President Bardo Passes Away

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• President Bardo Passes Away

March 12, 2019 -- John W. Bardo, president of Wichita State University, died March 12, 2019. He was 70 years old.

Tough news to hear. He left a big mark on WSU

March 12, 2019 -- John W. Bardo, president of Wichita State University, died March 12, 2019. He was 70 years old.

Thank you for your service, sir! You made Wichita State a better place! Rest in peace!
    78-65

Comment

Sorry to hear this. Rest in Peace President Bardo

Comment

Mods, feel free to combine threads...
        78-65

Comment

Sad day when you lose the most visionary president we’ve had in a long time.

Thank you for all you have done for the school and community. God rest your soul.
          Last edited by shoxlax; March 12, 2019, 04:34 PM.

Comment

He clearly was a visionary. RIP Mr. Bardo. WSU will miss you.

Comment

He will be missed and his legacy is secure. I hope they find someone with his vision, initiative and willingness to challenge the status quo.
              Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

NM
                Last edited by wusphlash; March 12, 2019, 06:05 PM.
                Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

How sad is that. But he accomplished so much in such a short time as President at Wichita State and his legacy will be felt for decades to come.

Comment

Ugh. Huge loss. His vision, willingness to take risks, and ability to get things done was incredibly unusual for Wichita. He will be sorely missed.

I hope we can find someone to carry the torch and the momentum in the years ahead.
                    "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

(Some Of) DR. BARDO'S ACCOMPLISHMENTS:
                      • Creation and implementation of Strategic Enrollment Management process resulting in higher enrollment, a third record freshman class and greater diversity in the student body
                      • Identification and development of the I-35 corridor strategy, both for recruiting and economic development
                      • Affiliation with Wichita Area Technical College, now WSU Tech
                      • Doubling the university’s funded research
                      • Creation of new degree programs, such as Master in Innovation Design, Bachelor of Applied Arts and Bachelor of Applied Sciences
                      • Growth of online courses and enrollment
                      • Modernization of on-campus housing
                      • Obtaining membership in the American Athletic Conference
                      • Creation of OneStop and other improvements in student advising to aid retention
                      • Building deeper and more rewarding relationships with some of Wichita’s largest employers, while creating a stronger entrepreneurship infrastructure for WSU students, faculty, staff and the community

Comment

Damn... Sorry to hear that
                        RIP. A lot of respect for you!

A big loss

Comment

Huge loss for the university and Wichita community; only 70 years 'young'. I'm at a loss for words. Dr. Bardo elevated my love for Wichita State University. RIP my friend.
                          "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Grant unto him eternal rest. May light perpetual shine on him. May he Rest In Peace.

Comment

He had been so ill but, the last word we had was that he was doing better and planning on returning to campus. I was very sorry to hear the news today. May he rest in peace and may the Angels lead him into paradise.

Comment

Working...
                              X