Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

For those who think the shox take too many 3 pointers....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll just say Go Shox!
    Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever
      Originally posted by wufan
      Originally posted by ShockerFever
      Originally posted by kcshocker11
      I doubt the coach or players consult our board for player critique or criticism. I use a board to discuss issues with fellow fans. Knowing this I expect various degrees of opinions. If only positive opinions were expressed this board wouldnt be worth visiting.

To many people slam SF because he is SF. I like to think fans like SF give color to our board.

Just my opinion, for what its worth
      Thank you.

I can't stand some of the sunshine pumpers that frequent the board at times, but I realize they have an opinion.

And you're right. Everything that is hunky-dory all the time becomes stale and boring and in a way, communistic.
      The negativity is equally borish. It's fine to critisize and I don't think many would disagree that Murry's shot has been less than expected to this point in his career (espescially after his freshman heroics). shockerfan made the same criticism that you made, however, he did it in a non-offensive way, however, you continue to feel the need to lay it out there as a personal attack. Your comments are those that I would expect from a 13 year old going through teen angst and that is why people grow tired of them quickly...just some constructive criticism.
      Are you saying that I'm negative "all the time"? You might wanna go back and re-read some of the 10,000 posts I have accumulated on here. If you're gonna go on the attack, at least be accurate in doing so.

And how was my post a "personal attack"? Seriously?... :roll:

When TM does good things, I give him credit. When I see what I have been seeing for a while now, I'll let ya know about it.

If you insist that I'm a constant negative poster, which I'm not, then you will always have sunshine to help balance it out on here. And if you can't handle my posts, just kindly skip over them every time you see my name pop up. I'm not holding you at gunpoint to read them.

And this is yet another post, where the poster wastes their entire post about me and offers no counter points to the original post I made. That's when you know you're ahead..
      Holy cow Fever, is that the best reply you can come up with? Who wants to read through 10,000 posts looking for a few non negative posts with respect to TM. I doubt that very many posters on here would remember them. I agree with much of what you say with respect to TM. The fact that I don't post negative comments, in your view probably makes me a boring sunshine poster. I just don't see any need to repeat what you have already said numerous times.

Oh, and what in the world is communistic about boring sunshine pumpers?

Comment

Have a little faith in Murry. He is a senior and he has been working his butt off this offseason to improve his game and I cant wait to see his hard work pay off.

Comment

Watch TM's shots. When he has adecent amount of arch onthem he is a pretty good shot, when he doesn't he is not as good.

Comment

They showed some of their practice on KWCH today and I thought Toure's shot looked a bit better.

Comment

test
              I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Originally posted by Calshockfan View Post
                Holy cow Fever, is that the best reply you can come up with? Who wants to read through 10,000 posts looking for a few non negative posts with respect to TM. I doubt that very many posters on here would remember them. I agree with much of what you say with respect to TM. The fact that I don't post negative comments, in your view probably makes me a boring sunshine poster. I just don't see any need to repeat what you have already said numerous times.

Oh, and what in the world is communistic about boring sunshine pumpers?
                You missed the point about the 10,000 posts. My point was that I have thousands upon thousands of positive posts on here. Nobody ever remembers those. They only remember the negative ones that run against the grain.

You do realize we basically rehash the same things over and over every basketball season, right? You do realize the same positive things are repeated on here every day by numerous posters? Obviously, you missed the part where I mentioned I was laying low on some of the TM comments, mostly out of respect to the posters I have offended. So, I've actually held back on easy chances to insert my view on TM and other things. So, please don't come at me with that angle..

There's nothing communistic about being a boring sunshine pumper. However, it is communistic to have sunshine pumpers call for any opposite opinions to be abolished and to flip out about another opposing viewpoint.

Once again, I'll painstakingly bring up my original post that caused hell to unleash. No one has still yet to argue what I said was wrong. They just are mad that is was a truth and they didn't like seeing it.
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                  Like others have mentioned, I don't think WSU players or coaches will be getting advice from here. So maybe it isn't constructive criticism. I dunno what you would call it. But it is my opinion and it may not be popular to some because it's "negative", but it's definitely valid, as others have not been able to fire back any counter options to it. They just get mad and pout.
                  Good enough. I just didn't understand the "constructive criticism" comment. You do have a right to your opinion as does everyone else. There is much said about the people who are positive or negative. I guess it's just a matter of what you look for. Some people look for the positives and others look for the negatives. I imagine that the world needs both types of personalities in order to work.

As for my opinion, the times I've spent around and talking to Toure Murry, he seems to be an outstanding young man. I really like him. I also think he brings much to the program and I'm very happy to that he is a Shocker. Regardless of his 3 point shot selection or accuracy, I personally think the Shox, for the past 3 years, have been a better team due to his efforts and I look forward to his contributions to the team again this year.

Go Shox!

Comment

Originally posted by 150946shox View Post
                    Good enough. I just didn't understand the "constructive criticism" comment. You do have a right to your opinion as does everyone else. There is much said about the people who are positive or negative. I guess it's just a matter of what you look for. Some people look for the positives and others look for the negatives. I imagine that the world needs both types of personalities in order to work.

As for my opinion, the times I've spent around and talking to Toure Murry, he seems to be an outstanding young man. I really like him. I also think he brings much to the program and I'm very happy to that he is a Shocker. Regardless of his 3 point shot selection or accuracy, I personally think the Shox, for the past 3 years, have been a better team due to his efforts and I look forward to his contributions to the team again this year.

Go Shox!
                    Agreed.
                    Deuces Valley.
                    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

I expect the Shox to MAKE a lot more 3 pointers. This will also lead to a lot more made 2 pointers.

Comment

SF I don't have a problem with your opinion concerning TM,he will shine like he always have.Like I said before it's people like you I'm sure that keeps him working hard to get better.So don't do any favors keep coming hard because in the end he will have the last word.

Comment

3 Pointers

I look for Ragland to be more of a factor in 3 pointers this coming season. He shot over 46% his sophmore year in Juco, but, I think, was about 38% last season. He, definately, should be more comfortable this season, and I think his stats will show it.

Comment

Originally posted by Snapshot9 View Post
                            I look for Ragland to be more of a factor in 3 pointers this coming season. He shot over 46% his sophmore year in Juco, but, I think, was about 38% last season. He, definately, should be more comfortable this season, and I think his stats will show it.
                            Actually Joe only hit .313 from 3 point range last year. However, he hit .375 over the last 10 games of the year including .385 in the NIT. I don't think he will have any trouble shooting at a .375 clip his senior season and has the potential to have a big year like Clevin did as a senior.
                            "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Hatter View Post
                              Actually Joe only hit .313 from 3 point range last year. However, he hit .375 over the last 10 games of the year including .385 in the NIT. I don't think he will have any trouble shooting at a .375 clip his senior season and has the potential to have a big year like Clevin did as a senior.
                              He will improve his 3-pt percentage as long as the team has other successful hi-percentage 3-pt options, which will reduce the need for him to throw up hail-mary attempts at the end of the shot clock. If he can be selective, his percentage should increaase.
                              "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                              ---------------------------------------
                              Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                              "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                              "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Originally posted by Bigshotmaker View Post
                                SF I don't have a problem with your opinion concerning TM,he will shine like he always have.Like I said before it's people like you I'm sure that keeps him working hard to get better.So don't do any favors keep coming hard because in the end he will have the last word.
                                Is this you, Toure?
                                Deuces Valley.
                                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Working...
                                X