Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by im4wsu View Post
    Hopefully a good omen --

The K&O Shocker engine is in Great Bend and has been in the Ellinwood/Great Bend area for a couple of weeks. Today it was back and forth in front of McDonalds three or four times within a 30-minute period. Alas, I did not have my cell phone to take pics.
    C'mon 'N' Ride the Train...

1005.1394569750.jpg

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU View Post

C'mon 'N' Ride the Train...

1005.1394569750.jpg

That’s the one.
      "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
      ---------------------------------------
      Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
      "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
      "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

It is more unusual than not that WSU has not won more conference tournaments over the last several decades. We haven't ever snuck into the tourney like others have.

I thought that both the 2004 and 2005 Turgeon teams were good enough to win the tourney but then UNI comes out of the blue and wins it. Turgeon told me that he thought we beat SIU if we beat Creighton in 2004. That’s when they stole the ball late from Randy Burns.

Marshall's 2011 and 2012 teams were good enough to win but just couldn't quite do it. Look at St Marys, who lost to Gonzaga by 48 points earlier in the year !!! pull an upset. We didn't lose to Cincy or Houston by no freaking 48 points.

I think we are tourney worthy next year, so why not finally sneak in this year?

Comment

Why not! You're absolutely right...we're due.

No shame in sneaking in!!!
          FINAL FOURS:
          1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
          1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
          Number of Times Ranked: 157
          Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
          Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
          Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
          #3 - Dec. 2017
          #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
          #2 ~ March 2014
          Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

I can see us getting maybe one upset, but three? Not very likely. We'd have to play our best ball for 4 games in a row. We barely sneaked by against subpar competition in our last 2 games.

Comment

• wufan
              wufan commented
              Editing a comment
              You shush your mouth!

• WuDrWu
              WuDrWu commented
              Editing a comment
              This department is layin' off civilians left and right.

Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post
            I can see us getting maybe one upset, but three? Not very likely. We'd have to play our best ball for 4 games in a row. We barely sneaked by against subpar competition in our last 2 games.
            Dont rule out the possibility that our likely opponents might not play even their average game against us or they might play badly and get upset before getting to us!
            "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
            ---------------------------------------
            Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
            "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
            "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

How mad would you all be if we make it to the championship game and then lose to Houston by 2 points?
              Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

• FadedCrown
                FadedCrown commented
                Editing a comment
                I would be happy that we locked up an NIT bid but so mad that we just missed the NCAAs by 3 points.

• BOBB
                BOBB commented
                Editing a comment
                Anything beyond ECU is house money.

• ShockerPrez
                ShockerPrez commented
                Editing a comment
                I think if we get that far, coach needs to go Herb Brooks on them.

"You lose this game, and you'll take it to your effing graves!"

(Walk out of the room)

(Walk back in the room)

"Your effing graves!!"

I'm glad we aren't playing UCONN. They look really good with Jalen Adams back.
              I won't tolerate rude behavior

Comment

• WuDrWu
                WuDrWu commented
                Editing a comment
                If UCONN was up against anyone other than Houston, I'd take the Huskies. They are scary athletic and plenty good to beat a bunch of really good teams at or near full strength. I just think Houston is a little too tough.

Watching Houston and UConn. Where the devil are their fans? I can understand UConn but I would certainly expect a larger Houston presence... They are not only flying under the radar nationally but unappreciated by their own fans, in my opinion.

Comment

What an ass kicking we have going on right now. Yikes.
                "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

Originally posted by Windiwu View Post
                  Watching Houston and UConn. Where the devil are their fans? I can understand UConn but I would certainly expect a larger Houston presence... They are not only flying under the radar nationally but unappreciated by their own fans, in my opinion.
                  Apparently, the game is rated NC-17. So parents kept the kids away.

Mercy.
                  "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

This brings me joy since some UCONN fan started yelling at us last night for simply cheering on our team, telling us we suck and all that. I hope that SOB is miserable right now.

Comment

How are there not more fans at the Memphis-UCF game? I figured Memphis fans would fill
                      the place.
                      78-65

Comment

• Bluzrover
                        Bluzrover commented
                        Editing a comment
                        At work so can't see the game. There's no Memphis Tiger crowd and the game is being played in Memphis? That's just pathetic. You know IBA would be f***king rockin' right now with yellow and black. Imagine next year in Ft Worth, a much easier drive down I-35. The American better be prepared for Root Angry next year.

Does anyone think that if this event were in Wichita, it would pretty much sell out? At the very least every session WSU played.
                      "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• pie n eye
                        pie n eye commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I’d be at every game for at least a half.

Memphis is allowed to do whatever they want on defense there. Constant hacking.

Comment

• choida
                        choida commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Let's hope they are allowed to do what ever they want tomorrow... But not Sunday
                    Working...
                    X