No announcement yet.

Wichita State at Furman Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• High level game. Hope y’all beat Clemson.

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxilla View Post
      RT outscores DD
      JE-AM 25-20 double-double
      ES best freshman 6th man ever...???... maybe not but nice time to get in the conversation
      lordy........................

Ever since the game at Tulsa good things have happened when RT is on the floor.

Comment

• Originally posted by gman View Post
        High level game. Hope y’all beat Clemson.
        Dont be a stranger!
        Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

• Good road win against a solid team. I think that demonstrates good progression at this point. I think when we reverted to some senior hero ball toward the end of the game, that made it closer than it should have been. I'm glad the seniors had a strong final 2 minutes.

On to Clemson.

Comment

• Originally posted by gman View Post
            High level game. Hope y’all beat Clemson.
            Find a yellow shirt and head on over to CLEMPSON Sunday to root on the Shockers. The more the merrier! Furman is all class.
            Robin Roberts: "My mother used to say, when you strut, you stumble."

Comment

• Originally posted by jdmee View Post
              • Teams will be awarded two free throws for every foul committed under two minutes remaining in each half.
              Why was McDuff not shooting fouls on the back court pass?

EDIT

Not that I am complaining. It did benefit us.
              Above statement is incorrect. It’s after SECOND fouls under two minutes. That was their 1st under 2 and 4th in last 10 minutes. Espn graphic was wrong

Comment

• ShockerDropOut
                ShockerDropOut commented
                Editing a comment
                Thank you

• ShockBand
                ShockBand commented
                Editing a comment
                With the experimental rules, here are my feelings.

Three point line farther out and wider lane - fine.
                20 second shot clock after offensive rebounds - fine if we don't have clock operator issues (NBA probably pays better than Bassackwards State for clock operators)
                Reset team foul count to 0 at the ten minute mark and only shoot 2 FTs for fouls in the bonus - fine, but c'mon if we are going to do this you might as well go to 10 minute quarters - do media TOs at the under 5 of each quarter and take a 2 1/2 or 3 minute commercial break between quarters
                Bonus from the 2nd foul onward under two minutes - pass

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post
              I said early in the season, this team won't even make the NIT. Crow never tasted so good.

I have come here to chew bubblegum and eat crow, and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Rowdy Roddy Piper
              "Hank Iba decided he wouldn't play my team anymore. He told me that if he tried to get his team ready to play me, it would upset his team the rest of the season." Gene Johnson, WU Basketball coach, 1928-1933.

Comment

• Would love to play Memphis or CU in the semis

Comment

• Originally posted by rjl View Post
                  Did anyone else get strong "UNI" vibes from this Furman team? Good outside shooting, combined with an undersized, yet great post player?
                  Here I was thinking it was all the purple.

Comment

• Originally posted by rjl View Post
                    Did anyone else get strong "UNI" vibes from this Furman team? Good outside shooting, combined with an undersized, yet great post player?
                    Thinking Iowa State myself. Great team win in a tough environment.

Now we need some input from Joerg...

Comment

• Originally posted by Bluzrover View Post
                      That was a very nice road win (remember those my friends?) against a really tough team. Hat's off to Furman, they played great defense and Rafferty is the real deal. I'm hoping God's Bear learns from the film this week. He let a little guy school him in the paint there for a few minutes. Let's skin some Tigers!

And congrats to Coach on number 500!
                      He wasn't the only one that got schooled. JE for all his height and so-called ability to block shots was also schooled. Did Raferty hit 30 points against us?

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                        The U is pretty sad now.
                        FU - 2019.JPG

Comment

• Originally posted by TheShocktocles View Post

He wasn't the only one that got schooled. JE for all his height and so-called ability to block shots was also schooled. Did Raferty hit 30 points against us?
                          I'm sure he has schooled most everyone he has faced.

Rafferty is going to be hard for them to replace.

Comment

• What a win. Beating that team on the road is huge. Let’s do it again Sunday!

Comment

• Originally posted by MelvinLoudermilk View Post

Ever since the game at Tulsa good things have happened when RT is on the floor.
                              My observation with DD is that he didn't come ready to play. He played timid and I am not sure why? I know the other team would not let him catch and shoot. He seem to have a player in his face all the time and it bother him. Hope he shows against Clemson.

Comment

Working...
                              X