Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wichita State vs Lipscomb (NIT Semifinal)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's kinda weird but I don't feel near as down after that loss as I have in years past. After the start we had this year, every game in the last 20 seemed to be a bonus. Looking forward to next season!
    I won't tolerate rude behavior

Comment

• It’s because this was all free basketball

Comment

• Originally posted by pie n eye View Post

Agreed, let’s fire this guy and bring in someone who will use all the timeouts.
        Do you think Gregg Marshall is Jesus Christ?
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• shoxilla
          shoxilla commented
          Editing a comment
          No but LM is Wonder Woman

• Topshock
          Topshock commented
          Editing a comment
          That's Shocker85

• Seniors did not have a good game and it cost us. Thanks to them for helping us get to a respectable finish and hopefully, they will be successful in whatever they do. Really no point in bashing them nor throwing yourself in front of a moving train to defend them because neither side will change their mind nor does it matter now if they do.
        Of course there will be people that pile on.

Continue to argue if you want but I’m thinking about next year.
        Last edited by shoxlax; April 2, 2019, 09:09 PM.

Comment

• Dont ask Fanmas....he'll say GM thinks he is

Comment

• No way in hell TCU or UT beat the LIP. After playing us, this will be a walk in Central Park. Cue the lovable Pigeons!
            For some the glass is half full and for others half empty. My glass is out of ice.
            - said no one ever...

Comment

• All i know is I'll be happy to see some games next year where our 2 top players arent 4-15 each (or worse)

Comment

• 2-3 solid guards will do wonders for this team... bring ‘em on.
              "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Tonight, the Shocks started out flatter than a pancake and then played solid until 6:46 as chronicled by ShockTalk. Lipscomb played well and played together on both sides of the floor and prevailed. Even so, the Shocks had one impressive finish this Season with some great wins. Hoping they take an overseas basketball summer trip, sign 1 or 2 more recruits, and continue their progress forward for a new and improved Season.
                Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• WuShock16
                  WuShock16 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Summer trip every 4 years so earliest could be 2020, not this summer...

• I am not sure what it looked like on TV, but some of the slow trots back on defense and crazy arguing between non-seniors was a root cause of the loss. Could seniors made more shots? Sure. But the stuff making HCGM lose his mind had very little to do with them.

Comment

• Originally posted by proshox View Post
                  I am not sure what it looked like on TV, but some of the slow trots back on defense and crazy arguing between non-seniors was a root cause of the loss. Could seniors made more shots? Sure. But the stuff making HCGM lose his mind had very little to do with them.
                  And that's part of the problem. Seniors are untouchable.

Comment

• Woodrow
                    Woodrow commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Not anymore.

• NCAABound
                    NCAABound commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Huh? If 3G can lose his **** over the youngins...why not over the seniors over their selfish play?

• Topshock
                    Topshock commented
                    Editing a comment
                    He could but for some reason he almost never will

• Originally posted by proshox View Post
                  I am not sure what it looked like on TV, but some of the slow trots back on defense and crazy arguing between non-seniors was a root cause of the loss. Could seniors made more shots? Sure. But the stuff making HCGM lose his mind had very little to do with them.
                  LMFAO

Seriously, the seniors can do no wrong. Not at all.
                  Deuces Valley.
                  ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• choida
                    choida commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I agree with this... Is what it is

• I'm not happy, but I'm not despairing. We were playing with house money; so was Lipscomb. Ultimately, Lipscomb ended up regrouping and putting on a clinic, and we ended up with a game where our crappy shooting really came back to bite us. Basketball is an easy game when you are making shots, and it got hard tonight. Credit Lipscomb: they performed better. They shot better shots, they did what they needed on defense to make us uncomfortable, they recognized opportunities to get free points, and they read that the refs weren't calling anything but on-ball fouls.

Let me be clear here: Lipscomb came with a plan. They put their feet in the paint and only let one guy head out to guard the ball. When we drove, they had three guys nearby. When we passed to the post, they had three guys in defensive position. They dared us to shoot, and we had a cold game. That's just good coaching and playing to your outs. And when the going got tough, we went iso and they kept executing back-cuts and moving screens off dribble handoffs to get Matthews open. Our drives were uncomfortable, our posts were uncomfortable, and our shots were off. Ball game. We should learn from the way Lipscomb passed the ball and kept their mentality.

The only time in the entire game a Shocker felt comfortable was early in the first when Dexter hit back to back threes. We responded with drives into three men twice in a row while Dexter begged for the ball, and when he finally got the shot his man got a good read and blocked the shot. When a 'poor' defensive team executes like that, they deserve a lot of credit. Ultimately, we didn't have a single good offensive possession for about the last 8 minutes, and that was a credit to a senior-led team playing smart ball and an inexperienced team getting frustrated.

Ultimately, we win this game if we don't allow 7 points from free layups after a made basket. We win this game if Echinique isn't ice cold and can pull his man to the top of the key with his shooting. We win this game if we hit a few more threes. We win this game if Markis doesn't step on a puddle and slip. We win this game if run our high pick and roll with confidence and find our shooters instead of going iso.

That sucks. It was within our grasp. But I'm not despairing, because unlike Lipscomb, we will have a chance to learn from this. We will have another chance to get back on defense. We will have a team with more shot makers. We will learn our lessons, and we will get back to the big ride, and this game is going to help us do that. It sucks for our seniors to go out like that, but they should hold their heads high because we'd never have gotten here without them.

Comment

• choida
                    choida commented
                    Editing a comment
                    The entire season sums up how we played in this game. They had experience that we didn't. We overachieved due to 3G. We should appreciate that we have a great coach.

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                  Never saw a game with this many "stepped out of bounds" calls

Perhaps the three point line doesn’t allow as much for their big feet
                  "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                  ---------------------------------------
                  Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                  "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                  "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• Reading Taylor’s article makes its even more of a head scratching finish.

No FGs in the last 8 minutes? Ouch.
                    The Assman

Comment

Working...
                    X