President Bardo Passes Away

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheShocktocles View Post

I am sorry I don't understand what your saying , so could please clarify what you mean when you say a SJW type of president.
    For further reading on this subject, look into the implosion currently taking place at Tulsa University.

Comment

I also heard on the radio here that the AD, Football and Basketball coaches all took a pay cut. Haith went down from $1.3M to $1M annually.
      Rip em up, Tear em up, Give em HELL Shockers!

Comment

If they cut women’s gender studies, how will everyone know what gender women are?
        Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post
          If they cut women’s gender studies, how will everyone know what gender women are?
          Why you gotta go and use the G word?
          Last edited by Kung Wu; April 28, 2019, 08:59 PM.
          Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Does offering Women's Gender Studies lead to offering Angry White Men Studies?

Asking for a friend.

I'm hoping that politics is completely out of the equation. The next Prez needs to integrate WSU's strengths (Business and Engineering) as far as possible into the Innovation Campus. Then go to work on making WSU a premiere university for Computer Science. That would absolutely maximize the value of the Innovation Campus, and tie engineering, business, and technology together in ways that would position WSU to be a leading University for producing industry-ready graduates in those fields.

If we can get a Prez who will do that AND SUPPORT ATHLETICS, I don't care if that Prez is a gay, trans-gender. SJW Tea Party member. I think some of those qualifications may be incompatible.
            The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
            We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Celebration of Life for President Bardo Scheduled:
              April 15, 2019 -- A series of events honoring the life of late Wichita State President John Bardo will be held May 6-10 on campus. Dr. Bardo, the 13th president of WSU, died March 12 after a long illness.

Comment

I miss The Bardo immensely. I used to drive by the campus and marvel at the mighty Shocker ship he had built. Now all I can think of is who will be worthy of HIS helm.

T

...:cool:

Comment

• WstateU
                  WstateU commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Cold, ya' gotta have hope and believe, "because tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"

Remember Cold, "hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies."

I have faith that the KBOR is going to 'knock it out of the park' with this hire. Dr. Beggs came at the right time and was a good hire, Dr. Bardo followed and proved to be great. Our university is becoming a giant; not only locally, but regionally, nationally and internationally. Bardo set the wheels in motion, it's time for everyone to get on board...

Here's a little nugget you might have missed...

• C0|dB|00ded
                  C0|dB|00ded commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thanks for the encouragement WstateU, but I deal in probabilities and our odds aren't good with the KBOR. We are due for a MASSIVE reversion to the mean. Get down on bended knee while praying to the Almighty that The Bardo took the incredible foresight to extensively plan for his demise. If development stalls and weeds start to overtake the newly paved roads, you'll have your answer. Then the news articles will start coming out "explaining" how Dr. Bardo meant well but his vision was unrealistic.

T

...:cool:

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                I KNEW his middle name was Winner.

Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

WstateU , I see your last comment and it makes my day. I see that I am not the only one that recognizes great lines from great movies. Cast away and Shawshank Redemption. " I hope I can make it across the border, I hope I can see my friend and shake his hand, I hope the Pacific is as blue as it has been in my dreams, I HOPE.

Comment

“And that’s what they call a Shawshank Redemption” - Tom Hanks

Favorite line from that movie.

Comment

With the momentum the Bardo built, I believe the KBOR will understand that it's in their best interests to make another great hire. Too much is at stake to reverse course.
                      "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Great stuff WstateU

Comment

He was such a dynamic leader...very tough loss for the university and the city.

Comment

Working...
                              X