Wichita State's New Gray Uniforms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Mad Hatter View Post
    There has been a photo loaded onto facebook of the team in their white uniforms (although for some reason Ede is in a slightly different uni from everyone else).

Is it just me or does Ron Baker have an aura?
    People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Is the lettering on those arched?

I like them even more!

Comment

For comparison sake, here are the new Jordan home jerseys for the women's team.

"Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

I tweeted Ede this morning, and he said he thinks the jersey he had on was the new one for this year.
          ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

heres and update from sulley on shockwaves. looks like no black uni's this season

Comment

Not sure how I feel about not having black unis. It's going to be really, REALLY weird not seeing us in black when watching on the tube.
              Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
              RIP Guy Always A Shocker
              Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
              ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
              Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
              Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                Not sure how I feel about not having black unis. It's going to be really, REALLY weird not seeing us in black when watching on the tube.
                First thought on no black... I don't like it; I don't like it a lot!
                After more thought, as long as we win and the coaches and players like it, I really don't give a rats a$$ what we wear.

What I like even less is the damn "pulse 360" pop-up ad that I can't close to read the entire Shockwaves article. Bang head!

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

That gray is barely distinguishable from white. How the heck is that going to work as a road jersey? There needs to be more contrast with the home team's whites.

I love dark gray but that light gray sucks. Fail, IMHO.

Comment

Long wave the Yellow and the ......... Gray? Hmm...

Hopefully the Gray is darker than the picture from Sully shows... If they wear that on the road vs. white jerseys, I may have to buy a better TV. :)

Comment

I really like the Gray uniforms.

I really dislike not having Black uniforms.

Gray should be a supplementary uniform. Worn at certain times as a secondary option.

But like @WstateU: said, as long as the players and coaches really enjoy them, then it's fine with me. I don't put much stock in which uniforms we wear as long as we win. That's for sure.
                      ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                        That gray is barely distinguishable from white. How the heck is that going to work as a road jersey? There needs to be more contrast with the home team's whites.

I love dark gray but that light gray sucks. Fail, IMHO.
                        Had the same thought and comment from a friend I work with. They HAVE to be darker than they look in that picture or it's going to cause problems.

And I too was hoping for a dark gray when they were announced. The gold unis would be better for the road as far as differentiating colors.
                        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

“I wanted the gray uniform,” WSU coach Gregg Marshall said. “They’re Jordan, they’re very nice. I think yellow and black trim on gray looks really good."
                          I gotta agree with HCGM on this one, perhaps because the new uniforms conjure nostalgia for one of my favorite pair of shoes from my younger years...BO KNOWS!!!
                          Attached Files

Comment

Agreed - bring the black back!

Comment

Originally posted by Ixiah View Post
                              Agreed - bring the black back!
                              Count me in - sorry but I hate gray - I hate gray suits, I just hate gray.....I hope CGM reconsiders for next season, black is better.

That said - win a few big road games I'll deal with the nauseating visual with pleasure.

Comment

As @RoyalShock pointed out the gray, if it really looks like the photo Sully posted, is hardly distinguishable from the white (more an off-white then a gray). I doubt that NCAA rules would allow us to wear these on the road unless the home team agreed to wear their darker road or alternate color uniforms so that there is adequate contrast between the competing teams. Not sure how much coooperation you will receive from opponents if the intent is to wear this light gray uni on the road.

If we do not have a black uni this year then the yellow may become our standard road uni by default.

Comment

Working...
                                X