No announcement yet.

2019-20 schedule?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunday games avoid being pitted against the Duke/UK/UNC/KU/MSUs of the world to compete for TV ratings on Saturday nights. Big 12 plays most games on Saturdays, so does ACC. Good move by the AAC imo. Allows more games to be put on ESPN/ESPN2.
    "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Still not used to looking at these badass AAC schedules. I freaking love being in this league!

Fun fact: With no trip to ECU this year, Stillwater is the only city we'll play in with an MSA population under 600,000.
      “The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

• This is a real man"'s league. What a schedule for the shocks. You have to come to play every night. Only the strongest baddest dudes will survive.

Comment

• I wonder if the Yurview Ks games will be on ESPN+?
          Rip em up, Tear em up, Give em HELL Shockers!

Comment

• Looking at that schedule, it will be a good year if we win more than 10 conference games.
            Livin the dream

Comment

• The last three years, have been pretty good for the Shockers and their national exposure on the primary

networks.
              Network* 2019-20 2018-19 2017-18 2016-17 2015-16
              TV: YurView/Cox 7 4 4 13 14
              TV: CBS Family 6 12 8 4 3
              TV: ESPN Family 18 13 18 11 10
              TV: ESPN3 0 1 0 3 3
              Totals 31 30 30 31 30

* = does not include Exhibition, post conference tournaments, or national tournaments.

Comment

• More games on the weekend is certainly good for the fans.

Day of Week* 2019-20 2018-19 2017-18 2016-17 2015-16
                Sun 8 5 4 6 5
                Mon 0 0 2 0 1
                Tue 4 3 5 5 3
                Wed 3 6 3 7 7
                Thu 7 3 6 3 3
                Fri 0 2 2 2 2
                Sat 9 11 8 8 9
                Totals 31 30 30 31 30
                Weekend Games 17 16 12 14 14

* = does not include exhibition, post conference tournaments, or national tournaments.

Comment

• So Cox is still involved besides Yurview?

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post
                    So Cox is still involved besides Yurview?
                    I think YurView is the old Cox22
                    Livin the dream

Comment

• WstateU
                      WstateU commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Some of us are now YurView Suckers... :)

• Originally posted by wufan View Post
                    Looking at that schedule, it will be a good year if we win more than 10 conference games.
                    I guess I don’t know enough about the other teams other than Cincy and Memphis to know who else will be good. It sure seems like we could win 12 or more.

Cincy has has a new coach which almost always results in losses that otherwise wouldn’t happen and then Memphis has lots of freshmen, even with their NBA talent, will cause some losses that won’t happen next year for them - though Wiseman and maybe others won’t be there next year.

Comment

• wufan
                      wufan commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Houston will be very good. USF, UConn, and Temple will be similar to WSU, but we should be better. We will be better than SMU, Tulsa, UCF, Tulane, and ECU, but Tulane and ECU will be improved.

Playing top 10 Memphis will be hard to beat. Certainly not impossible, but if I am betting even money, I would take WSU -2. At Houston and at Cincy are also likely losses; WSU -4. At USF, UConn, and Temple will be tough. WSU probably looses 2, WSU -6. Home against Cinci, Houston, Temple, and USF is probably 3 wins. WSU -7.

In order to be better than 10 wins, have to win out the rest of the schedule:

Home and away against Tulsa, UCF, home against Temple, USF, Tulane, and ECU, and away vs SMU.

We are capable of winning every game individually, but counting road victories against Tulsa, SMU and UCF as must wins makes for a difficult goal.

Not saying we won’t do it,

• I think we will be in the top tier ( 1-4 ) and dance. We will be strong at center and if the freshmen live up to expectations we
                    will have a very good perimeter and defense. Power forward is our only real question mark. I believe our three point shooters
                    will surprise on the upside. Tate could be an unexpected pleasant surprise. I predict a 3rd place conference finish and a nine seed.

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post

I think YurView is the old Cox22
                      So can you go to a local Old Chicago, etc. and view those games on the television or are they only on the computer?

Comment

So can you go to a local Old Chicago, etc. and view those games on the television or are they only on the computer?
                        I would call whichever watering hole you are planning on going to and make sure they have the games, but I would bet most places will have it.
                        Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockBand View Post

I would call whichever watering hole you are planning on going to and make sure they have the games, but I would bet most places will have it.
                          Well they all have Cox but I found that they didn’t have web access so thus my question regarding Cox which you didn’t answer. One time the game was on ESPN 3 and I was told they would have the game by an employee but they didn’t. I missed the game but games that came up afterward I was able to make other arrangements.

Comment

Well they all have Cox but I found that they didn’t have web access so thus my question regarding Cox which you didn’t answer. One time the game was on ESPN 3 and I was told they would have the game by an employee but they didn’t. I missed the game but games that came up afterward I was able to make other arrangements.
                            Ah, now I understand the jist of your question. If the game is showing as being on YurView, that is a channel on Cox Cable, having web access should be irrelevant for a sports bar. That is unless they are doing things differently this year. Last year we did have a game or two that were only shown on ESPN3, but those were always marked as ESPN3 if I recall correctly. I think there are actually two YurViews, one on 22 and another on 122, and they don't always have the same programming. Oh, and I live in the Wichita area, so I don't know if the whole YurView thing changes in different areas.
                            Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

• shockrah
                              shockrah commented
                              Editing a comment
                              The ones on Cox have been on ESPN3 outside of the Wichita area in the past. Also, Tulsa Cox carried the games on the Cox channel here in the Tulsa area.

• Shockm
                              Shockm commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Thanks y’all.
                          Working...
                          X