Clemson . . .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by molly jabali View Post
    HERE'S THE DEAL...CLEMSON LOST TO NEBRASKA...AT CLEMSON.

10 POINT SHOCKER WIN.
    Should be obvious why this is a bad take, this year.

Comment

Clemson basically has a short bench. While playing 9 over 30 games this year, 7 through 9 average less than 10 minutes a game. Their main 6 players average 24-35 mpg and if Mitchell is out, that's 33 minutes for others to pick up.

Reed, PG, is a do it all guy. 35 mpg, 19.5 ppg, 5.7 rpg, 3.1 assists, best steals 2.1pg, best 3pt at 37%, and best FT 84.5%. However, if Mitchell is out, their next best FT shooter is 73%. As a team, they are 73.4% and outside of Reed and injured Mitchell, the rest of the team is 64%.

Clemson's assists pg is 12.3 while their TOs pg is 13.3. With Mitchell out, that ratio gets worse as he was their best A/T ratio player.

As a team, they shoot 32.9% from 3. Reed and forward Skara are their best at 36-37%.

Thomas, 6'9" 245, is a beast on the boards at 7.8pg. He had 10 double digit rebound games and another 8 games of 8-9 rebounds. He's also their 2nd leading scorer at 13.1. However, he only plays 25.5mpg and probably not due conditioning, but fouls. He has fouled out of 4 games and gotten 4 fouls in another 13 games this season. Thomas playing his average or over minutes should be key for Clemson success, particularly if Mitchell is out. About half of Clemson's losses have been when he has 4 or 5 fouls.

Comment

10 POINT SHOCKER WIN.
        Thanks for bringing irrelevance to the table.
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• asiseeit
          asiseeit commented
          Editing a comment
          and we lost to La tech.......can't judge a team on one game. they will be VERY tough and
          favored to win

10 POINT SHOCKER WIN.
        Uh? Nebraska also beat tournament teams, Minnesota, Maryland, Iowa and Seton Hall as well as NIT tourney teams Creighton, Indiana and Butler. Oh and they've won 18 games too. I don't understand your logic.

Comment

9.5 point dogs? That’s seems a little high...and when I mean “a little,” I really mean A LOT.
          78-65

Comment

• Maizerunner08
            Maizerunner08 commented
            Editing a comment
            Uh yeah, I’m betting the under all day long. I bet that line ends up at -5 though

• WSUwatcher
            WSUwatcher commented
            Editing a comment
            Wow -- too bad I'm not near a betting parlor right now (sorry; don't trust the Internet). I don't see that at all. I know it's in line with KenPom's ratings, but Furman was a 5+ point KenPom favorite over the Shocks, too.

Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post
          9.5 point dogs? That’s seems a little high...and when I mean “a little,” I really mean A LOT.
          Added motivation. Not that the Shox need it but here it is.

Comment

Against world-beater Clemson in that raucous environment? Nah.
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

9.5 point dogs seems about right to a highly respected basketball program that had a great season and has great players and a raucous home atmosphere.

Oh wait, right, we're playing Clemson instead.
              "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

Line Movements for Shockers vs Tigers provided by VegasInsider.com, along with more ncaab information for your sports gaming and betting needs.

Clemson has now moved to 8.0+ favorites (as of 6:00pm est)

Comment

We're playing with house money. If we lose, we were supposed to. I hope Play Angry is resurrected in Clemson, SC this Sunday.

Comment

The shocks playing better on the road with more experience. This is not the same team it was in November. Not sure how it will turn out but I think our boys will compete. Go shocks beat Clemson.

Comment

• 1979Shocker
                      1979Shocker commented
                      Editing a comment
                      We're definitely playing better, but we're still a bad shooting team, but only from the field. We're usually pretty good from the line. That rule change on free throws they're trying out in the NIT where it's a one-plus-one will help a bad free throw shooting team.

If everything works out right, it sure would be fun to beat one of the Miller brothers AGAIN!

Comment

We play on ESPN? This is big

Comment

• 1979Shocker
                        1979Shocker commented
                        Editing a comment
                        If we were playing Furman in the second round, it wouldn't be on ESPN. It's only on ESPN because it's an ACC school we're playing.

This is not going to be a cake walk people. They are an elite defensive team. Many of their losses were only by a few points to ranked teams. Don’t take this team lightly.

Comment

• wichshock65
                        wichshock65 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Meh, Shocks by 20.

(Yes, total homer post)

Originally posted by Jhook89 View Post
                      This is not going to be a cake walk people. They are an elite defensive team. Many of their losses were only by a few points to ranked teams. Don’t take this team lightly.
                      Phew! Luckily, no matter how lightly or seriously I take Clemson, it will have nothing to do with Marshall's and the Shocks' prep. :poster_wsu::biggrin-new:

Comment

Working...
                      X