No announcement yet.

Summer Scrimmage reports

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I suppose this could be considered close to a scrimmage report. From ESPN announcer...

Comment

• wichshock65
      wichshock65 commented
      Editing a comment
      My nipples are rock hard!

• C0|dB|00ded
      C0|dB|00ded commented
      Editing a comment
      Not enough physical descriptors...

T

...:cool:

• another shocker
      another shocker commented
      Editing a comment
      that all sounds plausible

If AM starts at the 5, then HCGM wasn't embellishing when he said Asbjorn was the biggest surprise this spring.

Comment

• Cdizzle
      Cdizzle commented
      Editing a comment
      Or he was just the only one to stay healthy. Regardless, I'm excited about the center position.

• OregonShocker
      OregonShocker commented
      Editing a comment
      I thought he turned a corner the last of the season, especially in the NIT run. I was just hoping it was a permanent turn; sounds like it was.

I think there is a chance Asbjorn and Jaime both start in the beginning. They may not be together a lot of minutes but with the lack of experience at the 4 Gregg could start them and then insert the newbies as he sees fit.
    Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• wufan
      wufan commented
      Editing a comment
      I do not think this is likely.

Dennis will likely play the 3 based on the guard depth. Wade is the JYD! That will make him the 4. Jaime can only play 15-20 mpg. Probably AM too. IPBC gets limited minutes to fill and one of our frosh backs up Wade.

and monkeys might fly out my butt

Comment

• WstateU
      WstateU commented
      Editing a comment
      Cue the monkeys...

• ShockTalk
      ShockTalk commented
      Editing a comment
      Wow. That's not a pretty sight WstateU.

Next spring if anyone transfers out... Will be big news... Looks to me a very competitive roster... Exciting times

Comment

• shocks02
      shocks02 commented
      Editing a comment
      Someone always transfers

Putting the previous report that Etienne had the most D1-ready body Rosenboom has seen along with these comments about being tough and having an absurd motor, and guarding for 94'...

...he might be a major rotation player, and possibly a starter by conference time. Stevenson is going to be pushed, but may be a 2/3 backup along with Sherfield.

Just for grins and chuckles, look at this lineup:

PG - Burton, Fernandez
    SG - Etienne, Stevenson/Sherfield
    SF - Dennis, Stevenson/Sherfield
    PF - Wade, Gordon
    C - Midtgaard, Echenique, Chandler

That depth chart uses three 4* recruits as reserves! It also allows Udeze and Bilau to take redshirt years.

Switch Stevenson and Etienne and then there are four 4* guys used as reserves. Looking at the backups at SF being 6'2" and 6'3" seems to be a problem, but Cotton did pretty well at that spot at 6'2".

Looks like Marshall is going to be able to adopt an NBA-like substitution pattern. Not complete line replacements, but he should be able to swap out 2 or 3 guys at any time and keep fresh bodies on the floor. We've seen how that's worked for the Raptors. That solid second unit wins championships, especially if one of the guys on that "second" unit is a lock-down defender and a game closer.

I bet we're going to have some Freshmen going over every minute of film we've got on VanVleet.
    The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• bighouse
      bighouse commented
      Editing a comment
      I think Sherfield at PG and Burton at SF is more likely.

I’m predicting either Etienne or Sherfield with major PG minutes. These guys are more PG than have been given credit. We have 4 PGs on this roster.

Comment

Etienne reminds me of Mo Evans but quicker and 2 inches shorter. He's built like a football player, quick, great shot, and can jump out of the gym!
      Kick 'em square in the grapes! (that can be very painful)

Comment

• wufan
        wufan commented
        Editing a comment
        Dexter Dennis is Mo Evans. Etienne is Cotton. Get it straight!

• Dan
        Dan commented
        Editing a comment
        I think Etienne can guard based on that tweet. They said he’s giving guys fits 90’ from the basket.

• forevershockerfan
        forevershockerfan commented
        Editing a comment
        Would agree with double dribble on this and believe Etienne is going to be quite the Shocker player with serious looks from Pros in his future. Double Dribble knows Shocker Basketball as far back as early after SN began.

He (Etienne) kinda' bears a resemblance to this kid doesn't he?

donovan-mitchell-dunks.jpg
      Last edited by ShockingButTrue; June 29, 2019, 05:19 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by shocks02 View Post
        I suppose this could be considered close to a scrimmage report. From ESPN announcer...

All this talk and Mike O Donnell has not seen any of the players play. I guess that's all we can expect this summer.

Comment

Sherfield Eitiene Dexter Bilau Echinique... imagine that lineup

Comment

Josaphat Bilau is a 6’10” 245LBS Forward from France who played at Spire Academy. A modern big with guard like speed, ball handling, passing and shooting tou...

If the new JB can really play the 3 and 4 and perform the script above by shoxlax, defeating our beloved Shocks in due time with the Squad we have coming in here will be more complex than pulling hens teeth. Still hoping we get some eye witness SN folk that reports on here what they see this summer. Right now I think from what I read that we will be improved over last Season, and better than the Mags will at first think. Then I think the following Season the Shocks will even be better yet, but Mags will be on board with that by then.

Since it is summer and we long for Shocker hoops, the link above deserves another look IMO. Enjoy.
          Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• forevershockerfan
            forevershockerfan commented
            Editing a comment
            Update: The script I referred to be Shoxlax for JB is in the recruiting section under JB. I agree with his synopsis on JB.

• homegrownshocker
            homegrownshocker commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks for sharing the video with us. Really impressed with his work in the gym as that is where it all starts. Looks like he will fit in quite well with some of the current gym rats in the program. Love his big potential as a player along with his length!

Need to get back to the F4. We have some pieces...

Insert "Old Time" (Play Angry) Shocker basketball and we're on our way.

I fantasize about Ron, Fred, and Evan sitting in the corner of the Shocker locker room telling the newbie softies how to play.

T

...:cool:

Comment

Originally posted by forevershockerfan View Post
            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJuxqlRk81A

If the new JB can really play the 3 and 4 and perform the script above by shoxlax, defeating our beloved Shocks in due time with the Squad we have coming in here will be more complex than pulling hens teeth. Still hoping we get some eye witness SN folk that reports on here what they see this summer. Right now I think from what I read that we will be improved over last Season, and better than the Mags will at first think. Then I think the following Season the Shocks will even be better yet, but Mags will be on board with that by then.

Since it is summer and we long for Shocker hoops, the link above deserves another look IMO. Enjoy.
            Thank you so much for that video.. I was hoping to see more of his shooting ability. And this video was great. A lot of guys look good dunking. For example Eric Hamilton and CJ Keyser. But a big man that is only a freshmen shooting like that gives me hope. Go Shocks.

Comment

I'm insanely hyped for next year. Seriously. I haven't been this excited since.... The year before last year. I know we all thought we had national title aspirations only to be eliminated in the first round. That kinda tempered the ol expectations for the following year, especially learning we lost Shamet.

But we overachieved (big time, in my book, especially in light of our start.).

I am hearing such good things about our new guys, plus Gregg is pulling in his most complete recruiting class ever. He now has a bevy of 4* guys. Look what he did to cheating Louisville with a bunch of less rated recruits.

Another Final Four coming. Maybe not next year, but it's coming.
              Last edited by ShockAzs; June 29, 2019, 04:05 PM. Reason: The usual: typos

Comment

Working...
              X