Summer Scrimmage reports

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by forevershockerfan View Post
    Ok, so it's hard not to think of KD watching his ball handling, driving dunks, and outside shooting. Gotta get his shot closer to the top of his head on release (too easy to block a low release) but... WOW! I think we stole a 5 star talent.

Comment

Losing TA hurt but I am still very up beat. It will take awhile, I think, for the Frenchman to make an impact. PF is the only
      position I am concerned about. I could actually see DD starting there b/c he is such a good rebounder and able to guard a
      bigger stretch four. I salivate at a defensive line up of JB, TE, ES, DD and either of our top two 5's with GS, Wade and DG
      realizing the way to get PT is through defense. None of these guys would be a surprise on the upside to me. I am expecting
      greatness from the freshmen guards, especially on D and hoping for a big upside surprise from one or two at PF. If that happens
      we will be top 3 in conference and dancing.

Comment

The last time I was this excited was when I found 3 seasons of Gilligan's Island on DVD at Target.
        Kick 'em square in the grapes! (that can be very painful)

Comment

• Kung Wu
          Kung Wu commented
          Editing a comment
          $5 bin!?!

"Appears" to be skilled, but not in WSU's "immediate" plans. If he he has a strong work ethic he could be a monster on the boards within a few years.

Comment

• WstateU
          WstateU commented
          Editing a comment
          “Few years”, ain’t nobody got time for that.

• N Crestway
          N Crestway commented
          Editing a comment
          In 2 years with a little luck if, like you say, he has a strong work ethic. For some reason thinking along the lines of a Dave Cowen type of player at some point in his career, but that is probably wishful thinking since he has only been playing basketball for 4 years.
          Last edited by N Crestway; June 30, 2019, 03:38 PM.

Are we even scrimmaging?

Comment

• OregonShocker
          OregonShocker commented
          Editing a comment
          they're in yoga now

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
        Are we even scrimmaging?
        Oregon, is that instead of scrimmage or prelude ?
        "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
        ---------------------------------------
        Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
        "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
        "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• OregonShocker
          OregonShocker commented
          Editing a comment
          Instead. HCGM is trying to get them to focus on their mantras. ;-)

• ShockingButTrue
          ShockingButTrue commented
          Editing a comment
          "Flexibility" is the key...

No scrimmage but I did watch Josaphat Bilau & Grant Sherfield (I think) work together on some footwork and shooting drills yesterday. Fairly complex series of drills and Sherfield told me he got the workout from a Damian Lillard video. Both seemed pretty dedicated to improving. Update: Aug 1. think the second player wasn't Sherfield but Tyson Etienne. Saw the photos and bio's on Goshockers and his current favorite player is Lillard.
        Last edited by Signman; August 1, 2019, 06:20 AM.

Comment

• 60Shock
          60Shock commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks for your comments.

• OregonShocker
          OregonShocker commented
          Editing a comment
          Is that yoga? :-) Actually Lillard is a good one to emulate. (I'm biased)

Sherfield said that Lillard is his favorite player.

Comment

[TWEET]https://twitter.com/tayloreldridge/status/1149434105362309120?s=20[TWEET]

Comment

Comment

• Aargh
            Aargh commented
            Editing a comment
            That is a crazy hard dunk. He's got to catch in a somewhat unpredictable location and in mid-air switch the ball into his right hand and make the dunk. That's some fast reflexes and some incredible coordination in mid-air in a split second to pull it off.

They are doing something to the practice facility rendering it unusable for awhile. So the men’s team, women’s team and volleyball camps are getting time slots on the court now. May be a run or two at a local high school or even the Heskett. Coaches are recruiting this weekend, I believe?

Comment

• ArtVandalay
            ArtVandalay commented
            Editing a comment
            You can see the new 3 point line is taped on the floor here. Perhaps they are redoing the practice gym first.

• WstateU
            WstateU commented
            Editing a comment
            They/we need to continue to update/remodel/upgrade the practice gym every 2-3 years with state of the art graphics, banners, etc. Let’s face it, it’s an ‘arms race’ and we can’t afford to fall behind. Keep stoking the fire!

• Wuzee
            Wuzee commented
            Editing a comment
            My understanding is that there was extensive water damage in the practice facility that required completely replacing the gym floor and other major repairs. Normally, the floors are in both the practice gym and the arena are just stripped and refinished each year, which takes a week or so. This is an all summer project.

Just think, in a year or two we’ll have a Final Four floor to practice on after we win the first of our Natty’s!

Comment

Originally posted by ArtVandalay View Post
            he even finished with a tomahawk dunk. aac message board blowhards should like that one.

Comment

That's a really impressive dunk. It reminded me of CJ Keyser. I wonder if Dexter has improved his handling of the ball this summer? Go shocks.

Comment

Not necessarily scrimmage related, but I would expect some 21’ offers to come out of this weekend and maybe a 20’ or two.

Lots of players to like.

Comment

Working...
                X