Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

For those who think the shox take too many 3 pointers....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For those who think the shox take too many 3 pointers....

I know there has been several times over the last year or two where people were not happy with how many 3 point shots we attempted (especially when they weren't falling). I was even among that group a time or two. We already know Marshall allows his shooters to shoot, even to try and shoot themselves out of a slump. That can be quite painful. So I am attempting to prepare myself for this next year and you should too LOL:

"Instead of throwing the ball in the post and letting the guy work, we're more perimeter-oriented," he (Murry) said. "We have a lot of guys that can shoot the ball. It will be more three-point shots than since I've been here."

Read more: http://www.kansas.com/2011/10/13/206...#ixzz1ahzjxVOs

Don't get me wrong, I am excited about this season. I'm just gonna have to remind myself we are gonna have to work from the perimiter more this year. BRING ON BASKETBALL!!!
    "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

It's no the takin' that concerns me, it's the makin'.

:goshocks:

Comment

FWIW

Attended a dinner / awards ceremony at Koch Tuesday night. We left at 8:30 and I poked my head in the gym. There was one player still there. Toure was drenched in sweat working on his ball handling and pull up jumpers.

I was impressed with the work ethic. This is his year to make it happen!

:wsu_posters:

Comment

Originally posted by jcdshocker
        FWIW

Attended a dinner / awards ceremony at Koch Tuesday night. We left at 8:30 and I poked my head in the gym. There was one player still there. Toure was drenched in sweat working on his ball handling and pull up jumpers.

I was impressed with the work ethic. This is his year to make it happen!

:wsu_posters:
        Good to hear. All of them need to adopt the "Graham Hatch work ethic". I'm excited!
        "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

Re: For those who think the shox take too many 3 pointers...

Originally posted by shockerfan
          I know there has been several times over the last year or two where people were not happy with how many 3 point shots we attempted (especially when they weren't falling). I was even among that group a time or two. We already know Marshall allows his shooters to shoot, even to try and shoot themselves out of a slump. That can be quite painful. So I am attempting to prepare myself for this next year and you should too LOL:

"Instead of throwing the ball in the post and letting the guy work, we're more perimeter-oriented," he (Murry) said. "We have a lot of guys that can shoot the ball. It will be more three-point shots than since I've been here."

Don't get me wrong, I am excited about this season. I'm just gonna have to remind myself we are gonna have to work from the perimiter more this year. BRING ON BASKETBALL!!!
          That worries me tremendously, especially if it's Murry that'll be taking those shots.. :roll:
          Deuces Valley.
          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Stutz.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever

That worries me tremendously, especially if it's Murry that'll be taking those shots.. :roll:
              I was beginning to worry because you avoided Toure Murry topics a few times.Now I can relax because you reared your ugly head.Seriously,you need the negative just like you need the positive.It's because of people like you that he's probably in the gym shooting late nights.Keep up the bad work and remember once off the band wagon there's no getting back on, ok johnson.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigshotmaker
                Originally posted by ShockerFever

I was beginning to worry because you avoided Toure Murry topics a few times.Now I can relax because you reared your ugly head.Seriously,you need the negative just like you need the positive.It's because of people like you that he's probably in the gym shooting late nights.Keep up the bad work and remember once off the band wagon there's no getting back on, ok johnson.
                What bothers me is some people can't take fair constructive criticism for what it's worth. I've stayed low on the Toure topics because I understood that I was bothering some of the sunshine types, i.e. you. But if you expect me to keep my opinion of basketball-related items on a message board shut off at every single instance, you have another thing coming...

Instead of bringing up counterpoints to my post, you just wasted an entire post about me and my posts. If you really did have a legitimate counterpoint, you would have thrown back to me Toure's 3-point numbers for his career or something. But you didn't, because that would have killed your counterpoint and pumped up mine.

Until things happen consistently to change my view of things, I'm not gonna just sit there and "take it".

And now back to sugar-coatedville..
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Must admit TM and 3 pt shot worries me a little too. Hope he worked on them.
                  I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

It's true, Murry shot better his freshman year than since then. His shot is still flat, and I thought he was going to fix that, but old habits die hard, don't they?

Kyles is better on 3 pointers, and I would like to see him light it up this season. Smith is pretty good too. Baker, from what I have seen is pretty good at 3 pointers. I think Ede shoots them well too.

We are going to have a new chemistry on the team this year with all the new guys, and I am anxious to see how it all shakes out. I think we will be getting our post play with Stutz, Hall, Anacreon, and White.

Comment

"What bothers me is some people can't take fair constructive criticism for what it's worth."

Personally, I would consider "constructive criticism" as being criticism given directly to somebody in an effort to help, not anonymous opinions shared on a message board. I'm not arguing who's right or wrong concerning Toure Murry, just saying that I don't understand how expressing opinions on this board could be construed as giving constructive criticism to either the player or team.

Comment

I doubt the coach or players consult our board for player critique or criticism. I use a board to discuss issues with fellow fans. Knowing this I expect various degrees of opinions. If only positive opinions were expressed this board wouldnt be worth visiting.

To many people slam SF because he is SF. I like to think fans like SF give color to our board.

Just my opinion, for what its worth
                        I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Everybody knows HCGM gets his coaching advise here. Aren't players instructed to get on shockernet for their daily dose of constructive criticism?
                          People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

We really are getting desperate for Shocker basketball to begin. Maybe we need Cold back just because he adds "flavour" to the board during the summers?
                            Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
                            Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

Kyle Wilson was an extremly effective 4 man due to his ability on the perimeter. It will be nice to have that luxury again from our forwards, especially if they can also bang down low. It should open up the lane a bit more for our guards to drive.

Comment

Working...
                              X