No announcement yet.

2019-2020 Roster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The biggest logjams are at point guard and center. Take it for what it’s worth, I’d hate to “speculate”.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
      The biggest logjams are at point guard and center. Take it for what it’s worth, I’d hate to “speculate”.
      The good thing is that we will graduate the starter at center, and PT is up in the air for the next three.

The PGs are all underclassmen, so the allure of future opportunity is not necessarily on the horizon.
      Livin the dream

Comment

I think Gregg should petition the NCAA to move to 48 minute games. That way there are more minutes to go around.
        Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

Originally posted by Shocktoberfest View Post
          The secret is to have eight great players and four others who will cheer like crazy. - Jerry Tarkanian
          Gregg could have taught Jerry how to count to 13.
          "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
          ---------------------------------------
          Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
          "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
          "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• WSUwatcher
            WSUwatcher commented
            Editing a comment
            Well, 3G is better at working his way down from 14 than up from 12.

Maybe in Tark's days the scholarship limit was 12. Or maybe he could only afford a maximum of 12 cars, which would also help explain his preference for transfers.

Verbal Commits now has all four incoming freshman listed as 4*

Comment

Honest to God—never thought I’d see the day that WSU was getting four, four-star recruits in the same season. The future is bright, my friends.

Comment

Originally posted by WichitaStateGuy View Post
              Honest to God—never thought I’d see the day that WSU was getting four, four-star recruits in the same season. The future is bright, my friends.
              Indeed, they are 4* and Wade is 2*. Somehow on their AAC list, WSU is 11th best at 2.433 average stars. Somebody needs to revert to the old math.
              Connecticut 3.244
              Temple 3.09
              Tulane 2.852
              UCF 2.683
              Houston 2.679
              South Florida 2.654
              Cincinnati 2.636
              SMU 2.53
              Memphis 2.515
              Tulsa 2.45
              Wichita State 2.433
              East Carolina 2.278
              "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:

Comment

Originally posted by im4wsu View Post

Indeed, they are 4* and Wade is 2*. Somehow on their AAC list, WSU is 11th best at 2.433 average stars. Somebody needs to revert to the old math.
                Connecticut 3.244
                Temple 3.09
                Tulane 2.852
                UCF 2.683
                Houston 2.679
                South Florida 2.654
                Cincinnati 2.636
                SMU 2.53
                Memphis 2.515
                Tulsa 2.45
                Wichita State 2.433
                East Carolina 2.278
                What is your source? I thought that I saw us rated 2nd the latest.

Comment

Connecticut 3.244
                  Temple 3.09
                  Tulane 2.852
                  UCF 2.683
                  Houston 2.679
                  South Florida 2.654
                  Cincinnati 2.636
                  SMU 2.53
                  Memphis 2.515
                  Tulsa 2.45
                  Wichita State 2.433
                  East Carolina 2.278
                  I don't know whose list that is but in general 247 is the considered the leader when it comes to recruiting.

In order to create the most comprehensive Team Recruiting Ranking without any notion of bias, 247Sports Team Recruiting Ranking is solely based on the 247Sports Composite Rating.

We are 3rd in the conference according to them and 35th in the nation.

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

I don't know whose list that is but in general 247 is the considered the leader when it comes to recruiting.

In order to create the most comprehensive Team Recruiting Ranking without any notion of bias, 247Sports Team Recruiting Ranking is solely based on the 247Sports Composite Rating.

We are 3rd in the conference according to them and 35th in the nation.
                    That’s interesting. I must admit that I’ve never prescribed to any of the rating services but their methodology of rating recruits is a mystery. While I’m not speaking against your rating of the rating services, who considers them the #1 rating service? To be honest, I’ve heard comments that Rivals is best or that 247 is best, but I’ve never done any research on it and as I said, they are all a mystery to me.

Scout, Rivals, 247, and there are at least a couple more. If you know of anyone who discusses this, I’d be beholding to you. While I’ve googled the services from time to time, I’ve never seen anyone saying One is better than another and why.

Comment

• RoyalShock
                      RoyalShock commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I believe 247sports bought Scout a couple of years ago.

You want to look at the Composite Ratings on 247Sports. This list compiles all ratings services together. It is the most comprehensive of all the services, including 247 Sports own independent rankings

Comment

Originally posted by Shockm View Post

What is your source? I thought that I saw us rated 2nd the latest.
                      Verbal Commits, the same source for the 4* ratings on our freshmen recruits. Odd, isn't it?

Comment

Verbal Commits, the same source for the 4* ratings on our freshmen recruits. Odd, isn't it?
                        Yes it is. How the sausage is made is not very transparent. As long as they make money, they probably don’t care what others think.

Comment

AM is wearing a boot. What's up with that?
                          Last edited by pinstripers; May 8, 2019, 12:35 PM.

Comment

• WstateU
                            WstateU commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Aa boot? Must be a big one.

• wusphlash
                            wusphlash commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Well, there were those that wanted to give him a boot. Probably a few that still do.
                            Last edited by wusphlash; May 8, 2019, 02:42 PM.

What aboot Asbjorn?
                          Livin the dream

Comment

Working...
                          X