Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wichita State vs Lipscomb (NIT Semifinal)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think Lipscomb out toughed us. They are a team full of juniors and seniors that knew how to dig down at the end and do enough to win. We have done that in many of the past years to other teams. Congrats to them and I can't wait for next year.
    I won't tolerate rude behavior

Comment

• I'm pulling this from the ESPN play-by-play. (some plays not included)

Up 61-50 with 8:14 to go.

Missed 2 by SHJ 13 seconds into the possession
      Missed 3 by MM 14 seconds into the possession
      Missed 3 by SHJ 11 seconds into the possession

To this point, we still had an 11 point lead with 6:46 left.

We were outscored 3-21 from that mark.

For the game, SHJ and MM shot 29%. The rest of the team shot 41%

Comment

• JVShocker
        JVShocker commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you. Confirms what I thought I watched.

• That was 4.3 million worth of piss poor end game management - it was HS level at best. No, not even HS level.
      FVV probably put a bag over his head when exiting so no one knew who he was associated with.

They were a bridge - but tonight they were more concerned about putting on a show than playing for the team. I for one, am glad they are moving on.

That is all.
      Above all, make the right call.

Comment

• Shocker85
        Shocker85 commented
        Editing a comment
        Dumbest thing I've read on the internet today.

• We got chuccccccccccchhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhheeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeedddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd!
      For some the glass is half full and for others half empty. My glass is out of ice.
      - said no one ever...

Comment

• Several bone head plays that killed us earlier in the game or we would have been ahead 16 with
        seven to go. RT's terrible pass that led to a quick three and SHJ's bad pass and foul for two more.
        Didn't get back on defense THREE times. ALL those things came back to haunt us, but great season !

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
          I'm pulling this from the ESPN play-by-play. (some plays not included)

Up 61-50 with 8:14 to go.

Missed 2 by SHJ 13 seconds into the possession
          Missed 3 by MM 14 seconds into the possession
          Missed 3 by SHJ 11 seconds into the possession

To this point, we still had an 11 point lead with 6:46 left.

We were outscored 3-21 from that mark.

For the game, SHJ and MM shot 29%. The rest of the team shot 41%
          The pro-WSU senior can-do-no-wrong fan club will ignore this.
          Deuces Valley.
          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• NCAABound
            NCAABound commented
            Editing a comment
            Or they'll just continue to bury their head in the sand and spout falsehoods

• ShockTalk
            ShockTalk commented
            Editing a comment
            I love HCGM, but he also laid a big egg in those key minutes of losing an 11 point lead.

• Woodrow
            Woodrow commented
            Editing a comment
            Hard to ignore. It was pretty obvious. Love our guys but the basketball IQ was not there tonight with our seniors.

• Meltdown mode has come and gone. I'm sane now. Yeah, it stinks to lose in the manner in which we did. Beating yourselves is a tough pill to swallow but hey, it happens. Kudos to the Lips, I hope they face Texas and beat Shaka Kahn.

We were able to get a 20 plus win season, and get valuable experience for the younger group. Good luck to the Seniors in their future endeavors.

Comment

• Overall, we played like the team had stayed up all night watching film from earlier in the season and playing my patented (and trademarked) RMS 2018-2019 Shocker Basketball Drinking Game.

Much like me the morning after a game, they were lethargic, uninspired, and mentally challenged. I guess it's time to retire the RMS 2018-2019 Shocker Basketball Drinking Game.

With that said, it was a helluva ride. Looking forward to next year. Hopefully slightly less beer and a lot more wins!
            "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

• NCAABound
              NCAABound commented
              Editing a comment
              Oh dear Lord RMS...don't make me go back there. I had some rough nights!!

• Rocky Mountain Shock
              Rocky Mountain Shock commented
              Editing a comment
              The first 10 games or so were brutal...from what I remember.

• I am still in shock that 4.3 million/year just stood there and watched the opponent go a 21-3 end game surge and other than a few shakes of his wrist watch, just watched it happen.

Unfricking believable.

That is all.

Comment

• Dan
              Dan commented
              Editing a comment
              He was letting his seniors decide the outcome.

• Shocker85
              Shocker85 commented
              Editing a comment

• Topshock
              Topshock commented
              Editing a comment
              When DD picked up his 3rd foul with 8 minutes to go I knew he would be taken out. Then he an JE just sat on the bench as all of our momentum and most of the lead disappeared. GM would rather lose than have a player foul out.

• Originally posted by shoxilla View Post
            We got chuccccccccccchhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhheeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeedddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd!
            We got chuched?
            Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

• Is everyone over it yet? Y'all know deep down inside. We overachieved.... And this is ok. Let's look forward to next year and the players coming in and our returning core. Blowing a lead is nothing new, and we all know it. Goshox

Comment

• The seniors were not good. They both have the tendency to try to put the team on their shoulders when we are struggling and they did not disappoint in that regard tonight. Sometimes it works out and sometimes it’s really ugly. Time to move on.

Comment

• ES is a badass.
                  The play he made with the steal / recovery / resteal / full speed behind the back dribble / dish to someone who redished to SHMFJ for the dagger-seal-the-win- I'm tired of messin with you-ain't no freakin Bufflers in Tennessee- LipscombU game-set-match-dagger 3 was the play of the game.
                  SHMFJ missed.
                  Lo, I am ruptured.
                  For some the glass is half full and for others half empty. My glass is out of ice.
                  - said no one ever...

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockRef View Post
                    I am still in shock that 4.3 million/year just stood there and watched the opponent go a 21-3 end game surge and other than a few shakes of his wrist watch, just watched it happen.

Unfricking believable.

That is all.
                    Agreed, let’s fire this guy and bring in someone who will use all the timeouts.

Comment

• ShockTalk
                      ShockTalk commented
                      Editing a comment
                      pie n eye, I like your posts, but your statement here is exaggerated. I'm not sure that ShockRef s was.

• Topshock
                      Topshock commented
                      Editing a comment
                      GM is definitely not above criticism. His game management when Jans isn't beside him has been suspect always. Hoping one of the present assistants will become brave enough to help in the future.

• Originally posted by pie n eye View Post

Agreed, let’s fire this guy and bring in someone who will use all the timeouts.
                    Pie,
                    Don't try and tell me me you think this was well managed end game scenario? You aren't that drunk are you?

21-3... no more exhibits to present, Your Honor.

That is all.

Comment

• Shocker85
                      Shocker85 commented
                      Editing a comment

• Topshock
                      Topshock commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Actually it isn't Shocker85, and that isn't even counting the 3 you have made.
                  Working...
                  X