Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
    LOLoyola.

Why would Porter leave the next big mid major power???
    Exactly .. I mean he definitely followed up his final four (that he lucked into 5 games without having to play a 1 or 2 seed) with a great season ...

oh wait... whats that?

He missed the tourney the next year?

hmmmm.....

Comment

• If Moser can parlay that one magical run on the strength of Sister Jean's prayers into a coaching job at St. John's, more power to him.

Meanwhile, Loyola just becomes the next reprise of 2006 George Mason...

Comment

• Comment

• choida
          choida commented
          Editing a comment
          It's a lateral move at best... Good for him

• Good for Porter, Loyola, and coaches all over the country. Coached where you're loved. Stay where you're happy.

Comment

• DUShock
          DUShock commented
          Editing a comment
          It is nice to see this.

• BIG EAST rejected by a one-hit Valley wonder.

OUCH.
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Serious question, brought on by pondering St. John’s situation:

Which type of school would be more difficult to have success as a head coach, an outpost with no obvious recruiting pipelines or a large city with such a insane-high-cost of living that it’s more challenging to keep continuity with assistant coaches (who AREN’T making millions)?

I’ll give comparable conference schools to make my point.

USC or Texas Tech (before Chris Beard)?
          St. John’s or Creighton?
          San Jose State or Wyoming?
          George Mason or Drake?
          78-65

Comment

• Good for Moser. Can't fault a guy for wanting to stay at a place he enjoys instead of just chasing money.
            "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

• Comment

• That's just a clickbait article, but I have to admit this was funny:

"Most boosters expected Jankovich to produce similar results as Larry Brown (except do it legally)"
                "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

• Frank Haith rumored to be interviewing at St. Johns

Comment

• Brain Gregory at South Florida apparently is the smartest!
                    "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                    ---------------------------------------
                    Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                    "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                    "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• Mike Repole, a major booster and alumnus of St. John’s, went scorched earth on the university’s administration Wednesday, blaming it for the sad state of the basketball program and the wayward coac…

Man, St. John's sounds like a really great gig with supportive boosters. This douchebag just added a mil or so to the price tag for the next coach just to make himself look good on radio.
                      β€œThe rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'”

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post
                        LOVE the commentary on Jank. LMAO!
                        Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

• WSUwatcher
                          WSUwatcher commented
                          Editing a comment
                          The guy is in serious need of an editor (as is so often the case with Internet punditry), but his conclusions certainly seem at least reasonable. Houston could probably make a case for Sampson as #1 at this point, but even then Marshall would surely be #2, and with WSU's retooling behind him the future looks bright for him to solidify the top spot in most people's eyes. Plus, how long can Sampson stay out of trouble?

• Roger Rubin‏@RogRubin 1h1 hour ago
                        • Copy link to Tweet
                        • Embed Tweet

I'm hearing Mike Anderson gets the st. John's gig. #sjubb

Comment

• Probably about as good as St. Johns could hope for at this point. Lol.

Comment

• choida
                            choida commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Don't you mean that the other way around?

• Wuzee
                            Wuzee commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Both.

• MikeKennedyRulZ
                            MikeKennedyRulZ commented
                            Editing a comment
                            I don't know. Possibly. I still think St. Johns is the lucky one in this deal. Not a bad coach and they were struggling to get anybody.
                        Working...
                        X