Official NCAA Tournament Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Maizerunner08 View Post
    As another poster mentioned, amazing how this tournament has been almost all chalk. No Cinderella this year.
    If UC Irvine doesnt make it (down 12 at half), then there wont be any mid-majors in the sweet 16. (Obviously I dont count Gonzaga as a mid-major)

That's crazy to me. Takes some of the magic out of the tourney.
    "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Originally posted by shockerfan View Post

If UC Irvine doesnt make it (down 12 at half), then there wont be any mid-majors in the sweet 16. (Obviously I dont count Gonzaga as a mid-major)

That's crazy to me. Takes some of the magic out of the tourney.
      Gonzaga isn’t a Cinderella and they’ve proven themselves to be a universal competitor with an Top 10 team. However, the WCC is a mid-major conference as they are the only WCC team who wouldn’t be a Cinderella team. The PAC 12 isn’t a mid-major conference but they are the 7th best basketball conference and they are rated quite a bit higher than the WCC. The WCC is closest to the MWC. If St. Mary’s hadn’t defeated Gonzaga in their tourney, the WCC would have been a 1 bid conference.

Comment

• Originally posted by Maizerunner08 View Post
        As another poster mentioned, amazing how this tournament has been almost all chalk. No Cinderella this year.
        zzzzzzzz
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• I’ve kind of had Altman on ignore mode since he put KU out of our misery a couple of years ago but now I’m back to finding his face punchable again.

Comment

• wusphlash
            wusphlash commented
            Editing a comment
            Don't you have to thank him a little bit for Malcolm's transfer.

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

Gonzaga isn’t a Cinderella and they’ve proven themselves to be a universal competitor with an Top 10 team. However, the WCC is a mid-major conference as they are the only WCC team who wouldn’t be a Cinderella team. The PAC 12 isn’t a mid-major conference but they are the 7th best basketball conference and they are rated quite a bit higher than the WCC. The WCC is closest to the MWC. If St. Mary’s hadn’t defeated Gonzaga in their tourney, the WCC would have been a 1 bid conference.
          Ummm...yeah....like I said. No mid-majors in the sweet 16......
          "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Way to go UH! Next year the American is getting 3 in the Sweet 16 though.

Comment

• Still hope for UC Irvine though!

Comment

• Thought the last block by Oregon was an obvious goal tend. Nevertheless the Oregon player can jump through the roof.
                Shocker fan for life after witnessing my first game in person, the 80-74 win over the #12 Creighton Bluejays at the Kansas Coliseum.

Comment

• Two years in a row an AAC team misses out on the Sweet 16 in heartbreaking fashion.

Glad Houston could exersise their demons from last year and hope UCF gets the chance next season.
                  The Assman

Comment

• Good job Cougs. Wished UCF was joining you. Should be.

Comment

• More phantom calls for the bigs schools. literally no one touch him.
                      The Assman

Comment

• Nice job for UH doing what they're supposed to do. Would be excellent for them to make UK fans cry into the night next week.
                        Deuces Valley.
                        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Houston beats Kentucky. Calling it now.

Comment

• Well the American has as many teams in the S16 as the Mighty B12

Comment

• Amin (player Marshall brought in for visit) playing great defense...

Comment

• Shock Top
                                Shock Top commented
                                Editing a comment
                                Making and banking in 3s too
                            Working...
                            X