No announcement yet.

Clemson . . .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wonder if local establishments will have our game on in competition with NCAA games.

Comment

Ole Marty Simmons is an assistant at Clemson now

Comment

Hopefully the ghost of evansvilled past doesn’t come back to haunt us
        Hows my post? send me feedback at 1-800-f$%k-off

Comment

• WstateU
          WstateU commented
          Editing a comment
          We sure don't want to get Clemsoned...

I'm thinking Dexter will have to be a bigger factor against Clemson if the Shocks are going to go marching on. In any case when the Shocks go marching on I want be among their number.

Comment

Anyone know where this will be broadcast?
          I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Originally posted by kcshocker11 View Post
            Anyone know where this will be broadcast?
            ESPN.

Comment

Clemson goes 9-10 deep and have 3 guys averaging double figures. Reed is the main guy averaging 19 PPG and is the PG at 6’3”. Size wise, they are about like us but they start 4 seniors. Our biggest challenge will be dealing with their experience. They don’t light it up from 3 but they have a handful of capable shooters. It’s going to be a tough game - men vs boys, but we can win if we bring our A game.

Comment

• choida
                choida commented
                Editing a comment
                That's the thing .. We don't bring our "A" game consistently enough... But Clemson is where they are as well because they haven't really beaten anyone this entire year either... Let's hope we get out with a dub.

We can win if we keep the crowd out of the game.

I crack myself up.
              "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

Against really good teams, our depth, rebounding, and defense may not be good enough to win. We are an average shooting team at best, and below average at worst. We shoot around 30 percent from 3. While we don't have very many high volume shooters except for MM, teams sagging off like Furman did, can hurt us because our size advantage will be lessened against Clemson. That's why next year, we need another shooter or two if we want to go to the top imo.

Duff shot ok 8-17 (took a couple of bad shots but made some tough shots too). Samajae hit some big shots in the 2nd half but was a low volume shooter against Furman. Dexter was a non factor on offense, Ricky hit a couple of nice shots but isn't a real offensive factor. Stephenson had a really nice shooting game but is still a low volume shooter and JB shot ok but doesn't take many shots either. Echineque was the reason we won the game and against Clemson, our size advantage will be less. We have to make up our offensive woes by rebounding and playing defense. Hopefully, it will be enough against a good Clemson team and we win a close game.

Comment

• Dan
                  Dan commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I'm not really looking at the Furman game as a barometer. Furman's style is nothing like what we'll see against Clemson. Our best shot at beating Furman was to beat them underneath due to our size advantage and figure out how to deal with Rafferty. Clemson will be a more traditional matchup like we see in the AAC. I think our posts will be fine against their big guy and I think our perimeter guys can defend theirs. I don't see anything unusual about this matchup, it's gonna come down to who is making plays and making shots. It sounds simple but that's not always the case. The most interesting part will be how we handle Reed. Can Samaje handle him? If it's not him, that means we put Dennis or Burton on him and Samaje ends up defending a much bigger player. Also, I'm concerned that Erik and Torres may be outmatched in this game. We need everyone to contribute as I don't see any weird matchups that benefit one side or the other.

What's your obsession with volume shooting? We don't need 1 guy shooting all of the shots. We need a bunch of guys moving around, getting the best shot when available. One of the reasons we were so bad on offense this year was because we were one of, if not the worst, assist teams in the Marshal era. Marshall's teams are designed to run offense, pass the ball, and get assists. This ain't Hutch Juco.
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
                  Clemson goes 9-10 deep and have 3 guys averaging double figures. Reed is the main guy averaging 19 PPG and is the PG at 6’3”. Size wise, they are about like us but they start 4 seniors. Our biggest challenge will be dealing with their experience. They don’t light it up from 3 but they have a handful of capable shooters. It’s going to be a tough game - men vs boys, but we can win if we bring our A game.
                  Shelton Mitchell, their 3rd leading scorer, 2nd assist person and 1 of the 3 double digit scorers is out for the season.

Comment

• Dan
                    Dan commented
                    Editing a comment
                    that will help

• WuDrWu
                    WuDrWu commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Is he? I know he didn't play against Wright State, but I thought I heard his injury is meniscus related and more about what pain he can endure. I don't want to see any kid get hurt, no matter how good or bad it hurts the Shocks chances....I only bring it up because if he hasn't been ruled out he could possibly do a Willis Reed on Sunday.

Originally posted by ISASO View Post
                  I wonder if local establishments will have our game on in competition with NCAA games.
                  Since the WSU game is early on Sunday afternoon, it might have limited competition from the NCAA Tournament. It seems like CBS gets exclusive exposure for first two games (11:00am and 1:30ish) and then the rest of Sunday games are late afternoon or evening scattered through the other channels (though CBS seems to take another game in the mid-late afternoon..see 78-65 game).

Provided that there is no 1-16 upset, I would guess that the Columbia site (Duke and Virginia playing there) will get the two early games on Sunday since Jim Nantz and crew have that assignment.
                  78-65

Comment

Most of the games have that we’ve won this year has been because of our rebounding, defense, and scrappiness. We haven’t been an efficient offensive team all year. When we aren’t hitting shots, I’m glad we aren’t shooting a lot of shots.

In the past, when we went to the Final 4 and when we beat KU, and other Top teams we tended to be hot and hitting shots. We can beat a lot of teams with defense and rebounding but not Houston and Cincy. We need to have some better shooters like Cumberland. Landry, for example may not have shot enough.

My wish list for a shooter begins with GS from Sunrise.
                    Last edited by Shockm; March 21, 2019, 12:16 PM.

Comment

• pie n eye
                      pie n eye commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Defense, rebounding, and limiting turnovers has and I think always will be the most important ingredient of our success. Of course every team is different so it can vary at times, like last years team wasn’t great defensively. I imagine we will continue to try and bring in as many “makers” as possible but shooting and offense can come and go on any given night no matter how talented you are. Defense, rebounding, and limiting turnovers is something you can control each game for the most part.

• WstateU
                      WstateU commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Well said pie!

Looks like they start some beef up front. 2 guys around 250. They aren’t the tallest front court though, 6’9” and 6’7”. Their 3 is also 6’8” 220. Defensively our 4’s and 3’s May have their hands full. Their guards are all pretty lengthy too. Looks like the smallest guard they play is 6’3”. Good news is they have almost no depth. Should be a fun game.

Comment

• TigerBob
                      TigerBob commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Hey all! Clemson fan here! This is great basketball talk. Everything I've read seems to be pretty accurate. We should/ could have better depth, but coach Brownell puts a heavy emphasis on "D" and apparently his system takes a year or two to learn. Meanwhile our "bigs" get in foul trouble and our guards are over-worked. Don't get me wrong I like the guy and think he is a good coach, but as a fan I've seen more than one guy come off the bench start creating some energy on the offensive side of the court, only to not rotate over on a weak side defensive stop and get benched. Anyway, I don't like our chances now that Mitchell is gone for the season.

• TigerBob
                      TigerBob commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Hey all! Clemson fan here! This is great basketball talk. Everything I've read seems to be pretty accurate. We should/ could have better depth, but coach Brownell puts a heavy emphasis on "D" and apparently his system takes a year or two to learn. Meanwhile our "bigs" get in foul trouble and our guards are over-worked. Don't get me wrong I like the guy and think he is a good coach, but as a fan I've seen more than one guy come off the bench start creating some energy on the offensive side of the court, only to not rotate over on a weak side defensive stop and get benched. Anyway, I don't like our chances now that Mitchell is gone for the season.

• Dan
                      Dan commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Your comment about the guy getting benched perfectly describes our 3rd center Chandler. Creates some excitement on offense then misses an assignment on D and gets pulled.

HERE'S THE DEAL...CLEMSON LOST TO NEBRASKA...AT CLEMSON.

10 POINT SHOCKER WIN.

Comment

• Dan
                      Dan commented
                      Editing a comment
                      And we lost to Louisiana Freaking Tech at home.
                  Working...
                  X