• Show
Clear All

• 2019-2020 Roster

This will only include scholarship players:

SR- Jaime

JR- Asbjorn, Trey Wade*

SO- JB, Dex, Erik, Root Beer, Mo

FR- Gordon*, Etienne*, Fernandez*, Grant*, Josephat*
    Last edited by shock; June 25, 2019, 12:00 AM.
    People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

I'm calling him Root Beer from now on. Auto correct game is strong!

Comment

• shock
      shock commented
      Editing a comment
      That’s not auto correct. Its what I think of when I see IPBC.

How can you not be excited about that group?!

Comment

I'm new here.. but has anyone ever suggested that perhaps a current player would give up their scholarship and pay their own way so we can add another player?

Comment

• shock
        shock commented
        Editing a comment
        Why? Nothing wrong with a player giving up their scholie. Its not unheard of.

• Dan
        Dan commented
        Editing a comment
        I’ve heard of it before when one of the players was a coaches son, can’t remember the school though.

• shocksrbest
        shocksrbest commented
        Editing a comment
        Wasn't it McDermott from Creighton???

I see that we can change font. Is there a generally accepted sarcasm font?

It would be better than actually having to come out and say "this is sarcasm" or wondering how many people won't pick up on it. I would like to officially nominate comic sans

Comment

• ShockerPrez
        ShockerPrez commented
        Editing a comment
        Half the fun is seeing who's meter needs recalibrating.

I wouldn’t be surprised if we added a walkon or two, especially one with size to simulates opponents a little better.

Comment

A roster of tough guards and tough guard forwards the core of this team...definitely a team that can potentially challenge in the AAC, but naturally depending on the development of the 3 frosh guards. Keep your fingers crossed.

Comment

We are very talented, but still very young. It will take a few games to get going. I just hope we don't lay any early turdburgers like Louisiana Tech this past year that torpedo our at large chances.

Comment

Next year will be really fun... The following year will be special.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Pickle View Post
              We are very talented, but still very young. It will take a few games to get going. I just hope we don't lay any early turdburgers like Louisiana Tech this past year that torpedo our at large chances.
              But last year we only had one player (MM) who had any experience. He had a lot of experience (he had won 3 games in the NCAA Tournament). Now we have a lot of experience returning. No NCAA Tournament winning experience but the next best thing with NIT F4 returning experience and returning AAC competition experience. We shouldn't lose to La Tech in our first game again.

Comment

We needed guards. We're getting guards. We need guards that can shoot and feed the post. They will be young, but if they can be decent, we will be much better regardless of experience.

i think we will see a lot of lineups that have 3 in at a time, maybe even 4.

Ball handling and limiting turnovers, wasted possessions, etc will go a long way into improving wins.

If they can play defense and ball hawk relatively quickly, then we'll be rolling before too long.
                "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Pickle View Post
                  LA Tech did not end up being a 'bad' loss. They finished the season 18-13 with a NET of 119. What torpedoed our at-large chances was not getting enough victories over quality teams. But yeah, inexperience was the root cause of not getting an at-large.

Comment

Originally posted by Shockm View Post

But last year we only had one player (MM) who had any experience. He had a lot of experience (he had won 3 games in the NCAA Tournament). Now we have a lot of experience returning. No NCAA Tournament winning experience but the next best thing with NIT F4 returning experience and returning AAC competition experience. We shouldn't lose to La Tech in our first game again.
                    We do actually have NCAA experience through Teddy. He scored in double figures in two of the three NCAA games he's played (Murray State and Villanova).
                    “The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

Papyrus font for trolls would work, since it's really annoying
                      or this one works too.
                      For some the glass is half full and for others half empty. My glass is out of ice.
                      - said no one ever...

Comment

So stoked for this roster. Curious if anyone thinks we aren't completely out of the woods for another transfer though. Could see either a guard or center still departing due to crowding. Hope this isn't the case (aside from getting a serious blue chipper such as Nafaly Dante), but still lingering in the back of my head. Any mumerings underground about this as a possibility?

Comment

• choida
                          choida commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Burton/ Stevenson or Poor Bear/Udeze ...all just speculation based on the topic .
                      Working...
                      X