidence to the contrary is a soulless bastard/*****.

Any questions?
      The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?

Comment

I am sure glad I had a parent with compassion and common sense as I was growing up... I probably would have grown up an outlaw if I had to deal with the likes of half of the people on this message board. I recall well how it went here when Connor got that DUI and felt the same way then. Luckily GGG seems to be able to deal with things without alienating the young men. And WE will most likely never know what the punishment was. BUT I am certain there will be consequences non the less.

Comment

Battery can have a wide range of manifestations. It can range from pinching to a round house punch to the grill. We simply don't know the extent of the battery, but as a former WPD officer, I'll give my .02.

If the woman's roommate was home to witness Teddy's behavior and her testimony is consistent with his ex-girlfriend's - that's not good for Teddy.

If it was only Teddy and his ex in the home, no witnesses, AND she has no visible injuries from the battery, then the battery charge probably won't stick.

Teddy could get off the criminal damage to property charge if he could prove the cell phone was owned entirely by him or was jointly shared by both, but if the cell phone was solely owned by her, the charge will probably stick.

The petit theft doesn't look good because by the sound of it, the keys didn't belong to him or her.

When it comes to a domestic violence situation, the victim does not have the option to file or drop charges. The state pursues the criminal charge (at least this was the case when I was last there). So, she can't go to the cops tomorrow and say she doesn't want to press charges and everything is dropped. This case will depend on the amount of evidence and if the DA determines the evidence is strong enough to support a conviction. There's still too many unknowns right now for anyone to come to conclusions. Remember, the Police's burden to make an arrest is based on probable cause, a much lesser standard than what it takes to be convicted - that the suspect committed crimes beyond a reasonable doubt.

Comment

• 1972Shocker
            1972Shocker commented
            Editing a comment
            Nice analysis. Problem is that Teddy was not and apparently has not been charged with battery. That is not to say Teddy will not face repercussions for his actions once the fact are determined as he should.

• IndianaShocker
            IndianaShocker commented
            Editing a comment
            From a purely legal perspective in regards to battery (I understand he hasn't been charged with such as of now), a person has a right to face their accuser. If there is no physical evidence, and she decides not to testify or just no-show the hearing my understanding is a battery case is dead in the water.

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
          I am supposing here, so correct me if I'm wrong. But my understanding is that if the cops are called to a domestic dispute, someone is going to jail. Then any additional allegations by the complainant are added to the list of things for which the person is getting arrested. Perhaps without any evidence. I am not declaring Teddy guilty or innocent, just that in these cases, if I'm not way off base, we can't jump to any conclusions one way or another.

If he did it, he should be punished, and likely removed from the team. But if an investigation shows the situation was more of a mutual altercation (both parties equally at fault) I think there is room for forgiveness from a basketball perspective, as determined by the coaches and AD. Obviously, if there is no basis for the accusations, no harm no foul.
          I do not know the current law, but previously in Wichita, this was at least policy. If a call is made about domestic violence, the victims initial claims are taken as fact and the perp is going to prison. This is a very good law/policy in my mind as threats from the perp to the victim to keep her mouth shut can’t stop him from going to jail. The victim can then get help while the perp has to cool down.

In some circumstances a shouting match turns into an arrest with charges dropped. I witnessed this personally when my friend and his step mom got in a shouting match and she called the cops. She had previously called the police on his dad multiple times. Once he had grabbed her, once he threw something, and the other times it was just shouting, none-the-less he spent the night in jail every time. They remained married for at least a decade.

I make no claims about this incident. Very bad and not so bad incidents are difficult to distinguish early on.
          Livin the dream

Comment

• wufan
            wufan commented
            Editing a comment
            Just FYI...the shouting match mentioned above was because my friend had borrowed a couple of hundred dollars from his dad (her spouse). My friend had failed to pay it back (he was in college and living in the dorms). She sold some of his stuff (including his golf clubs) while he was away to recoup the money.

The cops politely cuffed him and took him away. I hit range balls alone.

This is far less serious than a DUI *cough cough*

Comment

This is far more serious than a DUI

Comment

• WichitaStateGuy
              WichitaStateGuy commented
              Editing a comment
              Yea, because taking someone’s phone and breaking it is on the same level as getting behind a wheel and potentially killing a family of five, you idiot.

• pinstripers
              pinstripers commented
              Editing a comment
              Assaulting a woman is far worse than any potentially

• Topshock
              Topshock commented
              Editing a comment
              You have lost it PINSTRIPERS. You really think grabbing and breaking a phone is on the level of a drunk driver killing people. Amazing.

Isn’t the degree of “harm” or potential “harm” what we utilize to determine the punishment?
            Livin the dream

Comment

Kansas.com says the 911 caller said Teddy strangled the alleged victim. If that is true then he does need to be kicked off the team but the fact that he is not charged with assaulting her is a bit curious. Do the police have reason not to believe the woman or is there something else going on?

Comment

Originally posted by 1989 View Post
                Kansas.com says the 911 caller said Teddy strangled the alleged victim. If that is true then he does need to be kicked off the team but the fact that he is not charged with assaulting her is a bit curious. Do the police have reason not to believe the woman or is there something else going on?
                That’s a very serious offense. I hope for the victims sake that the above is not true.
                Livin the dream

Comment

NM
                  Last edited by FadedCrown; November 13, 2019, 10:42 AM.

Comment

Don't officers *have* to arrest somebody no matter what when a domestic violence is claimed? I think so.

Innocent until proven guilty, and we're with you Teddy. I can think of a plausible scenario where Teddy is completely innocent of all charges and it's not even a stretch.

Comment

oh, no...

Comment

The Wichita city ordinance re domestic battery.

Comment

If Teddy ends up only have to pay restitution for the property damage, I still think before he can return to the team, he needs to apology to all the players, to the university, and to all the fans. And even after that, he still would have to deal with Coach Marshall, whether that means being suspended for a few games, or something else.

Comment

Working...
                          X