No announcement yet.

Coaching Changes 2018-2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apparently we are not going to get comfort on this soon. No name is getting any momentum.

Comment

• You may as well get comfortable. The chances they land a top notch coach this late in the year is not very good. Most Head coaches are relaxing, recruiting for next year, and doing late planning for next year. For most, the bad taste of how their year ended, or restlessness for a new adventure has ended with a new gig or worn off. While finding a new hot coach is not without possibility for Michigan, chances are not very good and I would say 25-40% at best. They would most likely have to settle for an Asst. Coach which is possible.

More likely,they will end up hiring an interim coach this late in the year. But for those of you who insist on being worry warts, I could be wrong, and there is always a chance.

Comment

• Something no one has mentioned; WHY would he jump to the NBA now, knowing he's leaving Mich high and dry? Were there problems with AD or administration that could keep another coach from taking the job?

Comment

• I'm not concerned at all about Michigan. It's cold there, Marshall has stated he wont go north.

Shaka appears to be one of their top candidates. I am a bit concerned if Texas opens back up though.

Comment

• I hope they hire Chris Jans. If they hire Shaka I hope Texas hires Chris Jans. If they hire Gregg Marshall I hope we hire Chris Jans.
          Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

• WstateU
            WstateU commented
            Editing a comment
            Texas isn't big enough for Gregg Marshall... :)

• Dan
            Dan commented
            Editing a comment
            Too many alumni running things at Texas for Gregg’s liking

• Originally posted by BOBB View Post
          I hope they hire Chris Jans. If they hire Shaka I hope Texas hires Chris Jans. If they hire Gregg Marshall I hope we hire Chris Jans.
          I'm sensing a trend here ... can't quite put my finger on it though

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
            I'm not concerned at all about Michigan. It's cold there, Marshall has stated he wont go north.

Shaka appears to be one of their top candidates. I am a bit concerned if Texas opens back up though.
            Why in hell would anybody hire Shaka? Seriously?

Comment

• Shoxthemonkey
              Shoxthemonkey commented
              Editing a comment
              The Wake Forest board was all agog at the chance to get Shaka before they hired whoever it was they got. Makes little sense, but, there you go.

• WSUwatcher
              WSUwatcher commented
              Editing a comment
              Excellent question, pin. He's one of those guys who's trendy, but you ask why and end up shaking your head. From Shaka's standpoint, moving before his seat becomes too (the old McDermott switcheroo) makes sense, but why a school would choose to cooperate in that sort of ploy isn't clear.

• "Michigan Basketball: Big names ruled out in head coaching search" - FanSided Sports

by Chris Peterson
            Posted: 05/16/19, 1:00om cst

Michigan basketball expressed interest in some high-profile targets but big names like Brad Stevens and Billy Donovan, among others, aren't interested.

"...according to Sam Webb of the Michigan Insider ($), we can already rule out Stevens, Donovan and Greg Marshall of Wichita State....the fact that Marshall isn’t a serious candidate shouldn’t come as a huge surprise. Michigan isn’t the first big school to come after him and it won’t be the last. He just doesn’t seem ready to leave and at the very least, he’s not leaving to be the head coach of Michigan basketball...."

Comment

• All of these names make a little sense to me except for Frank Martin.

"Otherwise, Manuel could be choosing between Juwan Howard, Smart, Jordan, Dawkins, Martin or Krystkowiak."

The others seem to have been on the hot seat at one time or another, and Howard and Jordan have Michigan or Belein roots.

Comment

• Why has Juwan Howard not been hired already?

Comment

• I really like that news!!!!!!
                  FINAL FOURS:
                  1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                  1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                  Number of Times Ranked: 157
                  Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                  Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                  Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                  #3 - Dec. 2017
                  #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                  #2 ~ March 2014
                  Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Cautiously optimistic!

Comment

• Is that like being "cautiously optimistic" that your shadow isn't going to leap off the ground and attack you, Ashock?

Comment

• Hopefully, that is the perfect analogy

Comment

• I have the feeling that HCGM doesn’t give a rats patootie about those alumni. Just my opinion

Comment

Working...
                          X